Referrals Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.72K Views
How to find your first consulting clients?

If you don't have a network which you can get referrals from, how do you find your first consulting clients for a one-person development firm?

asked May 12 '14 at 17:55
Blank
Robert Sheehan
7 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.66K Views
X percent of sales from now until end of time is too much?

I have a friend Z who has been acting as the middle-man between me and his clients. Z contributes to less than one percent of my business' revenue. The projects that Z refers usually amounts to $1k...

asked Mar 8 '13 at 01:50
Blank
John
170 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.89K Views
Should I offer referral fee to consultants?

I am considering to offer a referral fee to a certain category of business consultants to help drum up business. The fee would be part of a "relationship package" along with an opportunity to write...

asked Feb 11 '12 at 16:03
Blank
Sergei Veinberg
429 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
5.02K Views
Is this teired commission schedule for referrals fair?

I'm an independent software consultant who is looking for referrals. I've paid for referrals before and have noticed that sometimes I was happy with the price and sometimes I was not. For example,...

asked Apr 22 '11 at 06:39
Blank
Timid Developer
30 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.28K Views
What is a fair amount to pay for consulting referrals?

I'm an independent software consultant who is looking for referrals. I've come to the conclusion that perhaps I should pay for them and earlier today posted this question about a teired commision...

asked Apr 22 '11 at 13:46
Blank
Timid Developer
30 points

8 Votes
5 Answers
31K Views
Do testimonials have any significant impact on sales?

Testimonials seem to be a great idea (social proof, etc), but I'm not sure they have any meaningful impact on sales. And they could actually be causing problems for our existing customers. For...

asked Mar 4 '11 at 13:58
Blank
Steven
1 point

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.82K Views
Should we hire a marketing firm to spearhead our Startup Go-Live Campaign?

My company is going to be launching our "go-live" site in approximately 3-4 months time and we have begun to brainstorm ideas for a viral marketing campaign. We are well aware of utilizing social...

asked Jan 4 '11 at 00:43
Blank
Robert Dolle
118 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3K Views
Referral tracking services?

We'd like to generate business based on our customers referring us to people they know who could use our product. Some questions about this: Can you recommend a referral tracking service or...

asked Sep 22 '10 at 21:17
Blank
Bstpierre
422 points