Pricing Questions

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.94K Views
Value based pricing

"Pricing is actually pretty simple... customers will not pay literally a penny more than the true value of the product" With that in mind, how do you determine the real differentiating value of a...

asked Aug 22 '13 at 01:09
Blank
Bhttoan
735 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.65K Views
Pricing startegies for resource with fluctuating usage during billing period

We are building an online service and one of the dimensions we want to charge for is storage. Our model is that the user gets X amount of storage every month and pays for any excess beyond that...

asked Aug 2 '13 at 16:48
Blank
F21
142 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.12K Views
Prototype and Landing Page are built. Now what?

I'm building a web app that generates SEO reports. I've built a bare minimum prototype and received some exciting feedback from potential customers. As of now, the only thing I have publicly live...

asked Jul 11 '13 at 01:22
Blank
Mnort9
201 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.46K Views
Is it bad to consider a profit margin on the first year of a launch?

I am building my product catalog with prices for my print company but I realized that I cannot accurately calculate my profit margin because I have no net sales or revenue yet. So I was curious to...

asked Jun 5 '13 at 04:25
Blank
Matt 2.0
188 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.69K Views
how to execute price discirmination effectively on a product

I have a problem with how to do price discrimination on a product. I want to find the best pricing strategy, capture customer surplus effectively, but also not damage reseller's...

asked Jun 15 '13 at 08:37
Blank
Junba Tester
1 point

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.24K Views
How do you interview (ask) customers about price?

Pricing is the eternal challenge. How can you get honest, accurate answers about how much customers might pay, i.e., what is the value of the product/service to them in dollars? What I've...

asked Jun 22 '13 at 12:43
Blank
Clay Nichols
737 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
6.7K Views
How do I convince my customers they should advertise on my website?

So i've been doing research on how to price advertising on my website. I have a nightlife guide website for a tourist destination where I highlight the most reccomended to go places, and I write...

asked Jun 25 '13 at 05:47
Blank
Sergio
6 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.88K Views
How can I price my SaaS app better?

This is what my current monthly pricing is: $29 for up to 50 users $149 for up to 150 users $299 for up to 300 users Pricing on request above 300 users A few things to note: This has to be a...

asked Apr 25 '13 at 01:24
Blank
Dmurtagh
157 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
What is a reasonable price for a developer?

I've been developing my own websites for a while, earning money by selling virtual items within games. Recetly I just got hired as a developer for the first time. I've making minigames for them,...

asked May 9 '13 at 13:45
Blank
Niet The Dark Absol
128 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.24K Views
Acquiring a domain name that claims to be under construction

I am planning to launch a new SaaS product that nicely fits a catchy word. it would make a perfect brand name, but the domain name is already taken. the site claims to be under construction for at...

asked Mar 15 '13 at 00:22
Blank
Jani Kovacs
75 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
5.03K Views
How can an independent sourcing agent charge his clients?

I know that a sourcing agent can charge his clients by hourly rate, but I don't think it is a wise strategy. If a sourcing agent charges a percentage of each order, then he has to be in the middle,...

asked Feb 25 '13 at 14:37
Blank
Jack Chen
1 point

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.86K Views
Does it make sense to give the customer the option to either pay by the hour or a fixed rate?

I am a freelance software developer My process of getting work is typically: Find out about potential work through some channel (people I know, former employers, job postings etc.) Set up a...

asked Feb 26 '13 at 07:25
Blank
Codeape
128 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
Pricing SAAS product for an on-customer-permises client

We are selling a Ruby on Rails application on a SAAS model. The monthly fee is determined based on the number of operators and the number of projects each customer is using. We have been...

asked Mar 2 '13 at 00:17
Blank
Carbuncle
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.93K Views
Basic Pricing for a Healthcare SaaS startup

The product is a healthcare SaaS product which saves money for small clinics. Let's say we can get really confident estimates of how much money we're saving them each month, based on a pilot. Is...

asked Feb 16 '13 at 03:24
Blank
Robamaton
143 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.29K Views
Pricing for the first customer

We have a software that we use to service our customers. The software processes certain state regulation documentation for a specific industry. We are starting to market this product to our...

asked Jan 31 '13 at 08:55
Blank
Mins
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.12K Views
How to determine a pricing model for an electronic product?

I have an idea that I plan to develop into a product beta then boost with a crowdfunding platform. I'm looking for a rough formula to develop my pricing model that will account for material cost,...

asked Jan 12 '13 at 05:20
Blank
Npc
108 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.19K Views
Looking for first customers; is it a good idea to offer our services completely for free?

We are going to creating a start up that offers services to biotechs; our deliverable is to discover bioactive compounds in a given biological context (such as pharma). We want to follow some of...

asked Dec 24 '12 at 20:42
Blank
Flow
114 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.75K Views
Determining the pricing of a cloud service intended for businesses

We will soon be meeting for the first time with several of our potential customers which are chain-stores to which we will be selling our service. I don't want to uncover too much information...

asked Dec 25 '12 at 03:29
Blank
Orchestrator
149 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.04K Views
Is making a product free a valid sales strategy?

We have a product that is comparable in features and user experience to several competitors, however we are unable to gain any real market share, because the target market is relatively hard to...

asked Dec 28 '12 at 05:51
Blank
Jeff S
374 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.08K Views
Researching Competitors Prices

I am starting a company and don't have any major competitors other than one company (who has a similar product and a huge market-share). Sadly this company doesn't sell its product online, you have...

asked Dec 3 '12 at 15:43
Blank
Taylor Niver
68 points