Revenue Questions

1 Votes
0 Answers
1.84K Views
percentage for revenue developer and sales man

Possible Duplicate: Forming a new software startup, how do I allocate ownership fairly? Im a developer of mobile apps [mostly iOS, a bit of android]. I work by day on iOS development, with a few...

asked Feb 13 '12 at 14:21
Blank
Ma Ko
106 points

8 Votes
7 Answers
3.66K Views
How Much Can I Sell My SaaS Product Currently Earning Me $2,000/month?

I have a web service targeted at web designers that currently earns about $2,000 per month in revenue. It is a SaaS business and my customers have been with me for years and we are growing (albeit...

asked Feb 18 '12 at 15:20
Blank
Anonymous
43 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.26K Views
how does an existing company roll in new revenue models into existing ones?

I've got a consulting business built around my personal skills and offerings. I've picked up a few sales people to help increase work volume (currently part-time outside of a day-job). The company...

asked Jan 26 '12 at 07:23
Blank
Patrickgamer
234 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
Public transit app: possible revenues and IP issues?

I am looking at developing a website sort of like ones that NY-area commuter railroads have, showing train departure times and tracks. One major transit hub near me has no central location for this...

asked Jan 30 '12 at 10:19
Blank
User6492
1,747 points

4 Votes
7 Answers
2.63K Views
Will Open-Sourcing my SaaS solution positively impact revenue?

I have yet to go public with my SaaS startup, and am considering releasing it under an open-source license. Below are some thoughts I've collated in answer to this question: No As competitors...

asked Jan 16 '12 at 21:13
Blank
A T
38 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
Where to seek the right sales executives working on a revenue share basis?

We're a startup company providing payment services/network/platform, we are similar but not like conventional payment service providers. The product has just been developed, compliance is underway...

asked Jan 3 '12 at 00:59
Blank
Justin
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
What to choose: freeware, shareware or software?

This question seems appropriate for programmers as well as for startups A few years ago I've developed a program that has a steady group of users. It became quite popular and now we have close to...

asked Dec 12 '11 at 19:23
Blank
Zyphrax
106 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.55K Views
Revenue / user growth projection for UGC-social-startup business plan

I have to write a business plan and I'm stuck on the revenue and business projection part. We're building a platform that is all about user-generated-content concerning a certain topic. It also...

asked Dec 15 '11 at 11:38
Blank
Beorex
6 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
3.88K Views
Which websites successfully make money just from ads?

I'm wondering how many websites are actually successful at making money purely off ads. Clearly the search engines do, but apart from them can you point out specific sites which have successful...

asked Nov 16 '11 at 08:29
Blank
Yarin
147 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
4.16K Views
How much Apple will cut my revenue from selling items (e.g. shirts) in an iPhone app?

I'm developing a "free" iphone app for selling shirts based in an Asian country. The payment method is by credit cards or wire transfer, not by Apple's in-app purchases. Does Apple allow this kind...

asked Nov 18 '11 at 18:19
Blank
Killua
68 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
Ads or no Ads for a web app?

I'm just about to release my first publicly available web app, and I'm wondering what type of revenue model to use. Basically, the entire idea of the app is that it does not require log ins, so,...

asked Nov 7 '11 at 08:15
Blank
Dhaivat Pandya
111 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.86K Views
Splitting up revenue

My partner and I decided to split up a partnership (things just weren't working out between us). We have some apps on the market that are still generating revenue, we decided the best thing to do...

asked Nov 4 '11 at 05:31
Blank
Edgar Miranda
230 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.59K Views
CPC v/s CPM Which one is better

So i have got investors for my website(say), and in order to pay them back ( :P ) i have to start making revenues from the very first day i guess, and i heard about these two methods: CPC AND...

asked Oct 3 '11 at 23:37
Blank
Kraken
133 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
Monetizing your website: how do you setup an affiliated vendor?

I have two websites that have to do with health. I originally made them just to practice SEO, and since now I am an SEO guru, they get lots of traffic. The problem is that those sites only get...

asked Sep 8 '11 at 02:49
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
3.27K Views
How to make revenue and user acquisition projections for product which is not launched yet?

How can you make revenue and user acquisition projections before launching your product? And are they worth anything?

asked Aug 28 '11 at 12:11
Blank
Gagan
150 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
6.38K Views
Where do I find company information for revenue projections?

I'd like to get the information for Groupon or another web 2.0 company to see their revenue, subscriber, traffic, etc. curves for our business plan financial projections. They are a close model to...

asked Aug 7 '11 at 03:04
Blank
Kirk Strobeck
80 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
1.56K Views
What can I do to increase revenue?

I have developed a tool, and I have gotten a great response from it. I have 400+ registered users and 15 paid users without any ads and stuff. Paid users pay $5.99/month to use this tool. Now I...

asked Jul 2 '11 at 06:02
Blank
Yuvraj
57 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.85K Views
What is a fair revenue split for a boardgame brought onto the iPad

I would like to bring an existing boardgame onto the iPad. The owner of the boardgame and the idea behind the game is positive for negotiations and asked me to find out what a fair market / revenue...

asked Jul 4 '11 at 01:22
Blank
Marcus K
48 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.27K Views
Money Maker - Android/BlackBerry/Windows Phone?

As per the recent report published by Distimo, very few developers are actually making money (by selling apps) in Android store. The figures actually look quite depressing for android developers...

asked Jun 2 '11 at 15:46
Blank
Ali
179 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.88K Views
How to handle tiny income streams?

As a site owner, I often get emails from random people about doing blog posts, asking for promotions, etc. This amounts to a tiny income stream, often at random timing and rate. The transactions...

asked May 1 '11 at 07:09
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points