Project Planning Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.46K Views
Determining Limits of a Software Development Team

I'm currently managing 5 member (whom are also my friends) software development team for my startup and instead of looking for an angel investor I decided to finance my own product by my own. And...

asked Dec 31 '12 at 09:06
Blank
Timur Aykut Y?Ld?R?M
121 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
What to quote an enterprise customer

I've started a software consultancy and an large fortune 500 company has approached us for a project. it's an internal CMS that will take roughly 5-6 months to develop with a team of 3. This is the...

asked May 5 '12 at 10:21
Blank
Jordan
8 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.27K Views
What Factors to Consider When Projecting Growth?

What factors should I take into account and what assumptions should I make when projecting user-base growth? Also, does anyone know where I can find growth rates for companies like: linkedin,...

asked Jul 26 '11 at 23:19
Blank
Danj0
1 point

0 Votes
5 Answers
4.35K Views
What are use-cases?

The startup I work for got asked by some potential clients to send them use cases. We are in the process of making one and I would like to ask the following questions about use-cases in general:...

asked Jul 30 '11 at 15:05
Blank
Sriram
174 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.33K Views
Handling Business Analysis and Managing Scope Creep

As a developer, I produce a high-quality product, I exceed expectations and I deliver on time. However, as a project manager and business analyst, I could use a lot of work. I am not particularly...

asked May 19 '11 at 22:29
Blank
Todofixthis
183 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
2.99K Views
FREE, ultra-simple online project management tools

I am looking to set up a project management tool to keep track of bugs, and project tasks. Is there any such thing out there which is completely free? Thanks!

asked May 8 '11 at 10:25
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.53K Views
How do I pitch to a potential partner?

A group of us want to work with a rather large company on a specific project. I was able to contact the person in the department i wanted and on the initial email she forward me to 4 colleagues...

asked Nov 11 '10 at 23:43
Blank
Frank B.
111 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
2.12K Views
Feature fatigue

Is it just me or is there such a "diagnoses" as "feature fatigue"? On more than one occasions I noticed that when I am about 75% though new feature development I am starting to stall and my...

asked May 7 '10 at 03:44
Blank
Usabilitest
1,698 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.59K Views
How do you decide what project to pursue next?

I'm an independent software developer. As I'm beginning work on my next project, I'm curious about how others in the same situation prioritize the different projects available to their firm. So,...

asked Apr 3 '10 at 05:28
Blank
Arkaaito
300 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.17K Views
Time Keeps On Slippin...So Stop Already!

As an entrepreneur, I'm always looking for ways to use my time more efficiently. Several years ago I took a time management course while working on my dissertation in which the primary message was...

asked Mar 2 '10 at 03:56
Blank
Fractal Guy
254 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.14K Views
Is Implementation a valid part of a business plan

Is an "Implementation" section a viable part of a business plan? From the entrepreneurs perspective it would seem so, as I feel like it would be really helpful to document how i plan on creating...

asked Feb 3 '10 at 08:13
Blank
Eric Amzalag
818 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.16K Views
OmniPlan as a hosted app?

I'm a huge fan of OmniPlan for my development planning. It lets me set up my tasks, gantt chart them, measure resources, get a rough idea of how long things are going to take, and it's very...

asked Feb 6 '10 at 11:51
Blank
Sbwoodside
186 points

12 Votes
6 Answers
3.98K Views
Elements of a Startup Business Plan

I was looking through some posts today about Startups and business Plans and i came across this: "1. Even VCs don't require a full business plan on your initial meeting. And a business plan for...

asked Jan 21 '10 at 10:41
Blank
Eric Amzalag
818 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
12.2K Views
What tools do you use to estimate Level Of Effort (LOE)?

What tools or methods are you using to estimate the level of effort on your projects? I've read a lot of books on the subject, but am curious what people are actually using "in the real world"....

asked Jan 19 '10 at 04:17
Blank
Torrie
230 points

12 Votes
13 Answers
11.8K Views
How do you choose codenames for projects?

I often find myself wasting a lot of time finding the perfect name for my projects and checking domain name availability before I even start to really work on it. I guess this is the wrong way to...

asked Jan 4 '10 at 11:44
Blank
Olivier Lalonde
2,753 points