Selling Questions

-1 Votes
3 Answers
1.69K Views
Should I take on a marketing partner to sell my product ideas

I am having good success with freelance sites over the last three years. I want to take the next step now: create my own products and services, with the goal of generating stable cash flow, so I...

asked Nov 22 '11 at 23:32
Blank
Arshdeep
99 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
6.33K Views
What are the ways to sell desktop applications

I'm figuring the ways to sell software online. I want a service that is easy to use. PayPal is good, but I'm not sure if most of the people have PayPal. Also Fortumo is a good service, it works in...

asked Nov 2 '11 at 21:51
Blank
Blez
126 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.57K Views
Service to handle online sales of software

I am selling a little niche app on the app store. http:www.finaltouchapp.com For several reasons I also want to sell it directly from the web page. Are there any out of the box solutions that you...

asked Oct 20 '11 at 06:33
Blank
Thom Pete
1,296 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.2K Views
What happens to the "Founder" status once I sell my startup

I founded and was running a twitter tool all by myself. I was the sole Founder, CEO,CFO and whatnot. But, now that I have sold the tool, what happens to my Founder status? Can I still brag the...

asked Oct 21 '11 at 19:28
Blank
Kpl
138 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.04K Views
How to sell my idea?

I have an idea patented. I believe that its worthy and will be useful for companies of a kind. Well, 1) how can I approach the company with my idea, 2) Is it possible to sell it as a license? (Like...

asked Sep 23 '11 at 03:28
Blank
Gimp
427 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.71K Views
Sales tools when selling one-to-one

As for many startups, my primary sales channel is via personal network. I am therefore looking for any new or non-traditional equipment or tools to use when the chance for selling suddenly arises....

asked Aug 25 '11 at 18:05
Blank
David
1,567 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.55K Views
Merchant Account or Gateway. Who charges what and how does it work?

I'm going to take credit cards over the phone/fax. That means I need some kind of virtual terminal. I contacted my bank (Bank of America) and got following quote: Set up: $130.00 Monthly:...

asked Aug 11 '11 at 04:20
Blank
Katit
276 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.41K Views
When and how to "get out"? And some advice?

I have been involved with a technology startup in the UK from day 0, for over 5 years now. The company is up to 800k+ revenue over the last year and was on track for a 150k profit. Unfortunately...

asked Aug 2 '11 at 19:16
Blank
Jo Skipp
26 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.84K Views
Tips on shipping tons of packages?

I'm starting a US business and will need to ship a ton of packages of about 5000 in a month. I'm sourcing the product from HK. Each package is about 5 lbs and 5x5x5 inches. Any tips on which...

asked Aug 10 '11 at 05:49
Blank
Elison
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.9K Views
What are key difference in the way SMEs and big companies buy IT solutions?

I am looking for reports/articles/research on how SMEs and big companies differ in their approach for finding and buying IT solutions. I would expect that ROI and the cost of the ownership play...

asked Jul 3 '11 at 21:50
Blank
Skarab
106 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.01K Views
Should I create Company or Product website?

For a startup company with 1 product which website will be more beneficial? Should I create website that concentrates on a product or my company? My software targets transportation/trucking...

asked Jul 1 '11 at 22:59
Blank
Katit
276 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.05K Views
Providing technical support for a web software application

I've developed a web software application that allows teachers and students to fix session times. I'm planning to provide this software for sale as an installable. However, I cringe at the...

asked May 28 '11 at 04:17
Blank
Jon
126 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.99K Views
Selling computer games under legal age?

I was wondering if anybody knows what has to be done in Belgium if I want to sell computer games under the legal age (18). Which means I am to young to start a business legally. Thanks in...

asked May 19 '11 at 04:37
Blank
Simon Verbeke
108 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.64K Views
What kind of software could be sold to a large company in one week?

In my experience, it takes around a year to sell software to a large company. I have seen it getting done in three months, but it is very seldom. Therefore, my question is whether you know of any...

asked May 23 '11 at 04:50
Blank
David
1,567 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.23K Views
Value of anonymized user trend data

I was wondering how to find out how much the user data is worth for a database similar to Foursquare's? I'm not looking to sell personal user information or email addresses, but more along the...

asked May 5 '11 at 18:08
Blank
Janan Rajeevikaran
76 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.67K Views
What are the keys to writing a good teaser?

I'm curious what are the main things required to make a good 2 page teaser, to be presented to a potential buyer of a company, a European company. Some tips as well as links to examples would be...

asked Apr 27 '11 at 10:18
Blank
Shk
4 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.15K Views
Building a Sales "Deck"

Guy Kawasaki in Art of the Start talks about having two decks, an investor pitch deck and also a sales deck. Have you found this to be useful? I'm about to go pitch to 2 - 3 potential customers as...

asked Apr 30 '11 at 02:14
Blank
Nick
1,171 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.12K Views
Attempting to sell a web application

I'm looking for the best way to sell a web application. I've thought of the following options: Create an installable that people will need to purchase and run on their own web servers via a...

asked Apr 4 '11 at 02:35
Blank
Jon
126 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
4.79K Views
As an international student on student visa in US can I sell goods online? if yes how?

Can I signup for a merchant/seller account of either Paypal, Google Checkout , Amazon Checkout using my credit card info and receive payments for the products sold online ? Would my credit card...

asked Mar 15 '11 at 04:39
Blank
Saurabh
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
Selling the distribution rights to an IT product

We have a hardware/software product that I am thinking of selling the distribution rights to. Firstly is this something that can be done and secondly does anyone have any advice on how this works...

asked Feb 1 '11 at 09:36
Blank
A Hunter
111 points