Non Profit Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.88K Views
Donation Platform: LLC or a 501(c)(3)?

I am starting a for-profit online donation platform. My company currently is an LLC and I have gotten conflicting reports on whether or not I need to convert to a 501(c)(3) so that the passthrough...

asked Jun 12 '11 at 11:40
Blank
Tesmar
106 points

9 Votes
3 Answers
4.6K Views
How to get seed funding for non-profit?

I have a concept for a non-profit organization which would solve huge problems (think "climate change" for example) with money raised by aggregating very small payments from businesses for...

asked May 3 '11 at 07:02
Blank
Beedlebum
46 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.35K Views
Deciding on a tax structure

I wish to start a small business and while at first the goal will be to strengthen a community it would be nice to possible make money in the end. A group of us has gotten together to work on this...

asked Apr 20 '11 at 16:36
Blank
Ak Geek
11 points

12 Votes
5 Answers
3.69K Views
Creating non-profit startup from open-source software project

I founded an open-source software project for voting about 8 years ago. It has been mostly a solo project, and it is very successful in that it is by far the most well known and most used software...

asked Apr 16 '11 at 07:46
Blank
Kekito
1,936 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
What are the business opportunities for de jure non-profit startup?

Our technical startup - overlooking public finance - must have non-profit badge to claim neutrality and attract community. What is the financial and business aspect? Can we have other sources of...

asked Mar 6 '11 at 09:55
Blank
Daniel.Sedlacek
108 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
How might a non-profit public service website be valued?

Assume a website that provides a free service to a certain community (disability related). The site is run by a charitable foundation and there's no charge for the users of the site. There are 2...

asked Dec 17 '10 at 08:57
Blank
Howie
148 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.69K Views
what are the steps in creating a non profit foundation/site?

Anyone know in Canada where to register? What are the other steps? Has anyone done it that can summarize the steps?

asked Dec 16 '10 at 03:40
Blank
User5996
11 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.64K Views
Where to draw the line between non-profit and profit project

I have this project, where I'm about to create a political debate website. The election time in my country has just passed so there are quite a few people with questions for the politicians, and it...

asked Nov 5 '10 at 22:19
Blank
Janis Peisenieks
181 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.4K Views
Free ESPs (Email Service Providers) for Tax Exempt Non-Profit organizations?

My Tax Exempt 501(c)(3)non-profit organization is launching a new web application. We will be generating large amounts of emails between our users. We estimate that we will be sending and receiving...

asked Oct 16 '10 at 11:43
Blank
John Kramlich
108 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
1.85K Views
What Techniques Can All Volunteer Organizations Learn From Startups?

I volunteer with a neighborhood group and wanted to know your thoughts on startup management, motivation, organization, etc. techniques that I can apply to all volunteer organizations. It seems...

asked Mar 17 '10 at 01:54
Blank
Jarie Bolander
11,421 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.59K Views
How do I weight the risk/benefit of incorporating as a non-profit verses an for profit LLC?

I have a start-up that could potentially qualify for non-profit 501(c)(3) status (an educational Q&A website for a specific branch of Psychology). The business would incur some debt and have...

asked Oct 13 '09 at 10:09
Blank
Rob Allen
631 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.53K Views
Non-Profit Startup Resources

I've never started a business before, let alone a charitable, non-profit organization. I search the web and find a lot of information, but other than common sense, I don't know how to tell what is...

asked Oct 14 '09 at 06:17
Blank
Scott
121 points