Partnerships Questions

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.31K Views
First partnership that could get us half a million users - help!

We are a startup currently building a prototype version of a software with 20 developers within the websemantics field. We are developing a really innovative tool and have already received the...

asked Jan 13 '12 at 23:28
Blank
Patrick
23 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.9K Views
How can we leverage a good design idea in the apparel space?

Some friends and I have come up with a unique design idea in the apparel space. This is NOT our core competency, but we've presented the idea publicly, and gotten extremely positive responses. I...

asked Jan 14 '12 at 09:43
Blank
Stringfellow
18 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.48K Views
I'm a part-time founder working with two full time partners. What is an appropriate equity share?

This is an update to a question I posted a few weeks ago. Help would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm a co-founder of a new startup with two other partners. We are just hammering out terms (equity...

asked Jan 6 '12 at 11:22
Blank
Local79
21 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.15K Views
How can this be an equal partnership?

I have a business.I met someone for a completely different reason, but we got along so well and we eventually started talking about starting another business (like the one I already have,but as...

asked Dec 20 '11 at 00:37
Blank
Entrep1
6 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
5.16K Views
Is 50/50 partnership in an LLC a good idea when partner has idea and money?

I have seen similar questions, but am curious if this seems like a fair arrangement. Partner and I have already started a 50/50 split LLC. Myself: Technical vision, skills, no capital investment...

asked Dec 20 '11 at 03:51
Blank
Maple Shaft
323 points

-1 Votes
4 Answers
1.9K Views
Is this the wrong way to go about creating a startup

I'm tech side; he's business side. We're about 3-4 months in, and he works full time (closer to 50 hours a week) at another job. I'm a full-time student. I asked my business partner when he was...

asked Dec 8 '11 at 10:49
Blank
Yo Kitty
2 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
1.9K Views
Approaching big corps for partnerships

I've created a series of mobile games that could be effectively re-branded with products of large corporations. I'm an independent developer and already have a generic one being sold and can use it...

asked Nov 24 '11 at 07:39
Blank
Old Mc Stopher
135 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.85K Views
Consulting on work related to future planned product

We recently approached a large company with a proposal to build them an application we thought they'd find useful. The idea is that they'd partner with us to get it developed and get unlimited...

asked Nov 24 '11 at 13:18
Blank
Terry B
121 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
5.26K Views
Allocating equity - equal cash investment - unequal time investment

I am getting involved in a small start up - we have been discussing (3 partners) this for a few months and now is time to get everything settled. We originally discussed a certain time allocation...

asked Nov 24 '11 at 20:53
Blank
Goldenone
21 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.05K Views
How do I find good developers to join a start-up on a low-budget

Im located in Minneapolis,Mn. Im starting up an online business here in U.S with market focus in Africa.Im building an e-commerce (auction) site for the growing African savvy internet users. I am...

asked Nov 27 '11 at 17:43
Blank
Onu Kaycee F
21 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
What is the compensation for time/technical expertise other than equity in a start-up?

I am an Audiologist and have started a couple of clinics with a friend. He already owns a full-time clinic and now we have started two visiting sites of that permanent site. I have left my job and...

asked Nov 29 '11 at 02:08
Blank
Ash Sahni
11 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.34K Views
Where to find coders interested in a seeded start-up based in Italy?

We are 3 partners and friends based in Milan, Italy, who started a crowdsourcing site which allows academics to work on short-term assignments. We launched in March of this year, and managed to...

asked Dec 1 '11 at 19:06
Blank
User1073693
11 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
9.76K Views
How to take a draw in a multi-member LLC?

My business partner and I are forming an LLC. As I understand, members of an LLC are not employees and therefore are not on payroll. Instead they pay themselves by taking a draw from the LLC...

asked Nov 20 '11 at 03:41
Blank
Sheehan Alam
194 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
2.56K Views
Role of Business Partner While Developer is Developing

So... in a startup... im the techie/developer of the business, my partner is the business side. While, I'm developing this elaborate application... what should he be doing? What do business people...

asked Nov 5 '11 at 10:52
Blank
Meow
56 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.32K Views
How to split up LLC ownership?

My friend and I are planning on forming an LLC around some services we are providing. I am working fulltime on our services and started the initial work 6 months in advance My partner has a...

asked Nov 6 '11 at 11:55
Blank
Sheehan Alam
194 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.87K Views
Splitting up revenue

My partner and I decided to split up a partnership (things just weren't working out between us). We have some apps on the market that are still generating revenue, we decided the best thing to do...

asked Nov 4 '11 at 05:31
Blank
Edgar Miranda
230 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
Dealing with passive "partner" in directive position

I'm somewhat of in a pinch and I'd appreciate your insight on how to solve things for the best. We've been operating like a company for about 1 year, and I say "like" because we haven't really got...

asked Oct 18 '11 at 12:00
Blank
Anonymous
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.4K Views
Splitting up a partnership

I been running a startup as a partnership since April of this year, my partner and I have slowly but surely gotten to the point where we can not work together anymore. I believe if we continue to...

asked Oct 19 '11 at 07:59
Blank
User13909
15 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.9K Views
Is sleeping partner considered as investor?

My partner and i are from different countries (1) My partner will fund the startup idea (2) I will be the working partner and the idea will be executed in my home country Please give your advice...

asked Oct 6 '11 at 02:06
Blank
Bt001
11 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.01K Views
When/How Often Do Startups Join Together?

I asked this on my blog, but then realized this would be a good forum for discussions so am asking here as well: How Often Do Startups Join Together? In talking to and mentoring dozens of startups...

asked Oct 6 '11 at 08:57
Blank
Tig
204 points