Recruiting Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.68K Views
How do you tell if a candidate "gets things done"?

What question you ask and the things to look for in a CV to determine if a candidate "gets things done"?

asked Dec 19 '18 at 11:37
Blank
Rudi Adianto
138 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
3.32K Views
What is the best way to use stickers in marketing?

I have recruitment startup based on web application , I purchased 5000 sticker with the logo,slogan and the link of the startup on it. now I'm really confused how could I use the stickers in...

asked Sep 16 '11 at 22:10
Blank
Waseem Abu Senjer
28 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.88K Views
Persuading software engineers to join a new startup?

I'm a non-technical founder who has been able to get by with outsourced consultants on ODesk for a while.But now that revenues are growing, I want to hire one or two PHP coders onsite. I've posted...

asked Jun 9 '14 at 18:10
Blank
Sonya Dave
24 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.69K Views
How to organize your hiring pipeline?

How should a small startup organize their hiring pipeline? We're a team of 8 so don't have a dedicated HR person. Way too early for that. So we keep an excel file to manage candidates we interview....

asked Jun 11 '14 at 14:56
Blank
Michael Brown
14 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.74K Views
How to reject candidates after an interview?

What's the best way to say no to candidates who clearly aren't a good fit for the company?It's as awkward for me to do as firing someone. I would like to do it in a way that doesn't reflect bad on...

asked Jun 16 '14 at 23:45
Blank
Connie Banes
12 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.44K Views
Does a candidates appearance / behavior on social media effect your hiring decision?

Before hiring someone, most startups try to find out as much as possible about them by hitting Google and checking their publicly available social media profiles (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram,...

asked Jul 8 '14 at 16:55
Blank
Carl Rosas
12 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.06K Views
Should you create a standardized recruitment process for a new startup?

I'm the business co-founder in our startup and creating processes to keep things running smoothly and being able to focus on sales.Should startups have a process in the place for hiring? If so,...

asked Jul 21 '14 at 15:03
Blank
Ralph Setzer
9 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.87K Views
If a candidate's first question is about salary, is that a potential red flag?

During an interview, when asking candidates if they have any questions, if they first question they ask is about their salary, is that a negative?Would be an indication that they haven't bought...

asked Aug 4 '14 at 13:58
Blank
Alvin Smith
14 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
4.19K Views
What criteria should you judge candidates on when hiring?

We are looking to hire our first two employees and have no prior experience in recruiting.What are the most important things that we should look for in a candidate?The first would obviously be...

asked Aug 6 '14 at 15:42
Blank
Dennis Fidler
2 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.23K Views
How to get freelancers to work on your website?

Releasing a website soon to connect ordinary people, students, business men with teachers and professionals, how do I recruit the teachers and professionals?

asked Jun 22 '15 at 02:46
Blank
C Wakeboard
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.79K Views
Should you judge a candidate on cultural fit if they wear a suit to the interview?

For startups, if a potential candidate comes for an interview wearing a suit, is that a flag that they might not be a cultural fit?

asked May 30 '14 at 22:45
Blank
Ellen Davenport
7 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.48K Views
Overhead costs of employees?

What are the common overhead costs associated with full time employees?I've heard that if a developer's salary is $100K, he actually costs the company $150K.I can't see where all the expenses would...

asked May 3 '14 at 15:12
Blank
Jade Livingston
14 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.45K Views
Hiring software engineers: should you look for overall experience or expertise of a specific language?

When hiring software engineers, should you place more weight on the expertise of the specific language or framework you are using, or overall skill and experience.i.e. A great engineer with 10+...

asked Apr 18 '14 at 00:12
Blank
William Jensen
14 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
Take-home programming assignment for job applicants? Good or bad?

Is it better to have software engineering candidates code during the interview or let them do it from home?Since most engineers are introverts, my guess would be that allowing them to code from...

asked Apr 1 '14 at 14:59
Blank
William Thomas
7 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
Why aren't more startups willing to hire remotely?

With talented people being so hard to find, why do startups still struggle for months trying to hire someone in their city?

asked Mar 31 '14 at 21:12
Blank
Pablo Rosa
19 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
Top ways a software engineer can screw up an interview?

What are the most often occurring things that developers do due to which they don't get hired?

asked Mar 29 '14 at 21:57
Blank
Kara Tyler
2 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.23K Views
How to filter out bad software engineer candidates when hiring?

I'm hiring a software engineer and have gotten a boat load of resumes. I can easily rule out the obvious ones based on geography (since I can't afford to pay someone to relocate).What are some...

asked Mar 28 '14 at 17:29
Blank
Rufus Joyce
17 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
How to interview for jobs without making your current employer suspicious?

How can you take calls and go for job interviews without your current employer suspecting that you're planning to leave?

asked Mar 26 '14 at 11:14
Blank
Richard Hyslop
20 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.02K Views
Self funded startup with traction: how to begin hunt for a CEO?

How does a self-funded startup with traction hunt for a good CEO who can help grow it to the next level? VC-funded startups have an advantage since it's the VC who actively sends potential...

asked Mar 22 '14 at 15:44
Blank
Edgar Ellison
35 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.31K Views
Why do recruiters exist if every founder finds them annoying and doesn't want to deal with them?

Almost everyone complains about recruiters hammering them with calls and emails. If I were to call several startups, before I could finish my sentence after saying the word "recruiter", they'd...

asked Mar 21 '14 at 13:11
Blank
Gregory Justice
30 points