Partnerships Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.64K Views
What percentage to give UI/UX designer co-founder?

This is a general question for company shares: My partner and I have an equal stake in our company. We want to bring in a designer since both of us suck at UI. We have one in mind. Since we own...

asked Jan 30 '13 at 08:53
Blank
Joe
1 point

1 Votes
5 Answers
1.95K Views
Partnering up with friends

I have a small internet marketing business that is growing nicely. I'm also a mobile developer on the side. I have a few app ideas I came up with, with a few different friends. Aside from my...

asked Feb 8 '13 at 05:14
Blank
Mnort9
201 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.57K Views
How to protect myself from uncommitted co-founders

Two of us came together to work on an idea for a web startup. We end up killing the initial product and a third person joined. A new product is built and launched. It happens that I'm the...

asked Jan 19 '13 at 12:53
Blank
Nyxynyx
193 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.19K Views
When is a business cofounder needed

I am technical founder right now of my own software startup. Right now, I'm developing the software and am seeking a business cofounder. I lack domain expertise in the various parts of the...

asked Jan 22 '13 at 06:30
Blank
Code Talk
253 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.76K Views
Looking for the right web agency partner

I've started a small web development agency in Cambridge, Uk and I'm just to busy to handle all the work load...I feel like I'm missing out on potential work and I'm starting to drop the ball in...

asked Jan 24 '13 at 09:39
Blank
Charles Marsh
3 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.8K Views
Business Entity for Partnership question, or Unincorporated Business?

I'm planning on registering for a reseller's permit and it's telling me to register for a business entity. Currently I have a friend who wants to start something with me. Is it a good idea to do...

asked Dec 27 '12 at 08:54
Blank
Andrewliu
101 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
What to consider when approaching a developer about a SaaS partnership opportunity?

First question and this is on behalf of a friend of mine. I'm a student developer, so I was hoping someone around here could provide some tangible insight. My friend is not new to starting a...

asked Dec 3 '12 at 05:20
Blank
Tom Geoco
111 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.63K Views
How to split profits for children's business?

My daughters have started a bow-making business. One daughter is the crafty bow maker. The other is the outgoing marketer selling the bows to her friends and bringing in the orders. They are having...

asked Dec 3 '12 at 07:54
Blank
Alex Geiger
16 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.42K Views
Will my ex-partner have claim over my new business?

Background: My friend and I talked about building an application, saying this is the idea, let's see if we can develop something around it. After thinking about it for a few weeks it seemed not...

asked Dec 3 '12 at 18:40
Blank
Patrick Long
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.12K Views
Co-inventor and Section 2870 of the California Labor Code

My partner and me developed a product, and the split is: I developed 97-98%, he developed the rest, the idea was conceived by both. He did his portion on his own time and equipment, and it uses...

asked Nov 21 '12 at 12:35
Blank
Aynat
111 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.5K Views
We are bootstrapping our startup, Is this a fair compensation offer?

Possible Duplicate: Forming a new software startup, how do I allocate ownership fairly? We have a team made up of four co-founders. Our equity split is: Co-founder #1 40% Co-founder #2...

asked Oct 20 '12 at 07:41
Blank
Derek
164 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
4.94K Views
How to handle partners asking to renegotiate old partnership agreements

In The beginning Around one year ago we build a software company, we needed to quit our jobs, get financing, a product, legal work, accounting work, clients and partnerships with providers. we...

asked Oct 31 '12 at 05:19
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
1.74K Views
How can you partner with a complimentary company to assure prospects that someone will be able to support them if you go out of business?

We're a small SaaS provider for child welfare agencies and even though we have been in business for five years and offer one of the most robust case management solutions, we have a problem with...

asked Oct 18 '12 at 00:26
Blank
Zasyatkin
16 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
2.73K Views
Partner (he's a Friend) Wishes to Resign from Startup Prematurely

I am seeking help in how to handle an underperforming partner / friend that is resigning from an early phase of a startup. Two friends and I began an equal partnership startup with the following...

asked Sep 6 '12 at 23:40
Blank
Daniel Moravec
36 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.76K Views
Startup Partnership Structure Help!

I'm opening a gym with a friend, but I'm putting up all the funds. We've agreed to be "partners," but I don't know how to structure the ownership plan. I've considered offering him a low initial...

asked Sep 16 '12 at 14:44
Blank
User19680
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.38K Views
Full time and self employed in UK/EU? What do I do with VAT?

For quite some time I have managed to hold a well paid full time job and in the extra time do allot of other work. These are clients that are happy to pay me cash and take the VAT hit on their...

asked Aug 18 '12 at 01:46
Blank
Willy Wonka
101 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.35K Views
To the Coders...what would you consider acceptable terms to join a new start up?

If you were approached by an idea guy (one with not much money), and lets say that the idea itself was an 8 to 10...what would you consider acceptable terms to join the start up? If you could give...

asked Aug 24 '12 at 09:57
Blank
Derek
164 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.89K Views
Public v. Private Limited Partnership in Illinois

I'm contemplating starting a LP in Illinois where I will be the general partner. I will seek to sell "units" in the LP to friends and family. The Starting Your Business in Illinois document says...

asked Aug 10 '12 at 01:05
Blank
Strimp099
106 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.21K Views
If I attend a hack-a-thon event to work on a prototype, how much ownership do I give up?

I was thinking about attending a hack-a-thon event to get help creating a prototype. I am a non technical founder and was told this route may be a good option. However, I just found out that you...

asked Jul 7 '12 at 12:13
Blank
Derek
164 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.94K Views
Need some help on profit sharing of partnership

I'm starting a small online apparel business with a good friend. But I'm having trouble finalizing the partnership agreement. It is a little complicated for me now because we are both investors and...

asked Jun 20 '12 at 00:57
Blank
Lkk
8 points