Pitch Questions

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.34K Views
How can a first time entrepreneur pitch himself to an investor?

The founding/management team is one of the critical areas investors look at in a startup. Usually the team is more important than the idea/product. Investors like to see a proven track record of...

asked Jan 12 '13 at 06:56
Blank
Zuly Gonzalez
9,194 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.09K Views
How to expose my startup to seed investors instead of cold calling them?

How can I expose my startup to seed and angel investors instead of cold calling them? Is there any way to get feedback from them? In Silicon Valley or other major startup scenes.

asked Dec 1 '12 at 09:46
Blank
John S
184 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.93K Views
How to build personal credibility

Me and one of my fellow liked an idea. He said if I need investment for that start up, I will be happy to make. But that was more like a coffee table discussion which lasted for an hour. I think I...

asked Nov 13 '12 at 06:50
Blank
Sourabh
288 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
4.48K Views
How to Research and Determine Total Available Market (TAM) and Serviceable Available Market (SAM)

I'm working on the executive summary for my website idea and need to figure out the total market capitalization for the this industry. For example, if all the yearly advertising (and other)...

asked Oct 21 '12 at 11:42
Blank
User19815
1 point

7 Votes
4 Answers
3.45K Views
What are the elements of a one line pitch?

I've been trying to put together a one line pitch for days. Either my startup sounds too complicated or too simple. People automatically compare my startup to other websites.

asked Sep 28 '12 at 00:48
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Advice for pitching an idea for an app

Me and a friend of mine are presenting an app idea because we don't have the development assets to make it ourselves. Do you have any advice before I do this? I would love to see it developed but I...

asked Aug 15 '12 at 15:35
Blank
Beachrunnerjoe
319 points

-1 Votes
3 Answers
2.52K Views
How to get funding without a plan?

I really don't have a "plan" right now, but have been offered a meeting to pitch to an entrepreneur that has already sold at least two companies they founded each for over 100 million. They know I...

asked Aug 4 '12 at 05:26
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.64K Views
Pitching an e-learning solution

everyone. I've made it to the second round of a business competition and now need to pitch an e-Learning concept to a panel of judges in order to secure funding. The idea is fairly unique and...

asked May 30 '12 at 10:45
Blank
Methuselah
105 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
2.64K Views
Is it normal to have 0 signups after pitching a startup to dozens of journalists?

I've sent concise pitches about my startup (general, and for various features) to around 20 tech journalists from tech blogs/sites (Mashable, Techcrunch, TNW, RRW, Lifehacker, Venturebeat, etc.),...

asked May 19 '12 at 00:43
Blank
Bozho
155 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.81K Views
B2B or B2C, How should I represent my startup in VC pitch

My web application offers subscription service to both individuals and groups. The subscription is per user basis. Most purchasers will buy on behalf of his company (individual or group). When...

asked Apr 30 '12 at 14:32
Blank
New Tothe Game
8 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
Going to be on national television to pitch my software - Need Advice

This Thursday I will be filming for a Canadian TV show where I will be pitching my software to 5 Canadian millionaires to invest in. The TV show won't air until September. The software is...

asked Apr 11 '12 at 07:51
Blank
Mike
11 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.27K Views
What is a reasonable amount to ask to investors?

I asked a question about this before, but things have changed. I developed software for basketball and football teams. I have sold 32 copies @ $20 each doing virtually nothing. I wrote a few...

asked Apr 12 '12 at 03:40
Blank
Mike
11 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.02K Views
Pitch Deck - Financial Projections for an Internet Startup

I'm building a pitch deck for an internet startup. I've read other financial projections and pro-formas which have quite irrelevant accounting. Our main expenses are simply server costs --...

asked Apr 13 '12 at 10:53
Blank
Delos Chang
101 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.6K Views
Should I pitch on This Week in Startups when we aren't yet ready to launch?

After two years of development, our start-up is pre-beta and in an incubator. We have the chance to pitch on This Week in Startups, but I am concerned about too much publicity from potential...

asked Mar 15 '12 at 15:55
Blank
Laramie
192 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.76K Views
Small Company's time to shine

For more background on my company, see the question entitled: "A “competitive edge” for an offshore development company?" We have landed a meeting (scheduled for about 5 days from now) with a very...

asked Feb 3 '12 at 01:48
Blank
Davey Boy
55 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.09K Views
Will a VC review a printed copy of my deck?

I am using PowerPoint to create our deck. I believe I can make use of a few advanced PowerPoint features (like animations) to provide a more robust presentation. However, if the VC reviews a...

asked Feb 7 '12 at 06:24
Blank
Steve Jones
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.18K Views
Is there a difference between pitching as a social entrepreneur?

I know the difference between a social entrepreneur and an entrepreneur, however if those two pitch to someone for a deal, do they say something different? Specifically in my case I am a social...

asked Feb 8 '12 at 03:50
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.53K Views
What shall I do at a business lunch?

I've made a proposal to a prospect and he suggested we have a 'business lunch' and eventually continue afterwords in their office. How should I prepare for it? Any DOes and DONTs? P.S. This is...

asked Jan 27 '12 at 06:35
Blank
Simpatico
198 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
5.48K Views
How to sell idea to schools

I have an app idea that I'm working on to help school kids with bullying. I discussed this with a local vice principal and he liked the idea. I'm a developer and am learning to develop mobile apps,...

asked Dec 31 '11 at 03:02
Blank
Will
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.49K Views
how to pitch design as a competitive advantage

I'm building software for corporate customers and the space I'm in has several established competitors. Luckily, their design simply sucks. Think of the difference between using a smartphone circa...

asked Dec 21 '11 at 18:20
Blank
Frenchie
4,166 points