SEO Questions

6 Votes
3 Answers
3.25K Views
How to find and evaluate the most popular blogs to promote your business

I would like to find bloggers who speak to my target market, and who might mention my business and therefore drive name recognition and search engine optimization for my website. Any suggestions on...

asked May 30 '10 at 12:47
Blank
Smart1 Cpa
171 points

6 Votes
7 Answers
3.1K Views
Invest in best possible SEO rather than using AdWords?

From stratup MicroISV perspective, the way I look at the possibilities for advertising, it's much better, as a long-term strategy, to invest and work on the best SEO possible for your web site...

asked Jun 5 '10 at 02:06
Blank
Spiro
105 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.41K Views
Best way to structure URLs for SEO?

I am creating a service that help users connect with local vendors in a certain niche. Each vendor currently has a URL in the form: http://example.com/vendor/<id>/<vendor-name-slug> ...

asked May 15 '10 at 04:32
Blank
Michael
158 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.74K Views
I need ideas, your thoughts would be great!

So I have this domain called bargainstomper.com and I have been thinking all weekend about how to monetise the site. I came up with various ideas, like tech reviews leading to amazon affil links,...

asked Mar 7 '10 at 22:53
Blank
Marc
13 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.74K Views
SEO question: Starting a new blog. Will I be "punished" for syndicating select post from my other blog?

For the last year I have been running a blog called Lean Startups Blog. I want to take it to another level by inviting guest posters and possibly inviting some of my friends to co-run it with me. I...

asked Feb 25 '10 at 14:37
Blank
Apollo Sinkevicius
3,323 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.1K Views
Blog woes: I don't host it and it's subdomained, but should I host it and be subfoldered?

I'm a web developer who is one half of a start up. Part of our business is designing, building, and hosting websites for clients. Past experience has shown me that webapp maintenance can, at times,...

asked Mar 3 '10 at 10:08
Blank
Chris
176 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.53K Views
What's a reasonable rate for an SEO consultant?

I am looking to hire an SEO consultant to help us with keyword research and building backlinks. What are the reasonable rates (hourly, monthly) for a good SEO consultant?

SEO
asked Feb 11 '10 at 12:54
Blank
User2202
164 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.83K Views
Which web design Agency to help design a product website / launch?

We got a product and during the launch we need a good, well designed website with product features etc. Now we wrote all the features and prepared some scenarios for product showcase, videos,...

asked Jan 21 '10 at 03:44
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.9K Views
SEO dilemma while setting up blog

I have a website which is a web application. I am going to add a blog(wordpress installation). From SEO point of view is it better to have "http://blog.mysite.com" or "http://www.mysite.com/blog" ?

asked Jan 29 '10 at 13:05
Blank
User2202
164 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
6.64K Views
SEO questions for URLs

I have couple of questions regarding SEO for URLs Does hyphen vs. underscrore in the urls affect SEO?e.g. www.mysite.com/my-first-post vs. www.mysite.com/my_first_post Does capital letter vs....

SEO
asked Feb 2 '10 at 14:11
Blank
User2202
164 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.67K Views
SEO Supercharger - Fact or Fiction?

I've been getting a pitch from a company called Blackwood Productions about some SEO services that are supposed to greatly increase my organic traffic. Without going into all of the specifics, does...

asked Jan 14 '10 at 11:36
Blank
Chris
4,214 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.54K Views
to create blog/forum under a separate site or build under current site

inspired by hubspot, we're dedicated to creating more remarkable content. we think it can be engaging and relevant for our customers. we feel mass-customized apparel is an area that doesn't have...

asked Jan 17 '10 at 18:11
Blank
User2275
11 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.34K Views
What is best website for SMB for SEO? WordPress or static site?

I have come across a question by a local business. When it comes to SEO, is there a difference between a website built on WordPress and one using any other means (static pages, website templates,...

asked Jan 20 '10 at 16:30
Blank
Doug M
26 points

8 Votes
15 Answers
13.2K Views
What is the best free seo rank checker tool?

I am looking for a tool that can monitor my website rankings on search engines like Google, Yahoo bing etc .. Is there any such tool around that is free ?

asked Dec 31 '09 at 06:18
Blank
Varun
41 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
Community Manager - marketer, product person, support? And where does Social Networking fit in the mix?

I'm frequently involved in debates about the skillset that best embodies a successful online community manager. How do you define their responsibility and what experiences are most valuable...

asked Dec 1 '09 at 04:31
Blank
Paul O'brien
521 points

14 Votes
7 Answers
4.01K Views
SEO: Where can I get reliable information about building my website presence and reputation?

Every web site owner wants more traffic. There's an overwhelming amount of information out there about Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Some is legitimate, some outdated, much is based on rumor...

asked Dec 1 '09 at 10:05
Blank
Keith De Long
5,091 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
2.91K Views
B-to-B landing pages and conversions

Within the online marketing space, a standard rule I have heard about landing pages is to limit choice. Ideally you have one page, with your sales pitch and they can either take your desired action...

asked Nov 6 '09 at 03:42
Blank
Adam
446 points