Prototype Questions

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.12K Views
Prototype and Landing Page are built. Now what?

I'm building a web app that generates SEO reports. I've built a bare minimum prototype and received some exciting feedback from potential customers. As of now, the only thing I have publicly live...

asked Jul 11 '13 at 01:22
Blank
Mnort9
201 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
build a product but no engineer experience?

I have an idea how I want my new product to look and really good market gap. I can do a quick design in Google Sketchup and I will send my design to someone who can make it in a professional form...

asked Jun 7 '13 at 21:20
Blank
I'll Be Back
103 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.88K Views
Funding Prototypes

As an interaction designer, I see tons of opportunities for great new products and solutions every day. Some of these solutions are easy to prototype. Eventually I will create a startup with the...

asked Dec 7 '12 at 11:30
Blank
Tyler Langan
99 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.41K Views
Ways to reach users for product prototype, important part for final product development

We are start-up with limited finance and marketing knowledge. Our product targets end user. Product prototype is ready, now the question is how should we approach the user to showcase our...

asked Aug 31 '12 at 22:54
Blank
Darshan Joshi
154 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
How to proceed with funding and getting a prototype?

Should we get angels to come in after we have made a prototype or should we wait until we have an established base of customers? We realize that we can't go to investors without a prototype to show...

asked Apr 29 '12 at 14:57
Blank
V B
24 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
How to promote a desktop Facebook app about music to get alpha testers?

Possible Duplicate: I made a product, now how can I find customers? I built a prototype for a desktop music app that will keep you updated with music. It has real-time music aggregation, and a...

asked Feb 24 '12 at 08:48
Blank
Meir
238 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.54K Views
How can I get to product-market fit?

Context: I've been reading up on lean startups for a year and have been flailing unsuccessfully trying to launch one. It's been a tough go, but I have gained a lot of validated learning through my...

asked Jan 9 '12 at 05:23
Blank
Hart
21 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
We are looking for EE who can build a prototype for us

We need to build a device that will : 1) read electricity usage in the fuse box and sent it to transmitter in home and then to internet portal. ( similar devices: Alertme.com, onzo.com,...

asked Oct 7 '11 at 20:20
Blank
Andriy
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.96K Views
Customer development for offline startup?

Customer development is a nice way to build a company through iterations. However, all blog posts and articles that I have read depict software and web startups which can be developed through...

asked Sep 30 '11 at 19:46
Blank
Martin Lee
120 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.33K Views
We are in primary stage of building a product, should we review our primary prototype or should we bring final product directly in market

We are preparing some visualised education content, we friends have a small debate on what should be our next strategy to built the final product. Should we make a prototype of our product, and...

asked Oct 5 '11 at 01:35
Blank
Darshan Joshi
154 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.43K Views
I have a static prototype, can I get angel investment?

I have a static prototype for a very promising company. The prototype is not dynamic, just made to show how the site works. I need an investment to actually develop the functionality and get some...

asked Aug 7 '11 at 03:29
Blank
Dawson Whitfield
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
Protecting a prototype

I want to develop a prototype to demonstrate to investors my idea in a practical way, hopefully securing funding to develop a full working product. My concern (however unfounded) is how I can stop...

asked Jun 24 '11 at 01:49
Blank
Sonny Ordell
197 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
5.19K Views
I have a prototype, now what?

I've asked a few questions already on this site relating to what I should have in a business plan and how to focus on a prototype, preparing to approach investors. OK, so I have a prototype, at...

asked Jun 28 '11 at 04:12
Blank
Sonny Ordell
197 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
3.19K Views
Prototype or market research first?

I want to start developing (well trying to) my web application. I am not sure if I should start with the market research to find out what features they want or if they even want the app at all. Or...

asked Jun 13 '11 at 23:54
Blank
I Scotts
152 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.48K Views
Raise capital for idea, team and market

How do we go about raising seed money for our startup that is at this point nothing much but an idea (working towards a prototype), team (2 technical persons with over 10 years experience in...

asked Jun 6 '11 at 10:38
Blank
Xoail
365 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.32K Views
Steps to take after designing an app prototype

We are going to start creating an iPhone app prototype with Keynotopia.com. The app will be an add-on to our website which is currently in dev. Once the app prototype is complete, what are the...

asked Jun 2 '11 at 03:35
Blank
Sam
509 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.15K Views
Turn to investor or international company (start-up based on unprotected prototype)

I created a functional SW prototype intended for Xbox or PlayStation. It is based on very simple idea, which once presented can be simply stolen. How can I protect my idea (prototype)? Will be...

asked May 20 '11 at 11:14
Blank
Stanyko
6 points

6 Votes
6 Answers
4.27K Views
New Product Ideas - how to get started

I've got several ideas for new products that I think might fill various gaps in the market. However, I'm unsure where to start. I'm not an engineer, nor do I have access to facilities to create...

asked Oct 20 '10 at 00:35
Blank
Pm 2
133 points