Revenue Questions

4 Votes
1 Answers
6.72K Views
What is the revenue model of websites like stackoverflow.com?

The question includes all websites under stackexchange. If someone wants to create a website like this what revenue generation models are there?

asked Jul 26 '13 at 22:29
Blank
Gaurav Goyal
47 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
Revenue share for a mobile app with an (almost) guaranted success

I have a customer who wants to pay me by sharing the revenues. He already has a good user base on his PC software version, and we both know that a mobile app should sell quite well (let's say...

asked Jun 10 '13 at 09:35
Blank
Dalmas
103 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
equity max of 23% split among "development" -- a ripoff?

I've been working on a project with three other people: one is a developer, one is a manager type, and one is a sales type. I'm a developer. The two developers were invited into the project by the...

asked Mar 29 '13 at 13:28
Blank
Brannon
146 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
Revenue Sharing Agreement I am discussing with my boss

Three years ago I got employed at the company I am working for at the moment as a software developer. The company is an ERP solutions provider in the finance, procurement and logistics industry. I...

asked Jan 14 '13 at 07:21
Blank
User22526
1 point

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.15K Views
SaaS company incentives

We run a Enterprise SaaS company. Monthly, we pay our salesmen and distributors a commission upon their clients sales. I'm afraid we're not giving incentives to software development, hardware...

asked Dec 28 '12 at 07:08
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
1.49K Views
What is revenue stream of free mobile application of games?

There are so many mobile applications or games available in mobile app stores today which they distribute for free to users. They don't even show ads in their apps. Even, some of these apps are...

asked Dec 28 '12 at 20:16
Blank
Rumit Parakhiya
110 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.8K Views
How to decide advertisement budget for a new start up company?

We have developed a platform here in India for consumers which they can also rate and review. We also provide latest informative articles, "how to" guides, etc, to educate customers. Now, we want...

asked Dec 11 '12 at 22:13
Blank
Tejash
6 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
How to choose a Ads solution for website or mobile apps that uses the profiled data?

We have a website and some mobile apps which generate significant number of daily views (say 10M). The main feature of these projects is that, in most cases, you know a lot about users interests,...

asked Nov 7 '12 at 03:27
Blank
Lukasz Dziedzia
16 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.47K Views
What is 'Surplus of Revenue'?

What is the definition of 'surplus of revenue'? My textbook's explanation of revenue doesn't cover this. For some context, here is a question from my textbook: In the financial year 2008-2009,...

asked Nov 15 '12 at 23:04
Blank
Jakee
3 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.37K Views
What is the current trend for software start-ups?

I had this question in my mind long ago. Now I'm daring to ask that. ;-) What I have learnt from current trend is that, "Internet or e-commerce is the only field for the software start-ups to get...

asked Aug 21 '12 at 14:28
Blank
Ss Hegde
60 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.64K Views
Is this break down of startups by stage normal?

Ran across this breakdown of startups applications (roughly 7000 "startups" in the database) that appears to show that less than 10% of startups looking for funding have any revenue. Seems hard to...

asked Aug 12 '12 at 11:36
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

22 Votes
2 Answers
8.29K Views
How much traffic is necessary to generate $1000 per month in advertising revenue?

One of my new ventures is a site that will be Stack Overflow for predictions. Hopefully it will be a high traffic site with many inbound links and targeted keywords. Assume all the risks bear out...

asked Jul 11 '12 at 21:32
Blank
Steve French
621 points

0 Votes
5 Answers
2.88K Views
Funding with no revenue but have traction

If you have a startup that is free for all users and does not generate revenue, but the site/product is used by a lot of people so you have a lot of users, would a VC potentially give you funding...

asked Jul 21 '12 at 08:23
Blank
Lulu
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.97K Views
Please explain to me , how does software like SMPlayer or VLC or UMPlayer do revenue (all open source)

as software developer, i can't understand how does software's like SMPlayer or VLC or UMPlayer do there revenue , they all open-source they all downloaded Millions of times they all professional...

asked Jul 22 '12 at 21:40
Blank
Meir
238 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.42K Views
How do I determine the optimal price to maximize profit from a contest?

We are trying to setup a contest at my school where contestants have to pay to enter and compete. We have enough money to cover a grand prize, as well as other minor prizes. According to my naive...

asked Jun 16 '12 at 09:02
Blank
Paul
111 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
4.07K Views
Revenue from iOS apps with Apple's iAds

I have a free iOS app with about 2000 daily active users. I just submitted an app update that includes Apple's iAds. Now I'm curious about how much revenue I can generate with this user count. I...

asked Jun 29 '12 at 13:16
Blank
Sunday Monday
167 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.41K Views
How to estimate revenues with several business model options?

How would you estimate the revenues on a business plan if you have several possible business models (i.g. Freemium and/or Advertisement). The revenues could be generated by one or a combination of...

asked May 21 '12 at 00:54
Blank
Gian
6 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.04K Views
Do companies get taxed on money deposited by owners?

I just started a business (startup) and wanted to do the right thing by having a bank account for the company and putting all the business expenses on the business account. Now, I am in NY and I...

asked May 3 '12 at 00:24
Blank
Ariel
138 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.29K Views
Who are the leading web advertising sales reps in the world? What kind of traffic do I need to have to get their attention?

I've tried feeding the question to Google, and various smaller alternatives of it too, but this seems to be the only page with even tangentially relevant info. My ultimate goal is to sell...

asked Mar 31 '12 at 21:52
Blank
Aditya Menon
112 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
Do you need to "be a company" to make money online?

A friend and I have a great startup idea which we plan to put into action at the beginning of the summer. We've also worked some revenues into our business model by allowing users to pay for some...

asked Apr 4 '12 at 10:22
Blank
Max Mackie
166 points