Prices Questions

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.53K Views
is it all about how much sales you will make?

In the beginning of our online retail shop, we always have many thinkings about how much profit will we make per item that we sell in our online shop. But by the time, after 2 years, we ran the...

asked Apr 22 '13 at 01:47
Blank
Kalingga
245 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.1K Views
How to deal with client's expectations on the price of services?

My partner and I have started our own company a few months ago and things are going okay. One of the main problems we're facing is that we're having a hard time communicating the price of our...

asked Dec 19 '12 at 05:57
Blank
Gazillion
121 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
How to make an offer?

Assume that you are a custom app seller. You get your customers, on all kind of opportunities like events, blind mails, viral marketing. When you are at the customer you present your...

asked Jul 25 '12 at 16:58
Blank
Maximus M
136 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
4.16K Views
Domain name for startup taken by a broker, should we buy it before we've built a business around our name?

I'm launching a new project/company, upon which we've decided on a name that we really like. We're planning to first target the UK, before expanding worldwide. Unfortunately (and annoyingly), the...

asked Jul 5 '12 at 18:14
Blank
Anonymous
557 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.38K Views
what's a fair amount to charge to build and maintain a web site for a small clothing boutique?

I'm a professional programmer. I've been asked to visit the owner of a small downtown clothing boutique because she wants a "web presence". Probably just a simple place holder web site with their...

asked Mar 27 '12 at 23:45
Blank
User11476
141 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.35K Views
How to calculate prices of my service based on Amazon Ec2 prices?

I'm going to provide some service for media content management. I will use Ec2 instances for service hosting. So, what are reasonable margins to Ec2 prices? What guides exist for such a matter? I...

asked Aug 9 '11 at 04:56
Blank
Alehro
113 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.76K Views
What would you charge for this app?

We are in talks with our first app-development client, who are first-time app-development customers and have done no research on custom app pricing or gotten other bids. It's been a bit of a...

asked May 7 '11 at 11:33
Blank
User9306
13 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.77K Views
Does anyone know where to get price data for older comics?

I run a tiny startup that lets you organize and track info about your comic book collection. I would like to add price data to the comics in the database. I think this would be a great feature for...

asked Jul 20 '10 at 01:59
Blank
Donny V
141 points

1 Votes
7 Answers
8.12K Views
How to tell a customer the price of my service

Many customers call me or email me to ask me about my rate. They often ask, "What is the best rate?" After I tell them my rate, they don't contact me any more. They virtually disappear. How should...

asked Aug 11 '10 at 00:12
Blank
Steven
1 point

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Webdesign business, show price or not?

We are webdesigners, and we sell websites, we are about to renew are website. Would you suggest to show some prices on our website or not? I mean stuff like like: "we sell 2/3 pages static website...

asked Apr 26 '10 at 02:21
Blank
Marco Demaio
175 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
5.42K Views
Agency consulting: Hourly vs. Fixed bids

We currently do all our work with the hourly model, charging $X/hr. $X is the same for all types of work: graphic design, print layout, website design & development, SEO, etc. But, as we are...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 08:19
Blank
Marcus Blankenship
376 points