Pricing Questions

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.1K Views
Pricing my web application - validity of a demand curve?

I'm in the phase of designing the price structure of my web application, and I'm trying to use a demand curve as a tool to find the "best" price. A few questions pops up in my head: How can this...

asked Dec 26 '11 at 04:26
Blank
Martin Hn
234 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.49K Views
What is the best way to price my service?

Please help me decide and refine the pricing for my new SAAS application. I already have an installable application and about launch a service on the cloud with monthly subscriptions. I have put...

asked Dec 2 '11 at 09:26
Blank
Nilesh
420 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.23K Views
does ideas have a price?

I'm a software developer and some time ago, I've shared an idea to a friend. I've said, look, I think that this app will boost your services and someday I'll do it for you. That friend was very...

asked Nov 23 '11 at 21:35
Blank
Dole Doug
141 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
How to price this software

We are building software for a medium-sized company 'X'. Software is unique but strongly depends on data which the company 'X' can gather and plug into the software. We develop that exclusively...

asked Nov 26 '11 at 05:47
Blank
James
102 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
How much money can I expect to get from corporate sponsorships on iPad applications?

I am a developer of an iPad application that can be used to expedite the transfer of information from patients to physicians. We are marketing to a wide variety of multispecialty adolescent...

asked Nov 30 '11 at 12:35
Blank
Parseltongue
120 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.46K Views
How to determine competitor's pricing model when impersonating a customer is challenging

This question accompanies my recent previous question, Are there any methods you can think of to determine a comptetitors pricing model under these stipulations: The pricing sheet is not publicly...

asked Nov 16 '11 at 01:58
Blank
Maple Shaft
323 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.11K Views
Idea: Go free first, then start charging customers

My primary aim is to get as much publicity as I can get. Would it be a good strategy to go all free when you first launch your product and then turn it into a paid service couple of months...

asked Nov 16 '11 at 21:44
Blank
Celalo
118 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.3K Views
high margin vs low margin

What are some key factors for a startup to consider when determining to build a low margin/high volume business or a high margin/low volume business? The only factor I can think of is the sales...

asked Nov 21 '11 at 10:59
Blank
Mike Nereson
411 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.79K Views
How to price license fee for per-seat usage of Java desktop application?

Here's the model I am thinking of right now: Total cost to buyer = (number of seats ) X (partial 3rd party license cost + app development cost + 1 year support & updates). Number of Seats...

asked Nov 22 '11 at 07:56
Blank
Kim Jong Woo
644 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
Freemium business model in beta (would this work?)

I am starting an online b2b networking portal. It is somewhat comparable to linkedin in a sense that most of the content is user generated, meaning more users it has more attractive service...

asked Oct 14 '11 at 22:56
Blank
Peter K.
194 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.5K Views
Is freemium still working?

We've heard from several formerly wildly successful software/webapp companies using the freemium business model that it is no longer working well. Does anyone have any validation to this? And if...

asked Oct 15 '11 at 05:10
Blank
Sydney Stavrou
21 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.74K Views
Advice on Webdesign Business - Pricing breakdown

i'm doing freelance PHP programming and SEO Consulting for a couple of years now. I'm at a point where i am approached by a large company (doing business in the single millions). They want a...

asked Oct 19 '11 at 21:25
Blank
Herr K
292 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.45K Views
Should I show pricing on a test landing page?

I put up a test landing page for a SAAS product/service that I think has potential. My goal is to test the market to see if there is enough interest to justify building out the...

asked Oct 19 '11 at 23:07
Blank
Bc Web
16 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.17K Views
Pricing according to the competitors

I am currently developing a software and planning to sell it as a downloadable product. There are already competitors on the market out there and their pricing is too low. What I think is that the...

asked Oct 9 '11 at 04:05
Blank
Matte
128 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.53K Views
Pricing strategy for digital media applications

I am developing desktop application for digital media. But i am still not sure how to set price for the application. Actually our product is integrated solution which integrates different features...

asked Oct 9 '11 at 10:14
Blank
Vohid Abdullaev
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.24K Views
Smaller Project for Free Open Source as Leverage

Is it smart to release a small project as free and open-source to display my abilities as a programmer. I don't mean that in a "Hey, look at me, I'm awesome!" way. I mean it in a "This is the...

asked Oct 10 '11 at 06:02
Blank
Jberger
118 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
Pricing it right

I don't have retail experience and what I need to price is SAAS, however I am aware of the psychological factors when it comes to pricing. $19.95 is a heck better than $20, even though the price is...

asked Oct 12 '11 at 07:00
Blank
Usabilitest
1,698 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.13K Views
Choosing a pricing structure

I currently provide an online service where I sell "credits" in blocks. I sell them in blocks for $10, $25, $50, and $100. At present the unit price per block is the same (e.g. 30 cents per credit,...

asked Oct 12 '11 at 12:12
Blank
Mick
6 points

10 Votes
2 Answers
3.77K Views
What to consider when licensing source code

Component vendors like Syncfusion and Infragistics often make source code available to their customers (at an additional fee). Some benefits of this would appear to be: Enable customers to make...

asked Oct 13 '11 at 07:09
Blank
Paul Stovell
204 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.91K Views
Charging different rates for different services?

As a freelancer I am putting together a strong online portfolio/website to offer my services. I am putting the usual things in (blog/about/portfolio etc.) but I was thinking of creating a few...

asked Oct 14 '11 at 05:32
Blank
Timmy O'mahony
118 points