Revenue Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.89K Views
Working out key financials

Hi i am writing my business plan, I have identified my potential revenue streams such as; 1) Ticketing and Merchandising 2) Advertising As well as a few others, however how do you go about...

asked Apr 11 '11 at 07:49
Blank
Pmillio
57 points

9 Votes
3 Answers
2.64K Views
How long was it before you started generating revenue?

For a software business, how long did it take to get: Your first $1 in revenue? Your first $100 in revenue? Your first $10,000 in revenue? Your first $100,000 in revenue? Intent Hopefully we can...

asked Apr 14 '11 at 14:16
Blank
Clinton
101 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
3.03K Views
How much is this site worth?

I own a site that on which I "practiced" SEO. It isn't a real business. I only make money from it by putting Google AdSense and right now it makes just under $100 per month and growing, although I...

asked Apr 3 '11 at 14:16
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.57K Views
How to share income of selling iPhone apps with a friend/partner

I plan to develop an iPhone app with my friend. Each of us is specialized in different parts of the app. For example, I am responsible for interface design and server-side programming while my...

asked Jan 26 '11 at 14:04
Blank
Killua
68 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.44K Views
startup just entering revenue phase

Company looks like this: investor = input money only 30% share founder/developer (me) = input money ( about 1/2 what investor has ) and tons of sweat equity 1+ year 40% share developer = sweat...

asked Jan 10 '11 at 16:09
Blank
Sysconfig
13 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
5.47K Views
Business model for a White-labelled service

I've been asked by a client to create a White-label service similar to an existing product I have. The service will have the client's logo on it. The customers they bring to the service wouldn't be...

asked Nov 24 '10 at 07:00
Blank
Soitgoes
23 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.65K Views
Sharing ad revenue with partner on same website

I am considering starting a website with a partner. Revenues will be purely ad related. Is it ok to use two different Adsense IDs on the same website/webpages? I mean: would that comply with the...

asked Nov 30 '10 at 10:13
Blank
Tucson
714 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.95K Views
What do you think about inserting affiliate link into free desktop app

Hi I have small desktop music application that is downloaded few hundred times each month Its small utility that handles mp3 files, I wander what is the best model to get some kind of revenue out...

asked Sep 1 '10 at 16:58
Blank
Meir
238 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.56K Views
The business of free

This is a question there in mind for long time. There are hundreds of free services in web which doesn't have any ads or anything. It's totally free. Angels are raising fund these company and...

asked Sep 23 '10 at 10:08
Blank
Sarat
134 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.34K Views
whats the link between unique visitors and estmated revenue?

I know this is one of those 'how long is a piece of string' type questions. Yes, I also know it depends on the market segment/space etc, etc. However, I still need to ask this questions, as I need...

asked Jun 16 '10 at 09:54
Blank
Morpheous
236 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
3.7K Views
'Best' revenue sharing models for the web?

Although not running a charity, I like the moral/ethics surrounding revenue sharing business models, as I am socially aware, and like the idea of sharing money meritocratically amongst those who...

asked Jun 19 '10 at 18:54
Blank
Morpheous
236 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.8K Views
VC funding and determination of a revenue model

In a recent group chat hosted by Joel Spolsky regarding the Stackoverflow Series A funding round, Spolsky was asked: "How do you envision making a profit?" to which Spolsky replied: "...the...

asked May 8 '10 at 11:06
Blank
Howie
148 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.19K Views
Lead generation

We are building a web app where lead gen will be a major component. I would like to get more information about implementing it What are the best ways to incorporate lead gen in the...

asked Apr 9 '10 at 06:13
Blank
User2202
164 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.63K Views
Online advertisement revenue sharing

I would like to know some details about online advertisement revenue sharing. I am planning a website in one particular vertical i.e. fashion jewelry. I am planning to attract user with revenue...

asked Apr 12 '10 at 09:08
Blank
Beginner
26 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.87K Views
Looking for current data on realistic ad revenue for a user generated content web site

We're launching a user generated content web site in late 2Q. I'm looking to get a realistic view of revenue opportunities from impressions and per click ads. The site will serve members across...

asked Mar 6 '10 at 12:28
Blank
Warren E. Hart
2,181 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.36K Views
How many visistors to get a business going?

I know that this question depends on what kind of business one is in. But if you where to get a healthy business out of a website based on advertising how many monthly users would you need to...

asked Mar 9 '10 at 07:59
Blank
Thom Pete
1,296 points

2 Votes
8 Answers
6.41K Views
IRS taxes with 0 revenue in first year

I created a corporation last fall and made no revenues (or expenses) in 2009. I obtained an EIN from the IRS and they asked me to file form 1120 for 2009. What is the best way to do this? is it...

asked Mar 11 '10 at 05:02
Blank
Nicolas K.
111 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
5.94K Views
I'd like to know if owners of sites like Onstartups.com and Startups.com have any revenue off of these websites?

and if not is there a possibility of having revenue from a site like this one?

asked Nov 7 '09 at 17:06
Blank
Arman Arami
399 points

9 Votes
8 Answers
6.07K Views
Is advertising still a viable revenue model these days?

Based on your experience, is advertising still a viable revenue model these days? I know that Google makes money from their ads systems. But what about other site like Facebook? I heard their ads...

asked Nov 17 '09 at 14:50
Blank
Jpartogi
1,342 points