Salary Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.32K Views
Founders' salaries

Need help. Startup. Several founders. Got investments n$. Worked for free after getting investments 6 months. Reached and even more, KPIs, Investors are very happy. Now new round with new investors...

asked Jun 14 '11 at 06:38
Blank
Founder
6 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
2.68K Views
can I justify a (modest) salary for myself?

The situation is as follows. There are 3 investors: Me, founder & MD 75% of shares, invested 500k Relative 1, 15% of shares, invested 630K Relative 2, 10% of shares, invested 500k (as a loan...

asked Jun 19 '11 at 00:47
Blank
Menno
36 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
4.15K Views
Paying Friend/Programmer/Developer to code Startup Website. Also give Percentage? How to keep Accountable?

I have an income and a website idea. I know nothing about programming. I have a friend who is a programmer, comp-sci major, and so to get my idea created into a website I am paying them an hourly...

asked Jun 11 '11 at 16:06
Blank
Zach
11 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
8.16K Views
Sales commission for SAAS startups

We are a SAAS startup with an average MRR of $300. We are planning to have both in-house and outside sales agents (without salary but 20-30% commission). What is the sales commission model you...

asked May 28 '11 at 06:01
Blank
User8226
197 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.51K Views
Can I file a wage claim if my base salary is below 24k a year?

I was told by a lawyer that I can file a wage claim against the startup I've been working with for the last 3 years. I am in the middle of equity talks with the owners of the startup. I want to use...

asked May 28 '11 at 07:01
Blank
Anthony
26 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.41K Views
Good resource for getting labor rates for developers around the world?

Looking to bring on some developers and using sites like Vworker.com. While looking for prices to offer I'd like to get an idea of what is a good price and a poor price for developers in different...

asked May 19 '11 at 06:29
Blank
John Bogrand
2,210 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
3.52K Views
Do newly funded startups offer salaries which are comparable to market rate?

There was some talk in the media about how it is hard to find talent. There were some comments that actually the real problem is that salaries offered by new startups are way under market, thus a...

asked May 16 '11 at 16:41
Blank
User10483
208 points

7 Votes
5 Answers
3.07K Views
If newly funded startups offer salaries which are not comparable to market rate, then how they can attract top talent and be successful?

This question is related to the question: "Do newly funded startups offer salaries which are comparable to market rate? " Apparently, it is quite common for startups to offer salaries which are...

asked May 17 '11 at 14:46
Blank
User10483
208 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.18K Views
Options Paying a co-partner in an LLC

My partner and I are starting an LLC in california. We are in different financial situations, I have enough of a nest-egg to not take a salary, he does not and needs an income asap. We have also...

asked Mar 28 '11 at 13:28
Blank
Dbh21
6 points

12 Votes
3 Answers
4.98K Views
Venture Capital and paying yourself a Salary

I'm currently working full time for an employer of mine. I've run numerous small business on the side, including a web software company, a web design company, and a forum... but now I'm working...

asked Mar 15 '11 at 22:58
Blank
Nick
1,171 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
4.03K Views
What kind of sales commission plan is Groupon using?

Groupon has been hiring sales people like crazy. Their turnover is probably very high but the sheer number of salespeople that they are adding to their company every month is something crazy to a...

asked Mar 18 '11 at 23:15
Blank
Michael Pryor
2,250 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
Innovation, collaboration and knowledge sharing

I have an innovative idea that I want to put onto the market, but I still have to develop the idea into a product. I know a few companies that have the knowledge I am looking for. What is the best...

asked Feb 10 '11 at 23:46
Blank
Bruggew
21 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.22K Views
What are "other" salary charges? (Europe)

I just found this post on HN: It may be pretty hard to compare US and foreign offers. For instance, in France, you'd be earning 36000 euros in cash --what's landing on your account --, however...

asked Jan 27 '11 at 20:02
Blank
Znq
164 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.15K Views
Equity for strategic hires?

We're a small (but growing) consulting firm with software to be developed as a side stream (yes, I know this is an original story :)). 3 partners, equal equity. We've worked with a few people in...

asked Jan 16 '11 at 02:09
Blank
Sean
1,149 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.38K Views
STARTUP: partnership or hire?

Ok I invested in my business and built the software, now got to run it! If I hire my friend, to do all this business, and I do all things technical. How should I pay him? 1) salary 2) with...

asked Dec 17 '10 at 17:35
Blank
167 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.04K Views
How to hire a salesman?

Usually salesmen have a base pay and then commission on each sale. I want to know how a company handles this? I mean for example a salesman's basic pay is $1000 and commission ratio is 10% for each...

asked Oct 30 '10 at 23:55
Blank
Dr. Zuni
11 points

11 Votes
6 Answers
14.8K Views
What is a typical salary for a mobile developer?

I am trying to gauge the general salary to pay a mobile developer. In this case, the developers' skills would include a year or more of Android and iOS experience, with proven apps in the market...

asked Oct 1 '10 at 02:17
Blank
Sheehan Alam
194 points

1 Votes
8 Answers
3.35K Views
Typical Pay or am I being taken advantage of

I have an internship for a small engineering company in the USA. I have been working about three years now. What started as an internship turned into a full-out job, and I have worked to take a...

asked Aug 26 '10 at 16:16
Blank
User4070
8 points

4 Votes
12 Answers
4.54K Views
Would you hire offshore developers?

What's your opinion? Should US-based startup hire offshore web developers to reduce costs? Is it worth it? How would you find them? How much would you pay them per hour of work?

asked May 28 '10 at 04:14
Blank
Pawel A
191 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
4.23K Views
Salary Ranges and Levels on a US-Based Startup

How much salary do people get in a US-based startup company that is less than 3 years old and doesn't have traction? Factors are: - experience (college undergrad with tons of dev experience,...

asked Mar 10 '10 at 11:47
Blank
Leypascua
5 points