Partner Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.25K Views
Finding an accountability partner or mentor

Are there any online resources for finding an accountability partner for a startup. It could be in the way of a mentor.

asked Jul 10 '12 at 22:34
Blank
Justin Alexander
111 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.8K Views
Importance of Business Networking in a Tech Company

Everybody seems to think the opposite, but does it really matters how well you are connected with others entrepreneurs, developers or VCs when you own a tech company? It seems obvious that it...

asked May 30 '12 at 23:08
Blank
Hartator
116 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
Meeting with potential partners: should I make them sign a NDA?

I'm a Web developper and have a dating website idea. I'll meet in the next few weeks some webmarketers that could be my potential partners. I'll talk about the idea of course and make them an...

asked Jun 1 '12 at 22:52
Blank
Younès
120 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.25K Views
Steps before starting a partnership

I have seen quite a lot of questions/doubts and concerns here on http://answers.onstartups.com about partnerships. Splitting, percentages, responsibilities, legal obligations etc etc. In my...

asked Jun 2 '12 at 01:30
Blank
User983248
489 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
6.28K Views
Channel Partners : How to calculate their Cut/Commission

We are developing product which is SAAS based and is expected to launch by August 12. I am in the process of finding Channel partners/*.Partners, who would help me sell the product in respective...

asked May 12 '12 at 13:26
Blank
Ameya Phadke
56 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
5.44K Views
How Claim Operating Expenses on Pass Through Multi-Partner LLC

The LLC has operating expenses (e.g., internet, phone, etc.). How are these passed through to the partners? Form 1065 ln 20 provides for Other Deductions such as these (I believe). However,...

asked Apr 7 '12 at 11:45
Blank
Perplexed Bob
16 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.38K Views
How to find people with business background to complete the team?

We are a very strong team technology-wise but little start-up/business experience on board. It would make an awful lot of sense to extend the team with someone who potentially has start-up...

asked Mar 13 '12 at 15:31
Blank
Michael Hausenblas
118 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.22K Views
Protecting myself with a new business venture at the VP

I really need advice in how to protect myself with a new venture I took on. In January 2011, I became an adviser and sat on the board to a beverage company as I taught the CEO about channel...

asked Mar 23 '12 at 00:06
Blank
Av Gvpsf
11 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
2.31K Views
Equity for a technical cofounder

Possible Duplicate: Forming a new software startup, how do I allocate ownership fairly? I'm a developer who has been in contact with a nontechnical cofounder to become the technical cofounder in...

asked Feb 22 '12 at 08:38
Blank
Fred
6 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.33K Views
What happens to equity as the company grows?

What happens when you start a company using Joel's Totally Fair Method to Divide Up The Ownership of Any Startup with two technical founders whose roles change over time? Imagine the case where...

asked Feb 12 '12 at 04:15
Blank
Gili
178 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
International Business Partner

I've finally found someone I wish to extend an offer to as a business partner and make him a part owner in the company, only he's international. The company is an LLC based in the USA and this...

asked Feb 15 '12 at 09:34
Blank
Marco Ceppi
126 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
I'm a designer, but need help. Where to find?

I run a business by myself as an HTML/CSS designer. I also do the graphics, the back-end, and customize scripts to fit my clients needs. I also have to draft contracts, keep track of accounts...

asked Jan 29 '12 at 07:29
Blank
Marc
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
4.59K Views
How to convert a single member LLC into a LLC with multiple members?

I started as a single member LLC. I found some great partners. How do I add them into the LLC as members? What needs to be signed between us, is there a specific document we should maintain? Who...

asked Feb 2 '12 at 05:13
Blank
Box Cat
5 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.17K Views
How to handle a leaving employee's shares

I have a question about what are the best exit options for employees that own shares in a company and want to leave after some time. For example, let's say at the start of a company the first...

asked Jan 24 '12 at 09:38
Blank
Jfaulkins
111 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.99K Views
Inputs on partnership startup

I am planning to work as a partner in a startup along with my friend. Since he is a critical resource so he is taking a major chunk of the equity and holds the decision making power. I being a part...

asked Dec 20 '11 at 16:02
Blank
Jds
3 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
1.82K Views
Problems with business partner

A little background first - I am a co-founder on a small software startup that was founded in 2009. I am the developer while my partner (who came up with the idea) handles the business side of...

asked Nov 30 '11 at 05:23
Blank
Dnr
170 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.33K Views
Where to find coders interested in a seeded start-up based in Italy?

We are 3 partners and friends based in Milan, Italy, who started a crowdsourcing site which allows academics to work on short-term assignments. We launched in March of this year, and managed to...

asked Dec 1 '11 at 19:06
Blank
User1073693
11 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
2.56K Views
Role of Business Partner While Developer is Developing

So... in a startup... im the techie/developer of the business, my partner is the business side. While, I'm developing this elaborate application... what should he be doing? What do business people...

asked Nov 5 '11 at 10:52
Blank
Meow
56 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
Dividing an LLC and bringing more partners down the road

I have been developing a game for 3 years now. And recently, a friend has joined me to work on the game with me. By next year, we plan to bring along an artist and musician to help us finish the...

asked Nov 6 '11 at 04:35
Blank
Vakey
8 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
Dealing with passive "partner" in directive position

I'm somewhat of in a pinch and I'd appreciate your insight on how to solve things for the best. We've been operating like a company for about 1 year, and I say "like" because we haven't really got...

asked Oct 18 '11 at 12:00
Blank
Anonymous
6 points