Release Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
When does it make sense to release a sequel app versus a new app?

I, as an indie dev, own a set of Face Switch entertainment apps (free, paid and iPad) on the app store and one free Face Switch app on Google Play. I'm about to relese a new app on the app store...

asked Nov 28 '13 at 20:20
Blank
Radek
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.9K Views
complexity of project prevents me to launch "never done coding loop"

* I feel like im heading to a never done coding and never going to release my webapplication for several reasons. For the last year I have been using this project to learn a new programming...

asked Nov 15 '13 at 07:13
Blank
Rubytastic
139 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.05K Views
Can we release our application to public without being incorporated?

We are about to release a public beta for our website. I'm curious if it is safe to release to the general public without being incorporated? Do you see any downfalls of this move or should we wait...

asked Jan 12 '12 at 10:19
Blank
Gagan
150 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.58K Views
Is This a Right Time To Submit a Press Release?

I will be submitting a press release to PR Web for a new startup in order for it to gain some exposure. I've heard that having a press release be available on a Monday is one of the key times to...

asked Nov 24 '10 at 03:14
Blank
Mlocke97
48 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.65K Views
Does it hurt to release often?

I'm a big believer of "release early, release often" but what's the limit? Our software Traditional - Desktop software We are new but already got many clients Updates requires about 15-30...

asked Feb 5 '10 at 06:57
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
2.09K Views
What is your upgrade policy for a new release?

For a desktop business application, what should the upgrade policy be? Should upgrades be free? 50% discount? What if they just bought the old version last month?

asked Feb 2 '10 at 11:10
Blank
Steve Hanov
596 points

10 Votes
4 Answers
3.52K Views
How to request a review from bloggers?

We do have a product without demo, we only give out evaluation copies to potential clients and people who'd like to do a review the product. It's a long story why we don't have a demo, suffice to...

asked Jan 20 '10 at 07:54
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

6 Votes
8 Answers
7.33K Views
What companies failed because they released too early?

Most bloggers are saying you should release early, iterate often, and fail fast. But some companies are notorious for releasing early, but then getting a bad reputation which led to their failure....

asked Dec 19 '09 at 05:41
Blank
Jason
16,231 points