Seed Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.43K Views
Best thing you did for your startup in the early days?

What was the one thing you did for your startup in the beginning stage that had the most positive effect in it's success?

asked Mar 10 '14 at 22:02
Blank
Stephanie Grasso
15 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Would VCs consider a site sold on auction to be a proven founder?

I have sold a website of mine on Flippa for high five figures. Would that work in my favor when trying to raise money for a startup idea? Or is that too small to even matter and not worth mentioning?

asked Mar 5 '14 at 06:06
Blank
Carla Blair
30 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.77K Views
When is the best time to look for seed funding for a web-based app - before launch or after?

I have been developing a web-based eCommerce niche app for the past year and am getting close to launching. While I cannot disclose too many details, lets just call it a sort of Shopify, but taking...

asked Jul 2 '13 at 22:01
Blank
User1227914
131 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.63K Views
Seed funding question

We are in our seed round and the investors are asking for preferred shares of the company and terms that they own a percentage of the code/software and a percentage of the patent rights. We are...

asked Nov 30 '12 at 14:46
Blank
Devin Shavenoff
8 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
3.19K Views
What if we got funded?

What if we got seed funding (say $350k) and needed to find an iOS developer and backend web developer right away. Do you: a) Hire an agency to help develop the app b) Find a freelancer to...

asked Aug 13 '12 at 07:46
Blank
Ender Parker
12 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.68K Views
Where can I find international seed investors?

We have just lauched a website for our upcoming SPARQL Database Server. We would like to attract the interest of international seed investors, but we are not sure where to start looking. We are...

asked Jan 23 '12 at 22:31
Blank
Inge Henriksen
101 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Approached by investors from overseas

What types of things do I need to consider if I get approached from a venture fund overseas? I had an early-stage venture fund from Germany contact me looking to learn more about our startup and...

asked Jun 5 '11 at 05:46
Blank
Nick
1,171 points