Shipping Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
5.7K Views
Any good alternatives to Fulfillment by Amazon?

I want to use a third party service for storing and processing my inventory for an eCommerce site. The logistics of packing and shipping are just too much for me to bear.The problem is that the...

asked Jul 14 '14 at 21:59
Blank
Harold Paschal
7 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.99K Views
Collecting sales tax for a web-based LLC in Missouri that ships product

I co-own an LLC in Missouri that ships products that we manufacture to people around the country. I am unclear on when to collect sales tax. There is a lot of conflicting information, and the MO...

asked Sep 24 '13 at 04:41
Blank
Joseph.Hainline
116 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.59K Views
What to Charge Customers for Lost Shipments

I'm a very small business with limited means. I sent a shipment to Australia from the United States via USPS Priority Mail. I charged the customer the USPS's cost $34.80 for shipping plus for three...

asked Apr 7 '13 at 06:16
Blank
Lee Richardson
108 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.09K Views
Shipping "rewards" from a Kickstarter project

(i cant find a stack relating to "Crowdfunding" or similar so decided to put this in here, please feel free to migrate it to a more suitable stack if you know of one) I am currently running a...

asked Feb 13 '13 at 02:39
Blank
Darkcat Studios
190 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.48K Views
Shipping goods from India to Texas

I am starting a clothing business and have a manufacturer in Mumbai, India. Do I pay and Indian tax and/or a US tax for importing/exporting? THANKS

asked Dec 11 '12 at 03:40
Blank
Lisa Armstrong
6 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.47K Views
How to designate terms for international shipping via FedEx or similar services?

For years I've been using "FOB our office" to signify that the buyer pays for all shipping door-to-door, insurance, import duties, etc. In other words, we hand the package to the FedEx guy and...

asked Jun 2 '12 at 01:22
Blank
Martin's
121 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
6.12K Views
How long does it take for shipping manufactured goods from China to US via sea?

I'm trying to get the first batch of my product from China to the US. The products are not enough to fill a shipping container, but will be too expensive to do airfreight. How long does Ocean...

asked Feb 8 '12 at 20:24
Blank
User106377
96 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.82K Views
Are shipping charges taxable?

I purchase products and resell them, adding services that relate to computers and technology. For example, I might purchase a laptop, install custom software and settings according to my customer's...

asked Sep 29 '11 at 11:40
Blank
J Yelton
113 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
Advice on starting a drop shipping business

I want to start a drop shipping online shop. The products can be anything that could be profitable. I'm thinking about stuff like: Latex clothing Toys for children Japanese electronics like...

asked Oct 2 '11 at 05:46
Blank
Herr K
292 points