Odesk Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.6K Views
How to do background checks on new hires? Should a startup even care about doing checks?

I am going to be hiring my first remote employee that I found on ODesk. Had initially contracted him on an hourly basis but would like to hire him full time directly outside of ODesk.Should I do...

asked Feb 14 '14 at 00:52
Blank
User30123
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
4.26K Views
Can you raise money from VCs if you're a solo founder and all your employees are ODesk contractors?

I have a solo founder (technical) who has hired 8 full time contractors on ODesk for my startup. We have launched an MVP and starting to get some initial traction.Would VCs reject such a startup...

asked Jun 13 '14 at 14:13
Blank
Mark Ballard
14 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.15K Views
Non technical founders: how do you select your technology stack?

I'm a non-technical founder who is going to be using contractors on ODesk to build the MVP. How do I decide on which technologies to pick?- PHP andMySQL- Rails and PostGres- Node.jsEtc.How you...

asked Mar 29 '14 at 16:45
Blank
John Stinnett
4 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.58K Views
Communication pitfalls and tips for remote teams?

Now that my startup is starting to generate revenue, I'm going to hire a designer, a rails coder, and several SEO people to work remotely. I'll likely start on ODesk and if they are good, move the...

asked Mar 15 '14 at 12:23
Blank
Melissa Gonzales
35 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.54K Views
What tasks should a founder outsource to virtual assistants?

I want to hire a virtual assistant on ODesk and curious what kind of tasks do people usually have them do?What are your business / personal tasks that you would outsource to make your life easier...

asked Mar 4 '14 at 15:23
Blank
Lillian Price
50 points