Partner Questions

7 Votes
8 Answers
3.09K Views
Should give 20% of my start-up away to a high profile UX academic?

I'm in the process of registering a company for my start up. I've been developing the concept 60 hours a week for the past 6 months. I've attracted the interest of a high profile UX academic that...

asked Sep 6 '11 at 16:48
Blank
Nathan Keller
138 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.01K Views
Building First Version of a Startup Website

So, I want to start an e-commerce startup. The problem is that I'm a designer (HTML, CSS, a little bit of Javascript, Photshop, Illustrator), not a programmer. So I can build a design from scratch,...

asked Sep 1 '11 at 06:29
Blank
Funguy
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.12K Views
Leave Seed Stage Startup - Partnership Issues

My partner and I started an online service. When we formed the idea for the company, we came out strong with a lot of energy, but it seems as if my partner's priorities are now elsewhere. I'm the...

asked Sep 2 '11 at 07:41
Blank
User13096
6 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.15K Views
Having a schedule for our startup?

I'm in a partnership with my brother, we decides to do a partnership together since we live in the same house and had the same schedule. We are running our business from home right now, making...

asked Aug 12 '11 at 05:10
Blank
Edgar Miranda
230 points

1 Votes
6 Answers
3.05K Views
Divorcing A Partner Without An Operating Agreement

Here's the scenario: Myself and 2 partners have been working on a project since January. Since we are all friends (mistake number 1) we orally agreed to split the future company's equity three ways...

asked Aug 5 '11 at 01:07
Blank
Miles
130 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2K Views
Is hourly worth as a contractor the same as whatever you make at your day job?

I'm having a minor disagreement with a co-founder of a startup. At our day jobs at software companies, he's a full-time employee and makes $40 an hour. I'm an intern at a different company and...

asked Jul 29 '11 at 17:13
Blank
Numegil
111 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.15K Views
Local or remote partner, tech or non tech partner

Have any of you got experience with a remote partner, did it work out, and can you share any tips or arguments for or against working with a remote partner? I'm currently thinking about a very...

asked Jul 9 '11 at 05:13
Blank
Raw Solutions
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
4.15K Views
Paying Friend/Programmer/Developer to code Startup Website. Also give Percentage? How to keep Accountable?

I have an income and a website idea. I know nothing about programming. I have a friend who is a programmer, comp-sci major, and so to get my idea created into a website I am paying them an hourly...

asked Jun 11 '11 at 16:06
Blank
Zach
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.04K Views
Sales and Marketing Co-founder-Ivy League MBA or Industry Expert?

I am working on a software product, which is going to revolutionize a specific industry. I checked with couple of top guys in this industry and they are all impressed. It is a billion dollar...

asked May 25 '11 at 01:33
Blank
User8226
197 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.77K Views
Best Strategy for moving into the US / Canadian market from Australia

The background I represent a small Australian software developer. We have been working with our clients over here for 9 years on a product suite which is a worlds first for the targeted industry....

asked May 16 '11 at 13:14
Blank
Robin Vessey
8,394 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.05K Views
Should I search for a web developer/code business partner?

I am in the process of building a B2C online to offline based web service. The service itself is built through contracts that are established offline which are sold to consumers online. I have the...

asked May 8 '11 at 19:33
Blank
Jack
16 points

8 Votes
6 Answers
3.58K Views
Web developer in project, slow going, need advice

I was approached over a year ago by a "start up" offering me 10% in the company. I thought about it for a few days and said, "Sure, why not?". I was sucked into the dream of being a part of...

asked Apr 3 '11 at 10:22
Blank
43 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
4.32K Views
Question on Partnership + Revenue Sharing

I founded a business about a year ago, and recently decided to take it in a new direction. Same name and premise, yet slightly different business model. I founded the company as a sole...

asked Apr 8 '11 at 06:17
Blank
Christopher Stuart
16 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
What's the catch in an offer for share?

I'm a software developer and quite illiterate when it comes to business thing. Recently someone has asked me to join a company and, while the salary is not higher than what i currently earn, he...

asked Mar 23 '11 at 19:55
Blank
Rudi Adianto
138 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.18K Views
Options Paying a co-partner in an LLC

My partner and I are starting an LLC in california. We are in different financial situations, I have enough of a nest-egg to not take a salary, he does not and needs an income asap. We have also...

asked Mar 28 '11 at 13:28
Blank
Dbh21
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.95K Views
Prospective investor/partner asking for source code, what should I do?

After developing a unique software product for the past 5 years, I am looking to team up with a business developer that can get the right investment for going viral... The prospective business...

asked Mar 30 '11 at 04:08
Blank
John Sel
6 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
2.91K Views
What is the best method for me to invest money into my own startup?

All of the current investors in the startup are also employees, and we're investing equal amounts of money into the company. What is the best vehicle for this type of investment, where ownership in...

asked Feb 24 '11 at 05:31
Blank
Blueberryfields
426 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
3.31K Views
Adding Shareholder Vesting after Incorporation -- Bum Business Partner

I incorporated with a friend turned business partner, probably giving him too much of the company for the amount of work he was putting in simply because he was a friend. Since incorporation, he...

asked Jan 16 '11 at 07:37
Blank
Good Greif
236 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.61K Views
Tips on getting partners in the USA

We are a small startup located in Sweden, but our product, soon to be released is of course just as interesting in america as in Sweden. We will be looking for partnering with consulting firms...

asked Dec 27 '10 at 04:48
Blank
Fredrik Tonn
40 points

11 Votes
9 Answers
3.48K Views
How to Build a Strong Social Network for a Young Entrepreneur?

"It's Not What You Know, It's Who You Know" -Old English Proverb Having a strong social network is a Must-Have of every entrepreneur. Our friends and partners make us stronger in areas we're...

asked Dec 6 '10 at 05:51
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points