SEO Questions

8 Votes
5 Answers
8.66K Views
Looking for SEO testing tool

We have updated our web app so that there will be unique SEO entries(page title, meta keywords, meta description etc) for every page. I am looking for a SEO testing tool that will automatically go...

SEO
asked Mar 18 '10 at 11:21
Blank
User2202
164 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.86K Views
Is this back link strategy a poor business decision?

I have a health related website which I am in no rush to monetize, my first priority is to build page rank and dominate the serps. I am thinking about letting healthcare providers advertise their...

asked May 4 '13 at 07:48
Blank
Jdh
182 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
3.16K Views
Is advanced SEO snake oil?

I keep reading about how search engines like google keep changing and optimizing their algorithms so I wonder how effective SEO is beyond the basics of having the right keywords, robots.txt, etc...

asked Feb 9 '13 at 04:47
Blank
Zugwalt
135 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.46K Views
Register company in UK or France for French internet startup

I am a UK based web developer currently building a French language affiliate marketing website to be hosted in France. My business partners are French and I am trying to decide whether my business...

asked Nov 20 '12 at 05:01
Blank
Brian
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.91K Views
Hosting images outside main site?

I noticed that sites like StackOverflow host user-submitted images outside their site, (in the SO case, at imgur). I've also seen forums do the same thing. Are there advantages to taking this...

asked Oct 30 '12 at 03:49
Blank
Martin's
121 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.03K Views
What are main functions of a start up that need continous attention

So we are 2 co-founders having a full time job and from the last 14 months are working on a social network. I wanted to share the name of our start up here, but somehow I think that would be cheap...

asked Oct 5 '12 at 01:30
Blank
Rajiv Singh
14 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
1.56K Views
In lay mans terms, what is the difference between online SEO and offline SEO services?

We are hunting a company to provide SEO services. They asked us whether we need online or offline SEO services. Can anyone please provide what these mean in laymans language? For a sports based...

asked Oct 11 '12 at 02:58
Blank
Rajiv Singh
14 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.34K Views
How much should I expect to receive per website (for web design)?

I am a student who wants to start a small web design business with a few of my friends. Our clients will be local small businesses (e.g. family-run businesses). We're not expecting them to request...

asked Sep 10 '12 at 04:16
Blank
Linksku
116 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2K Views
Promoting startup on Google+

I'm just getting started with promoting my startup in Google+, and am looking for suggestions on the best way to do this. I can post to Google+ as (1) the "page" for the startup or as (2) my email...

asked Aug 5 '12 at 12:55
Blank
Kekito
1,936 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.09K Views
Is building fans on a Facebook fan page or Twitter with Fiverr worthwhile?

I've seen Fiverr used to build fans to a new social network page or profile, build links (spammy) for a website, or design a logo. Is it an effective tool for building fans to a social media page...

asked Jul 9 '12 at 08:17
Blank
Paul O'brien
521 points

8 Votes
6 Answers
4.03K Views
How to approach SEO for a new website?

We have just launched (yesterday actually!) a website for our startup - providing mobile and Facebook app development services. Sales will totally drive from leads generated from the website....

asked Jul 21 '12 at 17:21
Blank
Ali
179 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.76K Views
re-name product website pre-launch?

I've been working on a B2B SAAS product for the last year or so, and it's almost ready to launch. I havn't done any SEO yet, however I did use BuildMyRank.com a couple of months ago, and during...

asked May 21 '12 at 09:54
Blank
Michael
11 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.53K Views
Should I use a separate domain name for each of my apps?

I have a business website where I have the marketing and support pages for a Mac app that I've developed. I also bought the domain name for the app which has the format myappname.com. Should I move...

SEO
asked May 5 '12 at 13:45
Blank
Mike T
174 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.59K Views
Ad/SEO Spend Budget

My question is, how should we decide how much money to spend on advertising if the return on this advertising isn't easily measured? For example, spending it on an adwords campaign to acquire new...

asked Mar 29 '12 at 08:39
Blank
User17220
19 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.55K Views
Should I go for SEO or PPC?

I am working on starting up a new company for providing software development services for iPhone and Android apps. My goal is to get at least 10 projects in a month to reach break even in 3/4...

asked Mar 2 '12 at 18:43
Blank
Ali
179 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
Standard Marketing and SEO Techniques

The new version of my business website is about to release in coming weeks which mainly includes UI improvement and support for some advance features. Within that time period, I don’t want to...

asked Feb 22 '12 at 08:13
Blank
Usman Sarfraz
1,326 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.05K Views
Is marketing the most important thing?

I was reading about the creation of mingle2.com, and what struck me as curious is that at that time (in 2007) the online dating market was well on its way to being saturated (aside from niche areas...

asked Jan 20 '12 at 02:17
Blank
Jason C
41 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.7K Views
How long does it take for a completely new site to grow SEO traffic

I have a site that is just under 3 months old: http://www.problemio.com Lets say that I am doing a very nice amount of SEO for it considering that it is so young. But the problem is that I don't...

asked Dec 15 '11 at 11:40
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
Backlink question - point to https://www.site or http://www.site ?

When getting backlinks, should I point them to https://www.site.com or http://www.site.com? for reference, when someone goes on my site by typing in http://www.site.com or www.site.com they get...

SEO
asked Dec 16 '11 at 17:05
Blank
Dmurtagh
157 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.83K Views
Does our homepage need lots of keyword rich content?

Quick question - Does our homepage need lots of keyword rich content? Right now, it has only about 60-70 words on it and apart from the Title of the page, our keywords are not really present. All...

SEO
asked Nov 6 '11 at 15:35
Blank
Dmurtagh
157 points