Music Questions

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.46K Views
Should I register an online business in Nevada?

If I want to form an LLC to sell music digitally online, would it benefit me to form an LLC in Nevada (my home state is North Carolina), since I won't have a physical product? If I were to add...

asked Oct 31 '13 at 11:37
Blank
Jackie
16 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
Music Streaming: How do we stream music legally?

My friends and i came up with an idea that involves streaming music for free and paid members like spotify. We are aware that we will need to get licensed by record labels. We do not know how to go...

asked Jul 27 '12 at 09:12
Blank
Nedy
109 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
Is a label considered a publishing company?

I have always been confused as to what the actual function of a Music Label is. I would think that it is a production company, but it could also been as a publishing company because they are also...

asked Apr 16 '12 at 00:36
Blank
Hydroparadise
115 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.34K Views
Beta testing free of charge?

Possible Duplicate: Advice on getting early Beta testers I am a representative for Movieggs, a Swedish IT start-up, looking for beta testers. As we are self-funded we do not have the financial...

asked Mar 2 '12 at 18:12
Blank
Joakim Hedvall
4 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
How to promote a desktop Facebook app about music to get alpha testers?

Possible Duplicate: I made a product, now how can I find customers? I built a prototype for a desktop music app that will keep you updated with music. It has real-time music aggregation, and a...

asked Feb 24 '12 at 08:48
Blank
Meir
238 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
Legality of using/embedding MP3s?

I am working on a language learning startup. I think that one of the best ways to study is through music. For that purpose I would like to include MP3s on the website, together with related study...

asked Nov 25 '11 at 12:00
Blank
Pogopuschel
101 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.6K Views
Learning more about PAID deskop music players market in 2011

Considering developing a software product which will enhance the control ability of existing media players for audio enthusiasts (audiophiles, htpc users and more). The first step is to estimate...

asked Nov 9 '11 at 08:49
Blank
Matt
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.93K Views
Who is responsible for tracking copyright issues?

I have a brand new website for easy sharing of music. The files are intended to be copyright free (home recordings, podcasts etc). The system though could easily be used for music which does have...

asked Sep 16 '11 at 22:27
Blank
Max San
108 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.63K Views
Common ways to advertise music?

What are some common ways that record labels advertise music?

asked Jul 25 '11 at 09:02
Blank
Edward Black
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.76K Views
Options needed for a startup with unique ability to re-create live musical ensembles

I'm a newbie building a startup using my unique skill set to re-create the sound of professional musical ensembles without synthesizers or MIDI. In the industry, this is unprecedented and will save...

asked Jun 7 '11 at 07:30
Blank
Gregarious
88 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.89K Views
Confidentiality Agreements for innovative uses of commercial software

I have a startup music business where I can produce, but am not limited to, an entire 18-piece big-band ala Hoyt Curtin ("The Jetsons", "Flintstones" etc.) overnight without any recording expenses...

asked Jun 7 '11 at 11:04
Blank
Gregarious
88 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.86K Views
Royalty free music business affiliate program

I'm building a startup music service that uses recordings of real musicians and creates completely new music out of it. Musicians that submit acceptable recordings that are sitting on a hard drive...

asked Jun 7 '11 at 11:12
Blank
Gregarious
88 points

11 Votes
5 Answers
2.73K Views
Can a startup with little expenses really benefit from investors?

My Royalty Free Music business model is designed to have zero expenses other than keeping my domain name up every year. The 'fuel' to my company is musicians' old recordings which I create new...

asked Jun 7 '11 at 11:40
Blank
Gregarious
88 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
7.23K Views
Is it legal to show an album on a Youtube Video?

Im currently working on a channel on Yt which does album reviews and I've gone from just speaking to do it in person on webcam and I am hoping at some point to go for a Yt partnership as I've...

asked May 3 '11 at 11:12
Blank
Keepinitcore
8 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.01K Views
what are the legal ramifications of an android app that uses third party music?

I was thinking of creating an Android game/app that plays a soundtrack from a movie, and prompts you to guess what movie it is from. My question is: what are the legal ramifications of an app like...

asked Apr 13 '11 at 01:38
Blank
Ephraim
121 points

8 Votes
5 Answers
6.44K Views
Music to use in screencasts

We are regularly making some screencasts to demonstrate new functionality to our clients. It would be good to have some nice, engaging background music playing throughout the show. Are there any...

asked Feb 24 '11 at 20:36
Blank
Art
350 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.97K Views
(market resource question) What is the most used pc music player?

How can I know which pc desktop music player is the most common in the desktop pc world ? or even where i can find such data ? which is the most used by desktop users ? I would like to develop...

asked Dec 17 '09 at 22:26
Blank
Meir
238 points