Offshore Questions

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.65K Views
Fraudulent Software Startups and Misrepresentation

I recently learned of a U.S. software start-up claiming to have a team of professional developers in-house, but in-fact has all of its work done through two offshore companies (one in Eastern...

asked Jun 6 '11 at 02:51
Blank
Mqv
52 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.9K Views
Using Dubai as a tax haven

I am British and want to startup my company in Dubai. What kind of issues will I run into if I want to use the money in UK, USA or anywhere else in the world?

asked Apr 4 '11 at 23:26
Blank
Oshirowanen
201 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.59K Views
Questions about creating a web startup in a tax haven

I am a US citizen and resident and am opening a business selling online services to US customers. The first thing that came to mind when thinking about business / legal concerns is, Why not open it...

asked Apr 6 '11 at 23:42
Blank
Orokusaki
118 points

6 Votes
1 Answers
5.18K Views
What are the disadvantages / pitfalls of incorporating offshore?

I am looking into setting up a company for a business I'm bootstrapping, that I plan to finance by doing consulting/freelancing. So I would like to set up a legal entity to do business. The main...

asked Mar 28 '11 at 05:22
Blank
Mircea Grelus
782 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.62K Views
Where should I incorporate as an American expatriate?

I am a U.S. citizen who is about to move to Mexico for the next 2-4 years. Following that, I expect to move to Italy more or less permanently. So my question is, is there any advantage/disadvantage...

asked Feb 27 '11 at 07:47
Blank
Kenneth Vogt
2,917 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
3.24K Views
What's the yearly cost of incorporating in the US?

We are currently a LLC from Uruguay, and we've been requested by a potential customer in the US to provide employer identification number (EIN). So we are evaluating the possibility of...

asked Jan 27 '11 at 06:58
Blank
Gabriel Lopez
31 points