Pricing Questions

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.88K Views
How to display complex pricing in a friendly way

I'm launching an online service which is designed to bring together a lot of different services into one package, all manageable online. The problem I've got is how to handle the pricing. The...

asked Dec 8 '12 at 15:57
Blank
Alex C
111 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
Why don't usability testing companies succeed?

There seems to be a big demand for website feedback, usability and review services. However, companies that offer these services are not making much profit? For example, Concept Feedback stopped...

asked Dec 8 '12 at 17:12
Blank
Bonyhad
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
How to come up with service packages and pricing?

I have a break fix IT company right now, but I'm trying to transition to a managed service provider role. I believe I have everything in place, but the one thing I just can't seem to wrap my arms...

asked Nov 26 '12 at 09:00
Blank
Msindle
106 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.3K Views
What are things customers could do for a discount?

I have a friend who runs a business that decorates special events. He deals a lot with customers who's budget is much less than his normal prices, but he normally just gives them huge discounts...

asked Nov 19 '12 at 10:59
Blank
Glycan
113 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.33K Views
Charging annually based on number of users. How to grant flexibility on the number of users?

We have a product that the customer pays based on the number of users. Suppose it costs 10$/mo/user and that the client has 10 users. That is, he pays 100$ per month for his 10 users. We want to...

asked Nov 19 '12 at 20:51
Blank
Clash
128 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.9K Views
Price quote inquiry - best way to answer and find more?

I just received an inquiry about a price quote for a large amount of Users for our Online Suggestion Box tool Vetter, from a local government employee. He simply asked for the quote, no other...

asked Oct 22 '12 at 20:26
Blank
Dmurtagh
157 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.09K Views
Changing SaaS pricing model from 'per month' to 'technology fee' paid by end customer approach

We have a niche Saas product that is essentially a very specific ecommerce portal and management system to allow businesses to sell memberships to their customers. Currently, pricing is based on...

asked Aug 31 '12 at 00:27
Blank
Simon
165 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Selecting a Pricing structure-How to offer free membership?

We are nearing the launch of our website which is a wholesale marketplace and network, which hosts transactions between Buyers and Sellers. We are deciding between two offers for a period of free...

asked Sep 12 '12 at 10:22
Blank
Doug C
16 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.5K Views
What is the $ value of a new skill?

I'd like to offer business-skills seminars, as web video, and quantify their value - what are some ways to do that? A few examples include: Mastering this skill is worth $10,000+ Learning this...

asked Aug 21 '12 at 02:18
Blank
Randy Zeitman
41 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.58K Views
Where can I find a list of pricing structure types?

Whenever people or businesses purchase services or products for a price, they do so using a pricing structure put in place by a business. These pricing structures are really defined by the Terms...

asked Aug 6 '12 at 06:15
Blank
Leeand00
108 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
51.3K Views
How do I estimate the cost of utilities for a 2500 sqft office?

I'm putting together a business plan for a startup, and I need to provide an estimate for utility costs. For my plan, this is an office of 12 employees with an average of 2 CPU's per workstation....

asked Aug 14 '12 at 12:32
Blank
Erick Robertson
106 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.13K Views
Pricing using Westendorp's Price Sensitivity Meter

I have just read a study (german) that applied Van Westendorp's Price Sensitivity Meter to determine a reasonable price range for a SaaS offering. Specifically, the study tried to investigate the...

asked Jul 24 '12 at 21:28
Blank
Johannes Rudolph
348 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.4K Views
In app purchase or paid app

Currently, we are developing an android app, which is used to target stock market investor. May I know which way offer a better way, to monetize your app? In app purchase Paid app download

asked Jul 29 '12 at 04:53
Blank
Cheok Yan Cheng
119 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.74K Views
Pricing scheme for 2 types of companies

We have 2 potential types of companies we can work with: Type A: major corporation; salesman / consultants that work for the head company Type B: still a major corporation, but with branch offices...

asked Jul 12 '12 at 22:06
Blank
Lsiunsuex
103 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.4K Views
Moving customers from free to paid

I've got a subscription service with a free tier. Initially, the free tier was far too generous. We've since significantly lowered what that free tier provides. However, we had grandfathered in...

asked Jul 18 '12 at 06:36
Blank
Marc Hughes
111 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.42K Views
How do I determine the optimal price to maximize profit from a contest?

We are trying to setup a contest at my school where contestants have to pay to enter and compete. We have enough money to cover a grand prize, as well as other minor prizes. According to my naive...

asked Jun 16 '12 at 09:02
Blank
Paul
111 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
Which currency or currencies should I use to price my products?

I am preparing to sell software products to a global market. Customers will be companies of a technical or engineering nature. Cost of a license will be in the USD $500-$2000 range. Which currency...

asked Jun 23 '12 at 06:01
Blank
Paperjam
394 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
Are Android users less likely than iPhone users to spend money on apps?

I've been told that Android users are less prone to download paid apps compared with iPhone/iOS users. Is this true? I haven't yet researched this matter or found any useful statistics but since...

asked Jul 4 '12 at 05:03
Blank
Torben Gundtofte Bruun
350 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.83K Views
Do my prices make me seem unprofessional? Should I even list them?

I started a small web development company with my friend. When we talked about the services we were going to offer we obviously also had to talk about how much to charge for these services. What...

asked Jun 11 '12 at 22:40
Blank
Mike
140 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
Methods of deciding on a day rate / hourly rate

This question is not asking "what should my rate be?" I would like to some help understanding how to choose a rate. What are some successful methods that others have used in deciding what to...

asked May 24 '12 at 03:28
Blank
Greg
116 points