Press Release Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.36K Views
Is any press good press for a startup?

If a startup were to get some questionable press in the media, would it still be considered a good marketing strategy? Granted that negative press might tarnish a large company's brand. But...

asked May 14 '14 at 12:43
Blank
Thomas Becker
7 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.82K Views
Are PR distribution services worth the money?

I'm thinking of doing a press release (with a unique spin on it, not just announcing the launch of the startup) with a PR distribution service like PRWeb. Is the worth the money? If you've used it...

asked Apr 3 '14 at 09:55
Blank
John Grant
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.34K Views
How should a press release be written?

I uploaded my brand new physics 2D game to the playstore a few days ago, and have had a substantial amount of downloads per day so far. I think it has great potential and people like that kind of...

asked Jan 8 '13 at 23:18
Blank
Florent Valdelievre
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
Should I include a coupon code with my app review submission?

I will be submitting my Android app to bloggers and review sites very soon. My app has two editions: a 30-day free "trial" version, and a paid "pro" version. I've created coupon codes that unlock...

asked Dec 25 '12 at 07:34
Blank
Barry Fruitman
119 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.91K Views
Is there a "magic number" of stores to have prior to launch?

I have started a service that allows liquor stores to show their products and pricing on my website, giving them full control of their profile, etc. The idea is that users will go on the site and...

asked Jul 11 '12 at 09:25
Blank
User6528
149 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.42K Views
Startup "Press Release" months before alpha/beta product available

So I am currently developing a web project with is SaaS, I'm committed to the project, but in order to judge the market while I work on it I was considering doing a some blogs post about the...

asked Oct 22 '11 at 10:04
Blank
E Wizard Ii
150 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.2K Views
Snail Mail Press Release

We just released a Press Release that was a flop. I've been trying to figure out what that is, especially compared to the Press Release I sent out 10 years ago for a physical product I invented; I...

asked Aug 8 '11 at 00:23
Blank
Slandau
203 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
How do you get newspapers, magazines or news websites to talk about your product so that you can put "As Seen In" links on your site?

So many web 2.0 type sites these days have a "As Seen In" or "Featured In" section on their website. Does anyone know what the best approach to achieving this kind of PR is?

asked Jun 14 '11 at 03:11
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.5K Views
Are press release distribution sites such as PRWeb or MarketWire worth paying for?

Possible Duplicate: Is it worth using a press release distribution service? From either an SEO standpoint, or an exposure/PR standpoint, are press release distribution sites such as PRWeb or...

asked Jun 15 '11 at 09:12
Blank
Mike
252 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.17K Views
How do you do a press release?

In a given sector (makers of instruments used in medical procedures in my case), how do you do a press release? And who to? Do you make it only to 'the press' i.e. trade magazines, or to companies...

asked Jun 2 '11 at 08:18
Blank
John
173 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
"Go Live" event?

What would you recommend a B2B startup do for a go-live event? We've been in open beta for the last 2 months and January, if all goes well, is our planned "Live" month. What would be the things to...

asked Jan 1 '11 at 02:28
Blank
Igorek
886 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.56K Views
Is This a Right Time To Submit a Press Release?

I will be submitting a press release to PR Web for a new startup in order for it to gain some exposure. I've heard that having a press release be available on a Monday is one of the key times to...

asked Nov 24 '10 at 03:14
Blank
Mlocke97
48 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.1K Views
PR questions for Trent Freeman, president of PRTechConnect

Pat and I are interviewing Trent Freeman, president of PRTechConnect, a new PR firm specializing in startups, with startup-level pricing on April 12th for the Startup Success Podcast. What...

asked Apr 3 '10 at 03:43
Blank
Bob Walsh
2,620 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
4.12K Views
How much should I expect to pay for a PR service and can you recommend one?

I'd like to publish a Press Release for my language Q&A site. How much should I expect to pay for a PR service and can you recommend one ? Should I only pay for distribution and get the...

asked Feb 18 '10 at 01:23
Blank
Olivier Lalonde
2,753 points