Retail Questions

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.46K Views
How to get initial good reviews on Amazon for your products?

I'm a third party seller on Amazon with my own unique products. As such, there are no reviews for my products when I launch them.What are some ways to get the first 10-15 positive reviews? I have a...

asked Aug 4 '14 at 21:56
Blank
Richard Hollis
16 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
3.32K Views
Where to start for a website for Online store?

One of my Aunt buys raw materials from her Kashmiri(Indian) friends and sells hand made or designed dress materials. She doing this for quite some time and very happy doing it as its keeping her...

asked Sep 2 '13 at 14:57
Blank
Sandiip Patil
35 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.78K Views
Starting-up in FOOD. Just 1 question I can't find an answer to

For some time I was involved in tech startups a lot, and obviously used the lean methodology. Some time ago though, I got an interesting offer from a corporate (one of the largest meat processors...

asked Oct 28 '13 at 02:56
Blank
Ilja
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.92K Views
How can I prevent retail outlets from creating their own version of my product?

I'm afraid, with what I want to supply being in the fresh food realm that retail outlets may quickly create their own version of my product to cut me out of the equation. Because it's in the...

asked Oct 22 '13 at 04:40
Blank
Warren Van Rooyen
34 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.99K Views
Any rules or guidelines for unsolicited contact with retail stores?

I have a small online retail store, making products for R/C hobbyists. The advantage of my product is that it is made in the USA out of quality aircraft aluminum, versus the competition, which is...

asked Aug 7 '13 at 03:33
Blank
Chris
116 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
What should I do if profit income is always used to buy new stocks?

Now, my family business is 2 years old. Every month, we get the profit from our online retail business, specializing in apparels for baby & child. But we realize that all the money is always...

asked Apr 22 '13 at 01:28
Blank
Kalingga
245 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
3.23K Views
Spliting a partner without an operating agreement

I have been in the retail industry for over 14 years. I pitched an idea to an old friend of mine to open a mattress store about two years ago. We opened the company as an LLC. I had all the...

asked Apr 3 '13 at 10:26
Blank
Jay
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.65K Views
Sell Shares in a retail startup

I have a 50% stake in a retail online start-up that has been in business more than a year. I got accepted to business school and start in August 2013. My partner claims that I will not be motivated...

asked Dec 20 '12 at 11:06
Blank
Salesmanager
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
Can my online sellers avoid applying for EIN if I pay the tax on their sales

I have an online Fashion catalog and I want to recruit lady college students as retailers. I provide them with an online shop (under their name), So if the lady student's name is Debbie, She can...

asked Dec 1 '12 at 22:40
Blank
Guy Hyams
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.15K Views
What's the best way to get our product into stores?

A friend and I created a product, found a manufacturer for it, and are selling it online, but we need to get it into stores. We don't know anything about marketing, we are bootstrapping the...

asked Oct 30 '12 at 01:44
Blank
User21383
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.84K Views
Inventory stacking in other countries

Let's say I am based in US, and I want to sell gadgets in UK via online store. Due to shipping cost consideration, I would like to ship the gadgets to a UK location ( somewhere like a small...

asked Jul 4 '12 at 18:43
Blank
Graviton
871 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
2.01K Views
How best to manage charge backs and returns in 3rd party aggregation model?

My partners and I are working on a startup and part of our model is acting as a 3rd party aggregator of certain services, similar to a travel agent, meaning customers pay us and we pay the service...

asked Mar 13 '12 at 19:05
Blank
Dmoore
46 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.13K Views
Online Retail for the former Soviet republics

I am curious as to whether anyone has any insight into running a online retail business in the former Soviet Republics. Most of the western world is quite used to Credit Cards, and other electronic...

asked Feb 17 '12 at 09:03
Blank
Karlson
1,779 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
3.49K Views
Webhosting solutions for a startup

We have a small business that needs a webhosting solution. We will probably be able to support the following: Login to set up a shopping cart software (Magento most likely). Unlimited...

asked Dec 30 '11 at 01:31
Blank
Karlson
1,779 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.73K Views
Does anyone know of golfcentric angel investors?

I have been working on finding an investor for the LTPGA - The Less Than Perfect Golfers Association, Inc. Finding a golf-centric angel who has a sense of humor would be ideal. The basic math is...

asked Dec 27 '11 at 14:39
Blank
Bubba G
1 point

3 Votes
4 Answers
4.16K Views
How much Apple will cut my revenue from selling items (e.g. shirts) in an iPhone app?

I'm developing a "free" iphone app for selling shirts based in an Asian country. The payment method is by credit cards or wire transfer, not by Apple's in-app purchases. Does Apple allow this kind...

asked Nov 18 '11 at 18:19
Blank
Killua
68 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
3.5K Views
competing with Amazon, how to, the smart approach

For a number of months I have been thinking how to create an e-commerce solution that competes with Amazon. I came up with an idea that is probably lame, but i'd like to understand why it will not...

asked Aug 5 '11 at 23:31
Blank
Somid3
195 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
How to market and distribute an app targeted to small retailers

In the planning stage of building an app with a monthly subscription element targeted to small business merchants having 1 - 10 retail venues. Looking for any advice on a go to market strategy to...

asked Jul 17 '11 at 22:21
Blank
Dani
11 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.08K Views
How can I start an online retail business without any inventory?

I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked a thousand times. I did a search and couldn't find anything, nor did the related questions provide any answers to my question. I...

asked Jun 11 '11 at 09:05
Blank
Beachrunnerjoe
319 points