Part Time Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
4K Views
Equity split for advisors, part-time and full-time founders?

I am a part of a software startup that includes the following six founders. We are about to seek VC and we need to make sure that we split the equity in a fair/correct manner. Based on the...

asked Sep 23 '14 at 23:35
Blank
User34135
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.23K Views
Hiring interns instead of employees? Would it be a red flag for investors?

Would it be a red flag for investors if we (2 co-founders) have our entire team comprised of part time interns instead of full time employees? We are looking for a sizable seed round (between $1m...

asked May 16 '14 at 17:11
Blank
Karen Seals
4 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.91K Views
research the profit potential of a hobby wood carving business

I am a software developer and i wish to start a side business as a hobby wood carver. What is the best way to go about researching the profit potential of those idea? i was thinking: 1. go on...

asked Sep 26 '13 at 05:23
Blank
Victor
137 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.38K Views
Do I need a co-founder?

I am a professional developer, and I work on the side on my own projects. I incorporated a company about a year ago, and my last side-project generates about $400 a month. I have now started...

asked Jul 16 '13 at 22:38
Blank
Antipasti
3 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.43K Views
Recommended Business Structure for Group of Part Time App Builders

A few friends and I have started building small apps and WordPress plugins in our spare time, and I'm wondering what would be the best business structure (LLC, S-Corp, etc) as I think it's almost...

asked Feb 20 '13 at 06:14
Blank
Jeremiah Prummer
441 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
Equity split for non day-to-day founder

I wish that my equity situation for my new company were easy; unfortunately it's not - so I'd love feedback and thoughts. I met with a well connected business person (we'll call him Karl), and he...

asked Jan 14 '13 at 11:32
Blank
User22529
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.28K Views
How much power should you give your part-time staff?

My company started hiring office assistants a couple years ago. The rationale is pretty straightforward: since good engineers are hard to find, free our engineers of non-engineering tasks so they...

asked Jan 11 '13 at 05:34
Blank
User1662
173 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.4K Views
How to persuade the boss to give me 1 free day?

I am working in a small software company. Owner directly manages the business. I'd like to start my own project, part time. I have a family. It is difficult to find free time to work on my...

asked Oct 3 '12 at 06:44
Blank
Mel1
6 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.07K Views
equity for part-time project?

I have a side project that I work on part-time. Recently someone who is not technical had similar idea approached me and would like to work on the marketing side and help out on product design....

asked Sep 26 '12 at 16:45
Blank
Perlwle
23 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.26K Views
Going part-time at current employer to fund start-up

I'm currently bootstrapping my startup but I'm finding that I don't have enough time at the end of a day of work to make enough progress. I'm not able to support myself enough to go full time yet,...

asked Sep 4 '12 at 11:53
Blank
User19467
16 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
4.52K Views
Vesting for large group of part-time cofounders

I am involved with a startup that has a very unique structure. We started as friends, all working in our spare time, never intending for it to become a business. Eventually, it started catching on...

asked May 31 '12 at 14:32
Blank
Lbc
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.48K Views
I'm a part-time founder working with two full time partners. What is an appropriate equity share?

This is an update to a question I posted a few weeks ago. Help would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm a co-founder of a new startup with two other partners. We are just hammering out terms (equity...

asked Jan 6 '12 at 11:22
Blank
Local79
21 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
6.08K Views
Equity for a part-time founder?

I'm a co-founder of a new startup with two other partners. I'm a designer and they are a developer and biz dev guy respectively. We are in the initial prototyping phase for the project and will be...

asked Dec 22 '11 at 04:32
Blank
Local79
21 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.41K Views
Contribute to a startup as a part timer

I work as an architect in a successful product company. I am passionate about doing something of my own like building my own IP. Right now i do not want to just quit my job and do something of my...

asked Nov 6 '09 at 19:18
Blank
Siddharth
88 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
3.06K Views
Anyone get closer to success after working on their startup part-time?

Many suggest to work on your prototype part-time and quit after getting some users. I found that it is hard to build a quality product on a part-time basis because of distractions. I have tried a...

asked Oct 12 '09 at 23:07
Blank
Web Thinker
430 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
3.03K Views
When to say no to a job offer?

What if you were finishing your degree and you got an offer from a big company, such as McKinsey. What would you do? Would you say no thanks and work 100% on your idea, or work part-time on your...

asked Oct 13 '09 at 06:36
Blank
Tiago
333 points