Project Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.05K Views
Print on Demand Project Setup - General Questions

First off: I also asked this question on pm.stackexchange.com, but was not really sure if it belongs there. I know it is rather technical and rather basic. If you know a place this would fit in...

asked Oct 27 '19 at 00:37
Blank
j4kobko
1 point

15 Votes
6 Answers
34.6K Views
How big software companies get projects?

When a big business tycoon opens a software companies, they get projects of millions of dollars, and the company is always flooded with projects. While if it is a startup that initiates from a...

asked Oct 31 '10 at 14:17
Blank
Rpk
208 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.46K Views
Should you provide any bonuses to employees whose ideas make a significant contribution to the bottom line?

We're just getting started with scaling our business and one of the things we want to implement is a 4/1 work day. 4 days are spent working, and 1 day is for individual projects (just like Google's...

asked Jun 6 '14 at 15:27
Blank
William Green
14 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.73K Views
Any experience with Basecamp and FogBugz?

I have been looking for a Project Management system to support collaboration across three partners in two locations for our startup. I'm specifically looking for perspective on the Basecamp and...

asked Jan 18 '10 at 02:30
Blank
Warren E. Hart
2,181 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
4.13K Views
Projects you did for fun (without intention of making money), but ended up being widely profitable?

What are some projects you started without the intention of every making any money from them, only to end up generating decent revenue from it?Any examples from your personal experience or other...

asked Mar 11 '14 at 12:24
Blank
Lawrence Hintz
35 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.54K Views
Equity in a project but not in company

Can I give someone stake/equity/shares or similar for a project in the company without giving that person any equity in the company? If not, has anyone found ways to accomplish something...

asked Nov 2 '13 at 08:32
Blank
Javier Figueroa
106 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.79K Views
Project building a product for a startup — equity or % of revenue?

I am a Rails developer with a job who does projects on the side. I've been asked by a couple of friends to build a product for their startup, nothing too special/creative technology wise. They...

asked Apr 22 '12 at 05:47
Blank
Erik J
111 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
When to ditch a partnership

I have been working on a project for a little over a year. This project was my partners idea, and we agreed to a percentage of the stake when it gets done. (he gets the majority) Originally, the...

asked Jan 29 '12 at 01:21
Blank
Vigrond
130 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
3.77K Views
how to present ideas to a possible future partner without getting them 'stolen'?

I am planning into getting involved in a venture in an asian country. I have a friend from this country that has an experience in the kind of business I want to be involved in and that has “ built...

asked Jan 22 '12 at 13:37
Blank
Ongoing
13 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.93K Views
Sales Commision for Project

I wondering how much is the typical commission percentage for sales (third party) that helping me to winning a project ? Do the commission based on project value or from net profit ?

asked Dec 23 '11 at 14:36
Blank
Jazar
123 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
4.17K Views
What kind of project collaboration tools are used in a lean startup

We would like to understand the kind of tools which are used by other startup(s) for maintaining their projects. Project hosting (SVN or Git) - We have finalized on using Git. Email collaboration...

asked Dec 8 '11 at 17:33
Blank
Priya
111 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.65K Views
How can I figure out how much money a new software idea is worth?

I have an idea to develop an application: "Plain old" Windows application GUI based It does some "tricks" with clipboard and saves a history (It is a bit different than the ones one can easily...

asked Nov 24 '11 at 02:33
Blank
Paolo
123 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.47K Views
How to find out the price of a niche product?

we have a customer that's about to choose between us writing software for them, and a ready made solution. The market is investment banking, and we have the opportunity to staff people and grow our...

asked Aug 14 '11 at 09:15
Blank
Mithrandir
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Project In A Week / development bootcamp

Our team is thinking of doing a "Project In A Week" (bootcamp), and I'm interested to know if anyone else has experience of doing this or has any advice? The idea behind it is to get away from the...

asked Mar 25 '11 at 02:21
Blank
Tim S
111 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.73K Views
Why don't companies collaborate on innovative projects?

I am doing research about collaboration in projects. If a company has an innovative idea that they want to put on the market, but they don't have the knowledge to develop the idea, then they are...

asked Feb 10 '11 at 00:17
Blank
Bruggew
21 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
Innovation, collaboration and knowledge sharing

I have an innovative idea that I want to put onto the market, but I still have to develop the idea into a product. I know a few companies that have the knowledge I am looking for. What is the best...

asked Feb 10 '11 at 23:46
Blank
Bruggew
21 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
2.77K Views
Software Idea but Non IT background

I am an entreprenuer, who has always been keen on IT, but having no background of programming. I have several ideas which i would like to implement one at a time. These involve combination of...

asked Jan 29 '11 at 15:37
Blank
Kartik
21 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
3.28K Views
Where can I propose an open source project and collaborate on software requirements before starting to code?

I'm searching for a website to start a new open source project--I want to start the developing of a "Sport Training Log". I have some software development skills, but not everything I need (I...

asked Dec 20 '10 at 21:24
Blank
Boos
111 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.75K Views
Is there a project starting/launching platform/community online?

I have a lot of project ideas (like many of you) but I have some issues. There seems to be no easy way to find existing project online or to ask people what they think of an idea. I'm looking for a...

asked Dec 12 '10 at 05:23
Blank
Mig
6 points

-2 Votes
1 Answers
1.71K Views
ideas, advice, procedure for my new facebook group IT consultancy

I am planning to start a consultancy using facebook fan/group/profile page. Could anyone shower some ideas about what all I can achieve. Some tips about this to make huge success? And the...

asked Nov 8 '10 at 15:38
Blank
User3383
100 points