Online Questions

4 Votes
7 Answers
2.77K Views
Advertising for my ecommerce startup

We are an ecommerce startup into online services in India and are looking for ways to advertise ourselves. Is google adword or facebook ad a good choice? Also does getting big time into social...

asked Dec 19 '12 at 15:25
Blank
Bhasky
24 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.63K Views
Sell Shares in a retail startup

I have a 50% stake in a retail online start-up that has been in business more than a year. I got accepted to business school and start in August 2013. My partner claims that I will not be motivated...

asked Dec 20 '12 at 11:06
Blank
Salesmanager
1 point

10 Votes
4 Answers
2.81K Views
Is it worth using box shots for online product sales?

I am selling professional software B2B online to engineers. Price tag around $1k. Many online software vendors include an image of their product's packaging, a so-called "box shot". Of course,...

asked Nov 6 '12 at 23:59
Blank
Paperjam
394 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.34K Views
How to be competitive on freelance sites

I am a web designer/developer in the US and I am very interested in obtaining freelance work via the Internet. However, sites such as ODesk and Elance seem unfavorable to freelancers who need to...

asked Nov 14 '12 at 13:32
Blank
Darren
103 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.12K Views
How can I apply the Lean Startup technique to an online course

The course will be made up of videos and we're going to have them professionally filmed all at one time, and we won't be able to do them twice, so I'm not sure how I would make a minimum viable...

asked Nov 17 '12 at 12:36
Blank
User1739162
3 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.16K Views
Online sales and startup

What is the best way to go about getting more profit and paying less tax when it comes to selling something strictly online? Say I have a dual citizenship, to Canada and Mexico. And I do all my...

asked Oct 22 '12 at 15:49
Blank
Bazzi
16 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.9K Views
Why is it necessary for online marketing to be mobile-friendly?

Can online marketing still survive even if it isn't mobile-friendly? What advantages can it give to online marketing?

asked Oct 26 '12 at 17:04
Blank
Lorie Lewis
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.62K Views
I will live in 0% income tax zone, and my service is provided online, will I be obligated to pay any tax

Specifically I'm thinking of living in UAE. They don't have a tax treaty with the USA, but if the service is an online service, owned only by me and not incorporated, am I liable for anything? (I...

asked Oct 26 '12 at 22:33
Blank
Tom
121 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.83K Views
How to spot a good social media marketer

It's a bit subjective but helpful and on-topic IMO, mayebe should be made community wiki I've been in contact with some guest bloggers lately which are interested in publishing posts on my...

asked Oct 3 '12 at 06:36
Blank
Fiftyeight
125 points

-3 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Does it matter if a online business is registered or not?

I was wondering about having my online business registered in Canada. My biggest concern about having my business registered is does the governments rules really matter when it comes to online...

asked Jul 31 '12 at 16:33
Blank
Ub3rst4r
103 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
Should I have a "presence" on Facebook & Twitter & Google+?

I have a habit of registering my own name on social sites, just to ensure that nobody impersonates me. Now, starting a business, I am doing the same with the business name and the product...

asked Jun 11 '12 at 20:51
Blank
Torben Gundtofte Bruun
350 points

-3 Votes
4 Answers
2.22K Views
Does 20,000 free downloads mean at least 10,000 paid sales?

I have found certain shareware software products have large number of downloads. My question is if there are some 20,000 free downloads, how many of the downloaders would have actually bought and...

asked Jun 1 '12 at 20:43
Blank
Techno
128 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.95K Views
Are online incorporation and contract forms sufficient?

Myself and two others have founded a start up and would like to incorporate. There are several sites that set up and file online (LegalZoom being one example), and I was wondering if in early...

asked May 15 '12 at 03:26
Blank
Zugwalt
135 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.18K Views
Charging U.S. sales taxes on product purchased online and sold from foreign location

We are building an online application that will allow users to create and purchase high-quality typographic logos and business cards. The application is taking a while to develop so we've decided...

asked Apr 9 '12 at 21:41
Blank
Miguel Buckenmeyer
482 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
Marketing - Competitor goes out of business

I've read that the online image editor app http://www.picnik.com closes. How should a competitor react on such a message? What marketing measures are the right ones to reach users that are looking...

asked Apr 10 '12 at 19:40
Blank
James
16 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.33K Views
Beta testing free of charge?

Possible Duplicate: Advice on getting early Beta testers I am a representative for Movieggs, a Swedish IT start-up, looking for beta testers. As we are self-funded we do not have the financial...

asked Mar 2 '12 at 18:12
Blank
Joakim Hedvall
4 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
What state do I need to file taxes in for my online business?

We have an online web development business with no true 'physical' address. We have incorporated in DE, I reside in CA and use my address for the contact information and my partner who is a true...

asked Mar 9 '12 at 06:55
Blank
Jason Craig
11 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.28K Views
How should I accept payments from clients for my online business?

I will be offering services virtually through my online business. What options are there for accepting payment electronically? There is the obvious one PayPal, but are there any others worth...

asked Mar 12 '12 at 12:32
Blank
User16817
63 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
Online Retail for the former Soviet republics

I am curious as to whether anyone has any insight into running a online retail business in the former Soviet Republics. Most of the western world is quite used to Credit Cards, and other electronic...

asked Feb 17 '12 at 09:03
Blank
Karlson
1,779 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.06K Views
Online Meeting Software for a Startup

There are 5 other members in the startup and they work in different locations. We are looking for online meeting software suitable for a small distributed workforce. It has to support at least...

asked Jan 21 '12 at 09:00
Blank
Ryan Rho
53 points