Offshore Questions

7 Votes
11 Answers
4.14K Views
Should I trust software development companies from Asia?

There are lots of sites around the internet that offer cheap labour from an offshore location. What do you think about using this type of site to speed up your local business? Is it a good idea?...

asked May 5 '11 at 02:46
Blank
Sfrj
205 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
3.23K Views
Starting relationships for offshore software company

I'm a software developer from Argentina looking to start a long lasting trust relationship with software entrepeneurs for providing high quality offshore development/programming services. Does...

asked Feb 20 '13 at 04:00
Blank
Adrianboimvaser
107 points

5 Votes
7 Answers
10.2K Views
Options for hiring Indian workers directly

My core aim is to hire people directly in India (Delhi) and spend a lot of time there myself (I am a British person with a British passport). I am interested in knowing what are the best options...

asked Dec 10 '10 at 22:47
Blank
Dav
26 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.72K Views
What's a solid hosting company located in the British Virgin Islands? (BVI)

As a quick prologue: a client is setting up a corporation in the BVI for tax / legal purposes. Due to this, I'm currently searching for a hosting company located in BVI to run their website from....

asked Feb 16 '11 at 05:03
Blank
Brent Lachman
41 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.47K Views
I am a senior software engineer who wants to start my own software development company

I am working as a software engineer at different posts since a decade and now I am looking to start my own software development company. My business model would be offshore development. I have...

asked Sep 13 '13 at 02:47
Blank
Vicky
101 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.99K Views
Company formation for forex trading and paying taxes

I do work with currencies trading (Forex), I do have Forex traders who trade with my capital, and it is increasing gradually. What I want to do is to find a solution which allows me to run trading...

asked May 1 '13 at 23:38
Blank
Trading Fx
1 point

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.94K Views
Where to set up a very small company where my name will be hidden

I need to set up a company to do some development for couple of companies. Less than 100k of revenue per year. But the problem is that my personal name should be hidden for some very personal...

asked May 2 '13 at 04:52
Blank
E White
6 points

-2 Votes
1 Answers
1.87K Views
Create Offshore or local?

Being in the Internet age and all, and only buying and delivering services through the Internet: Should I create a company local to where I live or in some offshore business friendly...

asked Mar 30 '13 at 01:44
Blank
Xyz
1 point

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.86K Views
Tax implications of an overseas business running a Kickstarter campaign via a US or UK person's account

If an overseas business runs a Kickstarter campaign via a US or UK person's account, does anyone know what the tax implications would be for a US resident? Does anyone know what the tax...

asked Jan 23 '13 at 21:17
Blank
Mark Sheppard
16 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
Will I REALLY save on taxes by incorporating offshore?

I'm about to launch a product and need to register a company (in order to handle payments for my product, and get a merchant account). I'll give specific information on my own situation below, but...

asked Jan 6 '13 at 00:25
Blank
Nick Budden
129 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
5.46K Views
Tax for US company hiring offshore consultant

What are the Tax implications for US company hiring offshore software consultants? How different is it from hiring a consultant from US in tax filings? Are taxes higher for a US Company to hire an...

asked Sep 13 '12 at 10:14
Blank
All Spark
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
Using Dubai as a tax haven - US nationals

My friend approached me with a business idea of selling a service to allow US business owners to incorporate in Dubai in order to avoid taxes. She resides in Dubai and owns a business there, and...

asked May 31 '12 at 10:55
Blank
Chris
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
4.4K Views
What is the legal and tax implication of a US company (Texas C Corp) hiring employees directly in India

I am the co-founder/shareholder of a US based software startup (Texas C Corp). Due to some personal reasons I have had to move to India and to make the most of it, I am planning on hiring a few...

asked May 9 '12 at 14:32
Blank
Rajat Mittal
1 point

8 Votes
7 Answers
3.18K Views
Off Shore vs "Self Development"

After being a senior developer for quite a few years (more than 15) I would like to start my own business and implement a product that will be used for financial purpose (it will probably take 4-5...

asked Mar 6 '12 at 04:18
Blank
Massimiliano Peluso
172 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.93K Views
Offshore Patent

If someone in the US holds a very broad patent on a web based process in the US, is it possible to create an offshore company to circumvent the existing patent? What are the possible repercussions...

asked Feb 15 '12 at 08:23
Blank
Darthg8r
114 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
A "competitive edge" for an offshore development company?

I am an American with (a bit of) a marketing background, though currently I live in Minsk, Belarus. I recently met the CEO of a very tiny Software Development start-up, and we developed a friendly...

asked Jan 28 '12 at 03:56
Blank
Davey Boy
55 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
10.4K Views
Avoiding complicated EU VAT rules for SaaS company

I am in the UK and am in the process of setting up a SaaS product which people will be able to purchase online by monthly subscription. I have been researching the VAT rules for supply of...

asked Aug 19 '11 at 08:00
Blank
Chris Roberts
1,352 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.11K Views
Freelancing: Traveling & Taxes

I'm a German citizen, but have been living in various EU and non-EU countries. I usually do remote freelance work. Since I don't live in Germany, I don't see the point why I should pay the high...

asked Jul 4 '11 at 19:21
Blank
Znq
164 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.61K Views
Offshore consulting from the view point of a US company

If I provide consulting/freelance services for a US company, does it matter for the US company whether I'm based in Germany, India or the Seychelles? I'm NOT interested in the reputations these...

asked Jul 10 '11 at 20:11
Blank
Znq
164 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.41K Views
What to include in an intro letter for a potential customer?

I am experienced in my field (Software Engineering) but its mostly as a worker. This means that I can handle the work and can get it done from workers but I don't exactly know how to market my...

asked Jun 17 '11 at 23:11
Blank
Muhammad Yasir
108 points