Products Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.67K Views
Product Internationalization: How would I do?

My Website is out and think it is a great product that makes link between professionals and individuals about jobs: you can look for quotation or propose quotations. (I'm not trying to advertise...

asked Jan 18 '12 at 21:45
Blank
Olivier Pons
144 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.28K Views
Product reached alpha stage but potential customer left

Initially a potential customer asked us whether we can design product X with features ABC. Now, we have built an alpha-stage product. We are ready for a demo of product X with feature ABC, but the...

asked Jan 19 '12 at 23:41
Blank
Kamal
8 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.16K Views
How to go about doing market research

We are looking at developing a new product but want to get the market research right first up. It's a time keeping application with some secret sauce. We have brain stormed a range of vertical...

asked Jan 22 '12 at 10:49
Blank
Robin Vessey
8,394 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.36K Views
How to convert a pet project into a startup company / product?

I have been in software industry since Aug-2005. In beginning of 2009 I got a nasty memory leak related defect to solve from my employer. To help myself with such kind of errors in future, I...

asked Dec 2 '11 at 23:29
Blank
Iammilind
182 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.61K Views
How much say should technical co-founder have in deciding features/look of half-technical product?

Consider a startup that offers a specific technical solution to a generic problem in a certain creative industry. One core part of that solution is a website, and it caters to customers mostly...

asked Dec 4 '11 at 02:23
Blank
Geradeausanwalt
116 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.85K Views
Consulting on work related to future planned product

We recently approached a large company with a proposal to build them an application we thought they'd find useful. The idea is that they'd partner with us to get it developed and get unlimited...

asked Nov 24 '11 at 13:18
Blank
Terry B
121 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.18K Views
Please, prioritize this list of features for any Software Product

From your experience, as entrepreneur or as user, please order from the most important (1) to the least important (6) these features for a software product... A) Support (mail, chat or phone) B)...

asked Nov 5 '11 at 08:52
Blank
Nestor Sanchez A
690 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.48K Views
Start with: generic product, client product, or freelancing?

We started freelancing. However, most of our projects have failed because we had to do what we are not experienced with. For example, say our expertise is ASP, but we can't wait for ASP projects to...

asked Oct 31 '11 at 13:17
Blank
D Shan
68 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.38K Views
How to analyse products to sell online to make the most profit?

As a developer myself, I've set up an e-commerce website in England and hired 2 people to help me package and invoice etc.. In terms of choosing the right and most profitable products to sell...

asked Sep 9 '11 at 02:37
Blank
Cem
108 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.64K Views
How feasible is a business model that sells fan T-shirts / cups for a small website?

I was trying to understand the concept of the business model of Kingdom Of Loathing They were doing stuff like selling T-shirts and cups, so basically I was wondering what are the benefits for...

asked Sep 1 '11 at 23:16
Blank
Pacerier
317 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.8K Views
What are the optimal steps for pursuing development of a product innovation?

I have a great idea for a (tangible) product innovation in a very niche industry and would like to find out what the optimal steps are for pursuing this. Note: I have been reading a lot about the...

asked Sep 2 '11 at 23:20
Blank
Sam
509 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.91K Views
How Do You Go About Defining and Releasing a Product

Marketing your startup takes many forms. The classical marketing approach revolves around the 4 P’s: Product, Price, Promotion and Place. For this question and answer, we will tackle your Product...

asked Aug 19 '11 at 22:04
Blank
Jarie Bolander
11,421 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.39K Views
How to decide whether an idea is worth pursuing?

You have a business idea, how do you decide whether it's worth pursuing? i.e, say you plan to provide a SaaS service to users (which you think would be very useful for people), how do you know that...

asked Jul 27 '11 at 04:09
Blank
Atul Goyal
496 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.28K Views
What to focus on when pitching, product or underlying platform?

I'm working on launching a startup based on a new computing platform developed by my co-founders. The platform itself is very powerful and flexible, and we envision it being used as a foundation...

asked Aug 1 '11 at 18:56
Blank
Berislav Lopac
111 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
What's the best tool for keeping track of inventory

I have all one-of-a-kind inventory, and I am struggling to keep track of it. I currently use an excel spread sheet, and have long descriptions of each item and I have about 300 items. Once I expand...

asked Jun 25 '11 at 04:34
Blank
User11503
11 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.12K Views
Is building a better product good enough?

By building a better product I mean taking what is an existing product area that sucks and making what you believe is up to modern technology standards in terms of UX and deployment model (say web...

asked Jun 26 '11 at 12:27
Blank
Tinny
404 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.72K Views
How do you validate new product functionality before building it into your product?

What specific tactics do you use to test a feature set that's planned for an upgrade of a current product? Focus group Existing user survey Interviews What else? Tx!

asked Jun 23 '11 at 00:10
Blank
Chris
4,214 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.62K Views
Evergreen dilemma : Product Company vs Service Company

From the title itself some of you might have guesses the question. Yes it is an ever green dilemma of entrepreneurs especially in our field. Of course I am not an exception here. I run an IT...

asked May 5 '11 at 17:01
Blank
Abhi
31 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.71K Views
What is product/IP startup?

Can some one help me understand about what is "Product/IP" Start up. What is that required for company to become a IP Startup? I mean officially or recordically what all we need to do to get to...

asked May 8 '11 at 15:51
Blank
Fayaz
35 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
1.98K Views
Customers feel good / hate about your products or services is better than no feeling?

I was watching a slide from a very successful entrepreneurial, in which his argument about users feel about products totally surprised me. Here is his idea: How users feel about your products and...

asked Mar 29 '11 at 16:15
Blank
Shirtman
33 points