Salary Questions

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.98K Views
How much equity + salary should a Technical CoFounder get?

I am unable to decide how much should I get by reading the meta thread about equity hence I am asking it here. I got offer as a technical partner in one web based start-up from two business guys...

asked Mar 26 '13 at 19:08
Blank
Abhijit Navale
245 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
It is common for salaries to stay below market rate even after an initial venture round?

I am employee #1 in a startup with some substantial equity in it. Our startup was funded by angel money and I have worked from the beginning for a salary way below market rate. Now, venture round...

asked Mar 17 '13 at 02:55
Blank
User25504
16 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
Buy out scenario and bringing on an equity investor

A company has $180,000 invested into it. In order to buy out a partner I need $88,000. My current manager wants to invest in the company and I am encouraging it in order to keep a long-term...

asked Mar 19 '13 at 03:06
Blank
Kimberley
11 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.2K Views
Do Open Finances and Wages Build Trust in a Company?

Please only answer if you have personal experience with this topic. I've been hearing of more and more companies that choose to openly display their finances and/or employee wages to all employees...

asked Feb 28 '13 at 02:25
Blank
Jeremiah Prummer
441 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.28K Views
Single Employee S Corp - Wage/Salary Options

I'm starting a self-employed S-Corp to perform software development services for which I will charge an hourly rate. I'm setting myself up as the sole employee of the S-Corp and will pay myself...

asked Mar 1 '13 at 08:46
Blank
User25256
6 points

2 Votes
0 Answers
2.97K Views
how to proceed with negotiations with contractor/early employee

Possible Duplicate: Forming a new software startup, how do I allocate ownership fairly? I am one of three cofounders at an early stage startup. We have been working with an outsourced developer...

asked Jan 21 '13 at 09:55
Blank
B B
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.91K Views
SaaS founders incentives: Business and Technology

We are two 50/50 founders of an enterprise SaaS company. both cofounders are tech people with a good grasp of business knowledge. Mainly, one of our cofounders brought most of our clients and...

asked Dec 28 '12 at 07:14
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.54K Views
Salary to expect for a "well-funded" Manhattan startup

I have a second interview this week for a "well funded Manhattan Startup". They are looking to fulfill the position of both Account Manager and Business Development Manager. I am coming from a very...

asked Nov 19 '12 at 16:07
Blank
Bob
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
Having hard time to decide for a lead dev position in a start-up (Paris)

I am in the following situation where i got an offer to join a start-up in Paris for a lead ios dev position. The field they are working on is a mix of technology and art which really fit to my...

asked Oct 30 '12 at 16:19
Blank
Tiguero
106 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.77K Views
equity explained for a developer

I've seen job listings for developers that offer salary + equity. Can someone please explain equity with an example or two? What is the typically amount of equity for a developer? Is there any...

asked Oct 8 '12 at 17:43
Blank
Wwwuser
125 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.45K Views
Salary and profit distribution in game industry?

A couple years ago, I started a group/team of passionate people in game development. I was the one who had the idea to form a group that will (hopefully) later be a company/real studio. I was the...

asked Oct 9 '12 at 19:12
Blank
Drowneath
21 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.03K Views
Joining startup question on salary

I've been approach by a startup to join them. I'm currently making 80k USD as a developer, not knowing much about the startup world. What would you consider a reasonable offer from them? Knowing...

asked Sep 6 '12 at 03:32
Blank
Pdiddy
108 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.41K Views
From where employees get their salary?

We are incorporating a company, and it is decided that the investor will have 51% shares and divide the remaining 49% shares amongst the five founders. 51% + 49% = 100% share. That leaves zero...

asked Aug 7 '12 at 02:50
Blank
Akshat Nigam
50 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.67K Views
Business Plan question on owner equity

This is my first business so excuse me. I'm establishing a salary for myself as an employee but suppose I wanted a percentage of sold goods also. Should that be included in the budget against sales...

asked Jun 1 '12 at 01:09
Blank
Chieftec
10 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
No Income on S-corp currently. What happens when the S-corp starts generating income?

I want to start a S-corp. The company will not generate any income atleast of for 1 year. Probably after a year the company may start generating some income. I also have a fulltime job. When the...

asked Apr 15 '12 at 00:28
Blank
Ragha J
4 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.84K Views
What is the salary for an experienced social marketer?

I'm looking to hire a experienced professional on a part-time contact basis to manage the online marketing of my smartphone app. Our focus will be social media. I've found many qualified people on...

asked Mar 17 '12 at 07:13
Blank
Barry Fruitman
119 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.67K Views
Choose to pay the employees a little too much or a little too less?

We tend to think that the fair value of a work is the price of it, but it's hard to appreciate. As a web startup, what do you think is the best strategy, keep the pay a little too less to keep the...

asked Mar 22 '12 at 01:12
Blank
Hartator
116 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.33K Views
Paying self on start-up business

I'm a technical person, something is puzzling me. Why do owners of business startups have to pay themselves when they're just starting a business? It doesn't seem to make sense, because it's like...

asked Mar 9 '12 at 14:37
Blank
Chuacw
109 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
4.57K Views
If I incorporate, when do I have to start paying myself a salary?

I plan to incorporate, mainly for the liability protection. My business is Internet-based and the operational costs are quite low, so I plan to fund everything out of my own pocket, and I have the...

asked Feb 22 '12 at 23:56
Blank
Patrick Kenny
277 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.43K Views
Commission or Compensation for a Regional Outside Salesman for a Product-Based Business?

My Company & Personal Background I have never hired/managed a sales person, but I would like to hire my first. From when I founded the company 3 years ago up until now, I've only received...

asked Feb 13 '12 at 08:09
Blank
Clint
695 points