Online Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.94K Views
Register company on H-1B, registration process for California and online business requirement?

Three questions: Can I register a company/ business in the US on H-1B visa? Does an online business need to be registered with the state or country? If answers to the above are yes, then what's...

asked Jan 22 '12 at 14:32
Blank
Foo
6 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.5K Views
Does using Fulfilment by Amazon in a different country makes you liable to charge local sales tax in the country?

My business is in Canada. I sell goods online that I ship by mail. I would like to use a fulfilment center in the UK to lower the cost of shopping for my european sales. Do I become liable for...

asked Jan 1 '12 at 19:29
Blank
Alexandre H. Tremblay
186 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.08K Views
How to start a UK online business? (admin)

A few years ago I had an idea for an online business, its going to operate as a freemium model and simply deal with information no tangible goods. since then I have been creating the site learning...

asked Jan 8 '12 at 06:09
Blank
Dave
113 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.71K Views
Does anyone know of golfcentric angel investors?

I have been working on finding an investor for the LTPGA - The Less Than Perfect Golfers Association, Inc. Finding a golf-centric angel who has a sense of humor would be ideal. The basic math is...

asked Dec 27 '11 at 14:39
Blank
Bubba G
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.96K Views
I have started an online forum for university students, how do I get users?

My website is rather unique in what it offers to users. Not only does it offer a forum specific for different subjects, but it includes Links boards and News boards for the subjects where users can...

asked Nov 6 '11 at 04:45
Blank
Noah O
8 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
6.33K Views
What are the ways to sell desktop applications

I'm figuring the ways to sell software online. I want a service that is easy to use. PayPal is good, but I'm not sure if most of the people have PayPal. Also Fortumo is a good service, it works in...

asked Nov 2 '11 at 21:51
Blank
Blez
126 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.47K Views
To launch a website business, what do I need for funding?

I just want to have my own website where I sell products that I manufacture using CAD software. I'm trying to look three ahead because that's supposedly how long it takes for a business to start...

asked Oct 8 '11 at 16:55
Blank
Wolfpack'08
99 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.63K Views
Marketing Education ERP with partners

We have an ERP product that is targeted at schools, colleges, small & large institutes. We are looking to sell this product online with SaaS model. The product is ready and we are now...

asked Sep 25 '11 at 21:45
Blank
Dartz Educational Erp
3 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.99K Views
What is a possible net worth value for online start-ups 3-5 years in their existence?

I understand there is nothing like typical scenario for this, however what do you think is a possible net worth value for an online start-up in 3-5 years time, considering that the business is on a...

asked Sep 20 '11 at 13:16
Blank
Peter K.
194 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.69K Views
looking for inexpensive solution for backing up files on hosted server

There are so many free and low-cost options to backup desktop files on the cloud (Moxy, CrashPlan, SpiderOak, etc.). Doesn't seem like any of these support servers (e.g. remote monitors). Anyone...

asked Sep 5 '11 at 06:52
Blank
Tim8691
17 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.01K Views
Is there such thing as a "real virtual computer"

Myself and a few others have been doing a bit of research and couldn’t find anything on the following. A virtual pc, where I could use my not-so-good current pc but have access to a much better,...

asked Aug 27 '11 at 09:33
Blank
Logi Kal
37 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.39K Views
Starting an Online E-commerce business

Currently, I am working as a Web Developer and looking to start an online business in my spare time. My Project is to create an ecommerce website, initially in the UK, for the latest mens and...

asked Aug 13 '11 at 01:47
Blank
Awais
23 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.94K Views
How to earn incentive on my website?

I have a website named Digital Flicks and its a website on most of the Web technology updates. Now the problem I have is that I want to monetize the website soon. I want to know some Ad Publishing...

asked Jul 21 '11 at 02:49
Blank
Shiv Kumar Ganesh
118 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.85K Views
How should I list all the features?

I now have my website up. I have listed top 6 features on "homepage". I have 29 vital features to my service (Live-Chat) that needs to be listed on "features" page. I tried various templates but...

asked Jun 29 '11 at 17:42
Blank
Julia
178 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
2.17K Views
What are some good ways to bring in people to create an online "community"?

I know this has little to do with software start up companies. But throughout school and research I've concluded most startups have to go through the same things. I'm working on an event group that...

asked May 20 '11 at 02:15
Blank
Daniel
36 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.47K Views
Should company name include .com?

During the process of registering a LLC, it you are supposed to call it CompanyName, LLC.. My company is an online business. Is it best to register the offical name as CompanyName.com, LLC or...

asked May 14 '11 at 02:23
Blank
Sk24iam
344 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
looking for Accounting solution

I am looking for an accounting solution. I have an online store where I currently use PayPal, Shopify, and of course my own bank. I have not been able to find a good accounting solution yet. I am...

asked May 6 '11 at 03:07
Blank
Hank
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.51K Views
Moving from one cloud-based CRM to another?

We're a small healthcare-related services company with one sales rep, whom I manage. We are trying out the Salesforce.com contact manager and it seems to do the job for what we need. We use Google...

asked Apr 22 '11 at 00:31
Blank
Tcolling
433 points