Selling Questions

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.94K Views
Value based pricing

"Pricing is actually pretty simple... customers will not pay literally a penny more than the true value of the product" With that in mind, how do you determine the real differentiating value of a...

asked Aug 22 '13 at 01:09
Blank
Bhttoan
735 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.3K Views
How should I pre-sell software that right now is in development and looks ugly?

We're almost finished developing our first test build of an iPad app for small businesses wholesale companies. It is black and white, no style, design or anything. It basically does the core...

asked Feb 14 '13 at 14:29
Blank
Sguptaet
242 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.13K Views
Is sending email a good way to validate an idea with developer companies

So I have built a prototype and I want to validate the idea. Basically it is a social media data mining tool for developers to get feedback for their apps. We retrieve unstructured data from...

asked Nov 28 '12 at 09:51
Blank
Woojah
113 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.03K Views
Have any advice on getting good at sales?

We're ready to start selling our (free) software product to local businesses. Don't worry, we make money another way :) So, by selling, I mean of course, pitching them and getting them to use the...

asked Oct 8 '12 at 02:23
Blank
User18631
16 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
1.97K Views
New product launch/test - offering refund for feedback

I am launching a new product this week. Basically, it's an educational series of PDFs and video instructions. Not a membership site, but more like a multimedia ebook. Since this is the first...

asked Aug 28 '12 at 07:39
Blank
Jeff Gaudette
45 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
Can i sell my Blog somewhere?

Possible Duplicate: How to sell a website? I own a blog earlier its has alexa ranking as well. Its a technical blog where we used to update about the recent software, technical concepts,...

asked May 11 '12 at 22:38
Blank
Amod0017
121 points

11 Votes
4 Answers
2.19K Views
Selling a Startup

I have invested a few years and thousands of dollars into a startup. I have a few thousand users. Unfortunately, little revenue. I believe the revenue potential is real, and I believe it is there....

asked May 15 '12 at 23:30
Blank
User70192
158 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
Selling online products purchased from the market

Are there any rules and regulations when selling products purchased from the market in an online store? This is not affiliate/commission based selling. I'm purchasing products for the retail...

asked Apr 6 '12 at 11:37
Blank
Sara
101 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.52K Views
Business model to sell an innovative and complex enterprise SaaS application

Our Startup company developed a web application for Data Analysis in Marketing. It's a B2B product that is innovative and complex. Although the app is very simple to use, the elaboration of the...

asked Mar 2 '12 at 06:39
Blank
João Daniel
111 points

8 Votes
4 Answers
2.86K Views
How to respond to an offer to purchase a domain name

A few years ago, I had an idea for a startup. I registered a domain name, Twitter account and formed an LLC but haven't done much since. I've just been emailed by an individual at Sedo asking if...

asked Feb 11 '12 at 02:01
Blank
Chris
43 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
4.03K Views
How would you convince a domain owner to sell his domain to you?

I'm wanting to have a domain name for my business that has already been registered by someone but that he is not using. He is offering it to me for $1000 (which is too much for me) and I offered...

asked Feb 13 '12 at 16:04
Blank
Aditya
18 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.43K Views
Selling a small project that got big

I have a possible opportunity to sell a small web application that started as a personal project and got a significant amount of press. The company that may buy it would benefit from owning the...

asked Feb 1 '12 at 11:42
Blank
Fred
23 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.64K Views
how to sell software product services online

I am based at India and have one developed product which is targeting to Indian market. It can be changed easily to cater western market too. Along with that we have consulting and project...

asked Feb 2 '12 at 15:57
Blank
Denish
13 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.67K Views
Product Internationalization: How would I do?

My Website is out and think it is a great product that makes link between professionals and individuals about jobs: you can look for quotation or propose quotations. (I'm not trying to advertise...

asked Jan 18 '12 at 21:45
Blank
Olivier Pons
144 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.46K Views
How to get excited about selling?

I usually like selling our new product, but today I'm not very excited about it. It really reflects on the feeling in my sales-calls. How do I get more excited about it?

asked Jan 24 '12 at 01:09
Blank
Kristoffer Nolgren
113 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
5.47K Views
How to sell idea to schools

I have an app idea that I'm working on to help school kids with bullying. I discussed this with a local vice principal and he liked the idea. I'm a developer and am learning to develop mobile apps,...

asked Dec 31 '11 at 03:02
Blank
Will
6 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
1.76K Views
How to sell cardboard game

Okay. I have a prototype and design of a cardboard game. I need to figure out a way of selling it.I was thinking: print a small volume and sell on amazon, ebay and related websites? or contact...

asked Jan 8 '12 at 06:12
Blank
User194076
157 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.18K Views
Is there any place to post ideas and sell patents?

Everyone has their own ideas. Some patented ideas may be useful for company growth. Many companies look for innovative ideas. Is there any place to post patented ideas so that companies seeking...

asked Dec 18 '11 at 21:06
Blank
Gimp
427 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.75K Views
Small Manufacturing (softgoods) question

I invented seven products related to cooking. I have paid for/budgeted for incorporation and provisional patent attorneys, monthly expenses, and an accountant. In February (PPA files in Jan) I will...

asked Dec 23 '11 at 03:58
Blank
Kelly Cooper
88 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.14K Views
Selling my share of a very small startup

I'm walking away from a startup I helped build. It's just me and my (ex) partner (walking away because our relationship has soured), and we have a 50/50 financial split, and I also have 40% voting...

asked Dec 8 '11 at 06:53
Blank
Dnr
170 points