Scale Questions

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.45K Views
“I need to scale up”. What does that mean?

I was reading an interview, and the entrepreneur was asked if he had any funding for his startup. He answered with " I need to scale up first". What does he mean by this ?

asked Feb 7 '12 at 01:03
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.62K Views
Scalable business models and the state of European integration

I have heard that there is lot has been done to make the European market tightly integrated (universal regulations across European Union, etc). So, I wonder if it is easier now to create a...

asked Jan 23 '12 at 02:22
Blank
Martin Lee
120 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.96K Views
Is ability to scale critical for the success of startup?

Many successfull former startups are currently well-established companies in BigData space. That means that their key technical competence is in handling the large volumes of data. Question is:...

asked Sep 24 '11 at 06:51
Blank
Tom Burger
108 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.57K Views
Head count planning for a growing start up - any processes, books, templates?

As a growing start up, we need to plan for new people in every deparment (some of these are just 1 person, but future departments). So Sales has its plan to double sales this year; meanwhile other...

asked Jun 1 '11 at 07:51
Blank
Paroon Chadha
61 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.12K Views
Do you have rules in place for doing something manually vs. creating an automated system?

I've heard from many successful entrepreneurs that only your job as a startup founder is to constantly be creating systems; However, There's a huge trade-off though between trying new experiments...

asked Mar 2 '11 at 04:32
Blank
Andy Cook
2,309 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
2.53K Views
Company Size Question

I have a "one man band" software company. My revenues are about $250,000 per year with 90% margins. I know my levers of growth, and expect to be 1 Million per year in about 18 months time, with...

asked Nov 4 '10 at 02:51
Blank
Jacare 30
71 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.58K Views
Hosting Options for a Review Site

I am part of a start up site that will review restaurants. We are in the process of finding the right hosting provider. What would be the option for an application like ours? We want the...

asked Aug 25 '10 at 13:09
Blank
Emon
106 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.17K Views
At what stage should a start-up start worrying about scalability?

Background: For the past few weeks I have been working on the minimum viable product for a hosted CMS idea that I have and for the note I'm not looking for any opinions on the CMS industry or the...

asked Jan 12 '10 at 14:09
Blank
Dheer Gupta
191 points