Payments Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.17K Views
Best offshore merchant account

What is a good options for an offshore merchant account? I'm not located in the US where it is easy to get a good merchant account, do you know of any good options in offshore locations? The...

asked Feb 6 '10 at 13:31
Blank
Rob
151 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
11.2K Views
How do I invoice Canadian customer from US?

I have US company and all of my customers so far here in US. I send monthly bill and get a check. No CC processing fees, etc. Now I have some Canadian prospects. How can I bill them? Should I...

asked Sep 30 '12 at 09:10
Blank
Katit
276 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
5.85K Views
Looking for payment system with licensing (key delivering) for .NET software

I developed .NET application and planning to sell it on monthly/yearly subscription plans. At first I found that Plimus has licensing system and everything else that I need, but when I finally...

asked Jun 24 '11 at 23:59
Blank
Miki22
31 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
4.63K Views
Subscription billing for a B2B SaaS

I understand I can either go with a combination of: Payment Gateway (ex: Authorize.net) and Subscription management service (Spreedly, Cheddargettar) or go with one solution that provides both...

asked Mar 29 '12 at 01:27
Blank
User3462
345 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.65K Views
Should you show more then one payment durations on SaaS checkout pages?

On my SaaS app, I currently only have a recurring monthly option.Should I also add yearly and quarterly payment options (and offer customers a small discount if they pick one of those)?One clear...

asked Sep 3 '14 at 20:28
Blank
Joyce Mc Clellan
9 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.81K Views
Picking a payment processor? Stripe, BrainTree, vs Paypal?

We are building a SaaS app which will have a recurring payment model. Exploring to see which payment processor is best for our needs.Our only requirement is to be able to transact the whole thing...

asked Jun 11 '15 at 19:44
Blank
Katherine Harrison
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.34K Views
Should startups accept Bitcoins as a payment method?

What are some pros and cons for Saas startups to accept Bitcoin as an optional payment method?Also, is there something as easy to integrate as Stripe for accepting Bitcoins?

asked Apr 16 '14 at 17:59
Blank
Charles Hostetler
2 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.46K Views
SaaS billing tax: is a billing address enough?

so I have a startup that provides an online SaaS solution. We are not shipping any items, so payments do not require a shipping address. For collecting taxes in the states that my company has...

asked Nov 9 '13 at 07:02
Blank
Stuntman Mike
16 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
Is using BrainTree in this manner PCI-compliant?

According to the instructions on BrainTree's website, in order to integrate their payment solution with my Python application, all I need to do is: Sign Up Server Side Integration Client Side...

asked Nov 26 '13 at 16:44
Blank
Nathan Osman
103 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.85K Views
Holding company and payments

I have a holding company which owns 100% of two LTD companies let's just call them A and B If I was to be paid from a company say ABC for work carried out by my company A does my company A have to...

asked Oct 8 '13 at 06:12
Blank
User28188
8 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.01K Views
Saas Startup in India

We are currently in design stage for a SaaS product aiming at Indian market. Our initial (fairly local) market survey suggests that there is a demand for this product. The desktop version of this...

asked Oct 18 '13 at 20:03
Blank
User25018
109 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.99K Views
How to handle payments for pay-as-you-go?

My startup is a marketplace for compute time (a crowd-sourced alternative to Amazon EC2/Web Services), where buyers can rent computer time via the internet by the hour. Ideally I'd like to...

asked Sep 17 '13 at 02:54
Blank
Steve
310 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.89K Views
As a Japanese company, how to make payments from foreign countries easier?

Foreign customers wanting to buy my product have to engage in overcomplex procedures to send money to my company's Japanese bank: Even though seemingly based on SWIFT, it involves extra steps like...

asked Sep 25 '13 at 13:36
Blank
Nic
173 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.17K Views
Dealing with missed/overdue payments for add-ons

We are building a SaaS product where there will be some plans to subscribe to. In addition to subscribing, the user can also buy some add-ons for more functionality. Since these add-ons do not...

asked Aug 28 '13 at 13:36
Blank
F21
142 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.36K Views
When to create the business entity?

If I'm moonlighting and building the product at night and on weekends - at what point does it make sense to establish a business entity (e.g. LLC, Inc, etc)? Would this make sense to only happen...

asked Aug 13 '13 at 22:23
Blank
Code Talk
253 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.29K Views
Take donations as payment for software license keys

I was wondering if it is legal to offer a free software with limitations, then offer to give different license keys for donations. In this case, it is a software for file uploads to different...

asked Aug 16 '13 at 21:24
Blank
Sarah Crane
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
Consulting company based in US accepting payment from European clients?

I have a consulting company and want to start accepting payments from European clients. The charges will usually be around 6,000 dollars. I feel like there should be a better way instead of doing a...

asked Jul 27 '13 at 07:00
Blank
Aconsulting
1 point

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.39K Views
How do I deal with taxes for foreign (outside of the company's base) on an Internet Services company?

I'm creating a website that will charge users for a online service that is usable anywhere in the world, as an example think of Google Docs. As I understand it I will pay tax revenues based on the...

asked Jul 27 '13 at 14:21
Blank
Dylan
121 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.26K Views
How do I handle user payments with regards to banking?

I'm a college student who's about to launch a small web startup with my cofounder. The business plan is a freemium model where we'll be collecting small payments from users for use of the site. We...

asked Aug 10 '13 at 11:47
Blank
Kiljore Trout
11 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
5.9K Views
Client asking for source code

I am an online software developer who does freelancing through an online portal. I started this last year but achieved success only this year. I found a very good client who said he has a job chain...

asked Jul 21 '13 at 03:22
Blank
Super Nova
138 points