Partner Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.89K Views
What is the best way to approach a potential reseller?

I have a list of companies I want to approach, but I'm not sure what to say when I call them, or who I should be contacting within the company. Any ideas? I am in the software business.

asked Nov 25 '10 at 07:30
Blank
Stacey
484 points

8 Votes
3 Answers
2.7K Views
"One Man Startup" - Should a add people before going out looking for funding?

i've been working on a project for the last year or so and during that time 4 out of 5 partners have left, leaving only me. I've turned the project into a modest success and have now received some...

asked Oct 25 '10 at 05:49
Blank
Sherif Buzz
462 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.92K Views
Do I need a business partner?

My first post here, finally decided to stop reading and start asking :) Apologies for being long-winded, but want to make sure I explain myself. I'm a tech-guy myself, have been...

asked Sep 24 '10 at 08:20
Blank
Igorek
886 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
2.99K Views
How to convince my partners not to put too much overhead on our company

I just started a developing company. We are 4 partners. Two of us are programmers. Our start-up is slowly growing — we have a customer and few persons are interested to invest money. Now we need...

asked Sep 27 '10 at 23:57
Blank
Vikingosegundo
126 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.88K Views
Fair equity/profit split when taking on a partner?

I am about to take on a partner to develop a software prototype I built almost a year ago and I need some guidance on deciding equity/profit split. I know out of past experience that I cannot...

asked Oct 5 '10 at 01:16
Blank
Pate
306 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.31K Views
Crafting a profit sharing scenario that is easily unwound?

This stems from answers to my other question on profit/equity share when taking on a partner. Some of the answers suggested that a profit share is suitable when taking on an employee, and equity...

asked Oct 5 '10 at 18:45
Blank
Pate
306 points

11 Votes
5 Answers
3.61K Views
Started with 4 partners, equal financial investment. I've done 90% of the work, startup is now doing well and they now want a say. Please advise

I started a site with 4 friends about a year and a half ago, I'm the only technical person of the lot, we all put in an equal amount of $$$, we spent most of the first year in discussions and...

asked Oct 7 '10 at 23:22
Blank
Sherif Buzz
462 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Where to find a partner for an e-learning startup

I am an owner of popular website, devoted to services for learning of English words. This market is a very competitive, but we have small growth. I want to establish a company in the United States,...

asked Sep 22 '10 at 09:53
Blank
Nulldevice
111 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
19.4K Views
Can You Be A Partner Without Putting Up Money?

I'm running a LLC that is a spin off of another LLC. I was working for the original LLC for a year when the 2 partners decided to start the spin off LLC. I let the partners know I wanted to be...

asked Jul 21 '10 at 05:26
Blank
Anthony O
51 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
2.58K Views
What to do next for my online startup?

Ok so I've left my job, I've got a business plan, I have a blue ocean idea, I've spoken to a few industry people about the idea and they think its a good idea. I have a designed and paid a...

asked Aug 8 '10 at 23:57
Blank
Jdeleon
70 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
Talking to the head office

So as I said in my business idea. We will let users "buy" items using virtual credits, which they can earn in contests and from other activities. Again, people in the area like the idea, and some...

asked Aug 21 '10 at 22:08
Blank
Bhargav Patel
784 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.48K Views
A special form of partnership

I have discussed the following partnership model with a person who could like to become partner with my in my company. We discuss a range of scenarios that the business could run into. One of...

asked Jun 21 '10 at 05:48
Blank
David
1,567 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
Starting New School

I'm starting a new post-secondary school (college) that is project-based and the curriculum is student-centered and have definitely bit off a lot to chew. Funding and a partner would be nice....

asked Jul 7 '10 at 16:16
Blank
Ryan Chatterton
921 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.41K Views
Buying a partner out of business startup?

A friend and I have been developing an application which will be used as a startup venture. There is a considerable amount of work to be done. We have not set up any legal framework, business not...

asked Jul 12 '10 at 01:11
Blank
Geoff
13 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.53K Views
How to deal with this sensitive situation (reputation management)?

Both I and a close friend are involved in separate startups. I'll cut to the chase. I am essentially a geek, and don't like "beating about the bush", or unnecessary "hyperbole" or "hype". I know my...

asked May 19 '10 at 01:16
Blank
Morpheous
236 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
3.2K Views
How to motivate partners

Sometimes when the going gets tough, team members gets discouraged. Though we embrace failure here and eat it like lunch, some people are not confident enough in themselves to take failure...

asked Apr 22 '10 at 13:54
Blank
G Rex
683 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.61K Views
What is Required of a Microsoft Certified Partner?

The small business I work for is looking into options for obtaining MSDN licensing and I was wondering if anyone with personal experience could briefly summarize the steps and requirements in...

asked Apr 27 '10 at 13:15
Blank
Nathan Taylor
111 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
4.71K Views
A special kind of merger

I am negotiating a deal and I really need some advice on the pros and cons of the deal that has been suggested to me. I have a startup company with radically innovative technology. I want to...

asked Mar 30 '10 at 23:25
Blank
David
1,567 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.53K Views
How do you find developers that will join a new company?

Though I have come across many developers, I still cannot find where there might be a place where Senior developers who love to work in start ups can be found and who understand financial...

asked Apr 20 '10 at 05:59
Blank
Stacey
484 points

8 Votes
5 Answers
2.89K Views
Two relatives as partners

I'm trying to get started with my business idea, but I'm looking for at least one partner. I've found one, who I know vaguely, but he wants his brother in too. Although both seem competent enough,...

asked Mar 17 '10 at 05:52
Blank
User2387
111 points