Review Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.97K Views
What is a resonable offer for a first employee?

A hardware company is keen to hire employee #1 at $42k/y salary and 0.5% equity (common) with a 4 year vest, 1 year cliff. The company has been around in one guise or another for ~1 year (though...

asked Jul 16 '14 at 23:22
Blank
User34083
11 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.44K Views
How to get initial good reviews on Amazon for your products?

I'm a third party seller on Amazon with my own unique products. As such, there are no reviews for my products when I launch them.What are some ways to get the first 10-15 positive reviews? I have a...

asked Aug 4 '14 at 21:56
Blank
Richard Hollis
16 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.07K Views
Building a reviews website: how can I get samples from companies to review?

I looking to build a niche CNET type of site. My niche is reviewing fitness products like FitBit. How can I get companies to provide me a review unit? I would return it back after testing it out...

asked Mar 2 '14 at 02:22
Blank
Brenda Carpenter
45 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.52K Views
How to contact app reviewers of a different app for feedback?

I am developing an Android app which would be competing with a few different apps in the same space and I see a few bad comments on the competitors' apps. I am seeking advice and insight on what...

asked Sep 23 '13 at 19:46
Blank
Ayrton Senna
124 points

-1 Votes
3 Answers
2.03K Views
Question from a start-up ratings site. how does yelp assign price ratings?

e.g. restaurants are rated as $/$$ etc. Menupages.com does the same. We are building a specific kind of ratings site and want to add this feature. Just wondering if this is a manual process or a...

asked Apr 5 '13 at 22:58
Blank
User25771
5 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.32K Views
Where to get software review?

I'm trying to push my friend's software to Wikipedia, to do this I need real software reviews, but that seems impossible to get it, I've written emails (with our software free licenses for them, we...

asked Dec 5 '12 at 05:13
Blank
Bartosz Wójcik
111 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.84K Views
Where to get a Paid Software/Code Review

I have written a pretty extensive webapp and it is going to go live in the next fews weeks and before I really publicize it I want to get some professionals to review it for optimization and best...

asked Dec 5 '12 at 08:17
Blank
Clifgray
200 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.24K Views
Alternative to expensive legal contract review?

I have a partnership agreement I'd like a second opinion on, but I can't afford a lawyer right now. What other resources are out there? I've found a web-based contract review site that uses...

asked Oct 6 '12 at 04:13
Blank
Jim
4 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.06K Views
What time of the year to review your company strategy?

At what time during the year do you review your company strategy, making sure you are working towards something useful, and set goal for the months ahead? This question is being asked in the...

asked Dec 19 '11 at 19:11
Blank
Paul Filmer
790 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.08K Views
Creating a one-page online review intake form

Is this something we could do ourselves quickly, perhaps with an off the shelf solution? We have no programming experience. Otherwise what language would we need to learn to do it? This does not...

asked Nov 15 '11 at 00:03
Blank
D Moore
174 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
Whether to allow anonymous reviews

My partner and I are working on a site featuring 3rd party services that will include user reviews of those services. Some of the service providers we would feature (our customers) have suggested...

asked Oct 28 '11 at 22:17
Blank
D Moore
174 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
What is the tipping point for user reviews

I have searched the site but did not see any answers addressing the following question on gathering user reviews: Specifically, I have read a number of accounts suggesting that there is some...

asked Oct 12 '11 at 06:25
Blank
D Moore
174 points

12 Votes
10 Answers
4.2K Views
Where can I get feedback or have my site reviewed?

There are many questions asked on this site about getting a website reviewed or feedback on a site that has just been released. Given that this type of question is so common and it is a need of...

asked Nov 16 '10 at 07:56
Blank
Xiaohouzi79
1,257 points

1 Votes
7 Answers
6.38K Views
How do I get reviews for my newly launched review website?

I recently 'soft' launched a site focused on providing a platform for people to read and write reviews about hotel gyms and fitness centers. I want to slowly start marketing the website but really...

asked Mar 4 '10 at 17:46
Blank
Mmorel
16 points