Pricing Questions

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.14K Views
Proposal Presentation: Proposal Before or During?

For complex and relatively high-dollar sales (five to six figures), it's a common practice to present the final cost in the form of a proposal, and to present that proposal in person, instead of...

asked Mar 26 '10 at 13:50
Blank
Alex Papadimoulis
5,901 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.56K Views
Pricing of a feature/product

I recently quit a big MNC to start off on my own. I have built a B2B(Business-to-Business) product but not figured out how to price it. Please tell me if my approach is right. I was earning...

asked Feb 24 '10 at 16:56
Blank
Viv
482 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
8.16K Views
How to calculate the price to quote for a service?

Is there a logical way to come up with pricing for a service such as below that my friend came up with. Are these valid ? Split down the service into as many small steps as possible. Make sure to...

asked Feb 5 '10 at 01:14
Blank
Emacsian
126 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.28K Views
Where is the Price Point of Indifference for SMBs with a Web Presence?

Internally at our startup, there's a lot of belief that at some price between $15-$35/month, small-medium businesses are both: A) Much more likely to convert and try a SaaS product B) Much less...

asked Feb 7 '10 at 04:26
Blank
Randfish
1,001 points

9 Votes
10 Answers
5.11K Views
To Freemium or not to Freemium?

There are numerous examples of SaaS products stuck with lots of users and few paying customers. The common advice is not to give away too much in the free plan and always be upselling. The best...

asked Feb 9 '10 at 07:08
Blank
Ashmaurya
140 points

11 Votes
7 Answers
3.34K Views
How do you raise price?

This is follow-up to my previous question. Inspired by the answers, we did a quick customer survey. We asked the standard question "would you recommend our service to a friend?" and "what is the...

asked Feb 1 '10 at 02:23
Blank
Tambet
215 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.01K Views
How to assess the potential value of a website before its formal release

I have developed a website and now it is under internal testing. What does my website do? On the one hand, if you want someone to do something for you, you can use my website, and you need to pay...

asked Jan 13 '10 at 12:16
Blank
Steven
1 point

4 Votes
6 Answers
2.77K Views
How can I encourage big customers to pay more for my product?

What strategies do you use to offer a range of prices, while encouraging big customers to pay more? I offer a range of prices with different restrictions. I didn't want to exclude individuals, but...

asked Jan 18 '10 at 02:18
Blank
Steve Hanov
596 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
3.57K Views
Subscription Pricing Starting Strategy: start high and lower, or start low and raise?

With a subscription based web application aimed at businesses: Is it better to set the initial price at the high end of what you expect people would pay and lower it if it becomes necessary, or...

asked Dec 21 '09 at 17:55
Blank
Daemin
323 points

8 Votes
5 Answers
2.78K Views
How best to deal with a rising Canadian dollar value for a software company?

My software company is in Canada. We sell our software for download from our web-site. Most of our sales are made in the US, though we do about %25 of our business in Canada and Europe. We sell our...

asked Dec 24 '09 at 04:18
Blank
Joshua Knauer
43 points

8 Votes
13 Answers
4.55K Views
Know any large/public software companies that are using freemium?

I'm trying to find examples of large software companies that have used freemium (whereby there is a free product with a paid upgrade to a premium product). Anyone know of any companies that either...

asked Dec 28 '09 at 04:02
Blank
Dharmesh Shah
2,865 points

11 Votes
6 Answers
4.9K Views
Does charging less than your competitor make your product look inferior?

Our monthly subscription is 30% less than our competitors. We also do not charge a set up fee, whereas, most of our competitors charge $400-600. I think our product is "as good" or better than any...

asked Jan 3 '10 at 12:24
Blank
Sparagi
346 points

5 Votes
7 Answers
4.01K Views
Price quote for enterprise customer

We got a quote request from a reseller for one of their customers for about a 100 licenses of our software with 4 years of support. What is the a good way of structuring this quote without...

asked Jan 3 '10 at 19:26
Blank
Poopsky
195 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.81K Views
Website Advertisement Pricing Model

I am currently working on integrating and advertisement/advertising module into a online management system I am creating. The question is this... What is the best way to determine pricing for...

asked Jan 5 '10 at 05:00
Blank
Theistand
11 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
11.2K Views
How do you price a technology licensing/white-labeling agreement?

We built a consumer facing web app and have been growing our user base by iterating on the product for a little over a year. A large media company has inquired about licensing our technology to...

asked Jan 5 '10 at 16:42
Blank
Rtc
41 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
Subscription payments for download software

We will be licensing 2 downloadable software products, both aimed at animation / game development professionals / studios (1 plugin, 1 SDK / library) where subscription pricing is not currently...

asked Jan 6 '10 at 02:10
Blank
Ian Wilson
88 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.57K Views
Reagrding pricing ...Should it be few big fish or many small fish

We have software which can run as per user SaaS model and also as custom deployment. To advertise we are planning to host it and give it free for some time / users. But there is another argument as...

asked Nov 24 '09 at 23:30
Blank
Jigar Shah
131 points

-1 Votes
3 Answers
1.69K Views
View and Markup Options?

Greetings, I am looking for options on reasonably priced (or free / open source) view and markup software that can be integrated into an existing web based, product development software. I know...

asked Nov 27 '09 at 16:03
Blank
Jz199
59 points

10 Votes
6 Answers
3.5K Views
Communicating a Rate Increase to my Clients

I currently run a two person web development team. My partner and I offer Ruby on Rails programming for our clients (small companies). We typically charge $75/hr for most of our clients but we have...

asked Nov 27 '09 at 16:31
Blank
Aac
85 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
4.4K Views
Strategy for pricing a desktop application

I'm trying to figure out how to price a desktop application that I'm currently developing. I have read a few articles on the subject, but I'm unable to come up with a clear path. A bit of...

asked Dec 1 '09 at 11:17
Blank
Smart Company Software
1,190 points