Pitch Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.96K Views
How did Twitter/Quora persuade investors as they didnt/dont have a business model?

I wonder, how did Quora persuaded their investors as they don't make revenue and even they don't have any revenue model as far as I know. The question is same again for twitter ( I know they sell...

asked Dec 27 '11 at 15:54
Blank
To Rr0t
69 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
1.67K Views
What to put in to a company pitch?

We have a project we've been working on as a side project (Web based education and training application) for a few months as more of a hobby than anything. Recently we were approached by someone...

asked Dec 1 '11 at 18:11
Blank
Cubed Eye
150 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.49K Views
Pitch Video for Accelerator

My partner and I are considering applying to an accelerator program in NYC. The application asks for two pitch videos, one about the business and one about the team. Just wondering what these...

asked Oct 30 '11 at 23:27
Blank
D Moore
174 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.14K Views
What would be the correct way of asking potential customers whether they need/like the product?

Being tired of doing stuff that turned out to be far from what users actually need, I think now it's time to ask potential users first (think lean startup mantra) before doing anything. The idea...

asked Oct 31 '11 at 17:52
Blank
Anton Gogolev
136 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.6K Views
Do I bring the Business Angel to the VC-Pitch?

Would it be wise to bring our Angel to the VC-pitch? The Angel would make a good impression. He is definetely better at pitching than everyone in the team. But what impression would it make, if...

asked Oct 31 '11 at 21:45
Blank
Tim
16 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.32K Views
What questions can I expect from investors when pitching them my idea, and where can I find the resources for those answers?

I've just applied to Y Combinator and was wondering what kind of questions I might be asked and where/how I should research to know the answers.

asked Oct 17 '11 at 11:11
Blank
Dan
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
What's a good [Dragons Den] pitching model?

Would-be start-up's pitching to VCs (at least, on Dragons Den) need to offer a % of their business, in exchange for an agreed amount of up-front capital & (sometimes) a bit of business...

asked Sep 6 '11 at 11:56
Blank
Ivi
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.42K Views
How you look at all variables of a business case and decide if it's 'worth it'?

Given a business case with even a modest 20-30 variables/dimensions on which one would base the case, how does anyone going over it decide whether it is 'worth it'? I mean if looking at a business...

asked Sep 11 '11 at 03:31
Blank
Ph D
422 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.9K Views
Should one join local pitch programme, which will be aired on national TV?

It's something new. There is this reality tv show coming up, for candidates to pitch their ideas to a panel of judges, then get funded. The whole process will be aired in national TV several months...

asked Jul 25 '11 at 20:34
Blank
Victor
593 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
What to focus on when pitching, product or underlying platform?

I'm working on launching a startup based on a new computing platform developed by my co-founders. The platform itself is very powerful and flexible, and we envision it being used as a foundation...

asked Aug 1 '11 at 18:56
Blank
Berislav Lopac
111 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
4.72K Views
Guide on writing a good business plan for a technology startup

I'm looking for advice on writing a business plan for a VC or Angel investor in the technology field. What are they looking for in a business plan/pitch? There are some good basic guides on...

asked Jul 4 '11 at 08:37
Blank
Hisnameisjimmy
126 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.25K Views
Should VC pitch be in 2nd person or 3rd person?

Should business ideas pitched to venture capitalists be narrated in 2nd person or 3rd person? One does not actually sell the product/service to the VC, but in a sense it does "sell" the whole...

asked Jul 6 '11 at 02:34
Blank
Peter Knego
103 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.58K Views
I have an idea for a radically different business model for a VERY longstanding, almost universally used service

I am still paying on my college loans, have a child going to a private university on partial scholarship in the fall, not great credit, low disposable income, a happy marriage, very rewarding...

asked May 7 '11 at 12:51
Blank
Teachermom
11 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.28K Views
How do you start your cold call pitch? What has worked for you?

How do you start your cold call pitch? What has worked for you? Do you go straight into the product asking if they're interested? Or Do you get personal and ask them how they're doing. Let me...

asked May 1 '11 at 10:27
Blank
Andy
81 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.34K Views
Pitching and Pitch Prep

My startup just was selected as a semifinalist in a local state-run business plan competition. I'm very excited about this, the first prize is pretty decent and would really provide some help with...

asked Apr 19 '11 at 11:43
Blank
Nick
1,171 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.7K Views
How to present and sell a business/product (one in the same) to potential buyer (bigger company) without risking them stealing my idea?

I have developed my product completely, and have built a business for the product to be able to take to market. The product is unlike anything else on the market as of now and in my opinion would...

asked Apr 23 '11 at 06:07
Blank
User9915
16 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.5K Views
What questions should a company expect from investors after a pitch competition?

The Northwest Entrepreneur Network's First Look Forum finale is a pitch competition followed by networking. During the competition, companies give a 5-minute presentation covering the basics:...

asked Apr 24 '11 at 02:33
Blank
Jon Pincus
52 points

8 Votes
3 Answers
5.82K Views
Building Pitch Deck - Financial Projections and Metrics

I'm trying to understand how much info about projections I need to put on the pitch deck. I'm assuming investors don't want all the detail... just the high level numbers (revenue, profit, growth)....

asked Apr 6 '11 at 11:23
Blank
Nick
1,171 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
Is it ok to present a different pitch deck than I emailed?

I just finished a pitch deck (11 slides, with 25 slide appendix), knowing that I'll often be emailing the deck to investors to read. So it's mostly text. I'm pretty sure that if I present at a live...

asked Apr 7 '11 at 10:28
Blank
Ryan B
86 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.63K Views
Financial model examples for downloadable content subscriptions

We're preparing a pitch deck for our startup which looks to partly make money from downloadable content. We'd like to add a subscription model for the content, and we are looking for examples of...

asked Dec 7 '10 at 01:50
Blank
B20000
126 points