Motivation Questions

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.66K Views
How many weeks of holidays should your team get?

What is the optimum number of holiday weeks for your team to keep them balanced, motivated, productive and happy? I know of one very successful entrepreneur who gives a very generous 8.

asked Nov 28 '09 at 22:29
Blank
Jordan Milne
116 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
3.47K Views
When and how do you reward yourself?

(Note: I maintain a complete "firewall" between company and personal money, and the only way money goes through is with salary, loans, investments, or dividends.) When I took the plunge a few...

asked Oct 29 '09 at 09:09
Blank
Alex Papadimoulis
5,901 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
3.69K Views
How do you manage team motivation? Rewards?

How much value is there in complimenting work done & praise? Vs monetary rewards? Vs awarding more autonomy, promotion? From my experience, when an employee expects a compliment but does not...

asked Oct 23 '09 at 14:40
Blank
Van Nguyen
482 points

6 Votes
10 Answers
3.68K Views
What drives you?

Some people are motivated by money. Others are motivated by fame. Some of us find passion for our ideas that keeps us going no matter what. What drives you? What keeps you going through failure,...

asked Oct 12 '09 at 09:01
Blank
Epall
50 points

1 Votes
8 Answers
2.91K Views
What is your dream team of mentors?

If you were able to choose the ideal team of mentors for your company and you could choose anyone, who would they be and why? Note: This is a dream team, like fantasy football. CEO's? Steve...

asked Oct 13 '09 at 13:00
Blank
Derek Beda
221 points

9 Votes
6 Answers
2.84K Views
Recognizing the "right" idea

My co-founder often says, "the idea of a lifetime comes along every fifteen minutes." I bet most entrepreneurs feel the same way. What was it about your current venture or startup that led you to...

asked Oct 11 '09 at 02:15
Blank
D Thrasher
894 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
2.71K Views
Why you start new product?

What goal you have when start new product (despite money :)?

asked Oct 12 '09 at 02:03
Blank
Michael Dubakov
39 points

17 Votes
8 Answers
3.93K Views
If my founder is losing interest

A few months into the startup and I have a feeling my founder is losing interest/passion/ability to put large amounts of time into the business. The reason this is tough, is because he's the...

asked Oct 14 '09 at 00:33
Blank
Ryan Graves
86 points

16 Votes
13 Answers
5.12K Views
How do you keep yourself motivated?

A lot of entrepreneurs and founders have those 'down times' when they're in a strange funk, slightly burned out from the startup for one reason or another. Some of these reasons may be an...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 11:21
Blank
Mark Bao
604 points