Payments Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
E-commerce and electronic payment laws. Where can I read them?

As the title says I need to read e-commerce and e-payment related laws of the following countries: Canada, USA, European Union, Philipinnes, South Korea, UK, China. Links are appreciated? My...

asked Nov 25 '11 at 21:04
Blank
Asterisk
116 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
Are merchant accounts necessary?

Are merchant accounts necessary? Can some other bank services be used when charging clients while still being professional? I'm thinking of using wire transfers or maybe PayPal. Can PayPal or...

asked Nov 30 '11 at 12:07
Blank
Sergio Alvarez
46 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.38K Views
Receive one-time payments without credit card or paypal

My company takes payments via credit card and Paypal, but occasionally we have international customers who do not have a credit card (or debit card with Visa or Mastercard logo) and do not have a...

asked Nov 30 '11 at 17:53
Blank
Bkparikh
610 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.04K Views
What is the best way to facilitate payouts to users bank accounts?

What is the best way to facilitate payouts to user bank accounts? After checking with my local bank wire-transfers are $25 each and can't be triggered programmatically. Where else should I explore...

asked Nov 16 '11 at 06:34
Blank
User1305
101 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.57K Views
Getting Paid in Equity - what is the simplest way to structure payment for consulting work in equity?

I'm opening a small start-up consulting business and would prefer to be paid in equity. It's unusual, I know, but it's my preference. What is the simplest way to structure an equity-pay...

asked Nov 17 '11 at 04:01
Blank
Justin
11 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.2K Views
Is a good strategy to start with a free service and then charge for the service?

I'm building a startup of P2P model that will work with a payment gateway. But I have a problem with that, in my country the formalities to have a payment gateway are very slow (take about two...

asked Nov 20 '11 at 09:40
Blank
Eberto
6 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
3.13K Views
How do I respond to client asking for retainer back?

After deciding on a list of requirements with a client and agreeing on a price, the client sent me 50% of the total before work was started, and we agreed the remaining was to be paid at...

asked Nov 9 '11 at 07:09
Blank
Nute
143 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.01K Views
Is it alright to ask for payment for a website when it is done, but before client supplies text/images

We make websites and have frequently been in a situation where a site is finished, but the development is dragged on for another month because the client can't find the time to provide the site...

asked Nov 10 '11 at 23:40
Blank
Mirov
384 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
6.33K Views
What are the ways to sell desktop applications

I'm figuring the ways to sell software online. I want a service that is easy to use. PayPal is good, but I'm not sure if most of the people have PayPal. Also Fortumo is a good service, it works in...

asked Nov 2 '11 at 21:51
Blank
Blez
126 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.64K Views
Are there any eligibility criteria for accepting paypal donations?

I'm an individual from Singapore currently offering free access to a web application and I'd like to accept donations to support it. Are there any eligibility criteria to accept PayPal donations?

asked Oct 18 '11 at 12:32
Blank
Moe Sweet
141 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.07K Views
Payment solutions for the UK

I'm struggling to find a payment solution for my UK based startup. I don't intend to sell internationally for a considerable amount of time. I do have a turnover and can probably satisfy merchant...

asked Oct 18 '11 at 18:47
Blank
Neil
125 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.94K Views
SaaS ERP paying options

What do you think of the following business model for SaaS ERP: GIVE FREE ACCESS FOR 2 users (or so) per organization and charge for additional users.Thanks Martin

asked Oct 11 '11 at 18:45
Blank
Martin
1 point

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.07K Views
List of Online Shop Software closely tied to Paypal

i want to gather a list of online shop software that is closely tied to paypal. I've seen a piece of software that provides you with a cool interface where you can add your products and then...

asked Oct 2 '11 at 02:20
Blank
Herr K
292 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.65K Views
How do sellers get paid online?

If I'm setting up a system where people can sell stuff online. I'm planning on having my own merchant account and setting up my own payment system. The problem I ran into is how to I send money...

asked Sep 16 '11 at 09:03
Blank
Shawn Mclean
220 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.94K Views
What is the smoothest solution you've seen for small payments?

We have a site where visitors can pay 99 cents for a service. It would be cool if the user experience were similar to iTunes: the user clicks one button, doesn't have to type in credit card info,...

asked Sep 18 '11 at 02:18
Blank
Blueyellow
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.49K Views
Payment systems for sites like ebay

I'm building an item mediator portal, something like ebay where people can sell stuff and other people buy it. What payment gateway or systems out there to use that does this? What I want to do is...

asked Sep 9 '11 at 03:26
Blank
Shawn Mclean
220 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.16K Views
Collection: How to deal with a client who is going to dodge payment in Internet-based business?

I am a business translator and sourcing agent in Hangzhou, China. Recently a British businessman found me on the Internet and inquired about my service. He agreed on my service charge and I worked...

asked Sep 13 '11 at 11:00
Blank
Steven
1 point

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.94K Views
How possible is it for someone to send a cheque over post right to my address?

I'm not knowledgeable about business stuffs, legal stuff, and so on. But I was trying to understand, A) how possible is it for someone from another "developed" country to mail a cheque directly to...

asked Aug 31 '11 at 10:03
Blank
Pacerier
317 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
3.34K Views
Supplier not sent goods, now ignoring emails

I have a new retail startup selling electronics. I have a problem with a supplier that has sent some goods, but not all. The situation is as follows: Sent initial purchase order on June 7, a total...

asked Aug 23 '11 at 01:15
Blank
James
123 points

4 Votes
7 Answers
4.1K Views
Looking to hire good freelancers - looking for original ways for paying them?

I am building a small startup. We haven't raised any money yet, and we're in the stage where we need the help of some very talented free lancers (mostly graphic designers). The prices they are...

asked Aug 23 '11 at 14:46
Blank
Vondip
584 points