Social Media Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.71K Views
What social media information or solution do you miss?

I am looking into building a social media tool and would be curious to know what the entrepreneurs here are missing. Is there one information (raw data, aggregated data, chart, etc) that would...

asked May 23 '11 at 00:01
Blank
Tucson
714 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.7K Views
Getting engagement on Twitter

We launched our company Twitter account by getting a few thousand other Twitter users to follow us -- by following them. The result was like a crowded pick-up joint on Saturday night. People were...

asked May 24 '11 at 07:59
Blank
Kenneth Vogt
2,917 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.28K Views
Best practices for Twitter B2B lead Generation

One of our client companies has just launched an aggressive Twitter campaign on behalf of the product with a focus on securing B2B clients. What best practices do you recommend for leveraging...

asked May 17 '11 at 14:13
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.45K Views
What do you do when you have an idea _and_ money but no expertise or experience creating a technical product?

I know that seems like a "how do I cope with my spoil of riches?" type question and I apologize in advance for being the type of amateur class that for all I know has a popular tumblr blog...

asked Apr 23 '11 at 14:41
Blank
Ray Kinsella Not Really
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.08K Views
Internet Marketing lessons/course for a startup founder

Possible Duplicate: How to promote my business using social networking Hi All, I am going to roll up my sleeves and learn internet marketing to make my startup succeed. Need help with links to...

asked Mar 31 '11 at 07:50
Blank
Seattle Techie
6 points

5 Votes
7 Answers
2.97K Views
Managing multiple online personas

I currently own a resume writing business, but am also starting up a separate B2B copywriting business as well as another online marketing site. All of these ventures have very different customers,...

asked Apr 5 '11 at 07:59
Blank
Mary Aho
46 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.57K Views
What would you spend 15 minutes a day of "Social Media" on?

I work in the B2B market. Many of our clients are owned and managed by the entrepreneur or owner. These are not high-tech companies. They make things, they manufacture, they develop, they produce...

asked Mar 25 '11 at 07:50
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.75K Views
What aspect of your startups workflow could be better, or how have you improved it?

I have asked a few fledgling tech startups about what they wish they didn't have to spend as much time on. The answer is almost invariably 'not coding' and 'context shifts' as exemplified by...

asked Mar 30 '11 at 15:46
Blank
Unomi
111 points

6 Votes
7 Answers
2.44K Views
How do I find a bona fide Social Media consultant?

Everybody and their brother claims to be a social media "expert" these days. How do you find a consultant who actually knows what they are doing? How much should they cost? What should you get...

asked Mar 21 '11 at 13:12
Blank
Kenneth Vogt
2,917 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.68K Views
How 'bout a combined StackExchange/Wikipedia hybrid solution?

Our start-up site will use a listing of product/service categories. I want our site's community of members to decide what categories/subcategories get added, as well as, other aspects about each...

asked Mar 7 '11 at 01:54
Blank
C. Scott
85 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.05K Views
Social Media Auction website startup

I need more vendors to join my startup, likebids.com, but I only have 10 so far. Can anyone give me more information on where to find the right advertisers that would be interested in our...

asked Feb 22 '11 at 12:12
Blank
Like Bids
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.64K Views
Should I have 1 blog for each product or 1 blog for the company?

We have several products in several different areas (some are in the same areas). Should we start a blog for each product or should we write in our company blog everything? What's the best...

asked Feb 27 '11 at 07:40
Blank
Tiago
333 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
Please suggest how I can establish a relationship with young startups in US using Social Media?

We are an young startup whose target market in other young startups and SME's. We intend to provide them with service like blogging, link building, content research and other activities that will...

asked Feb 18 '11 at 05:35
Blank
Beginning Steps
50 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.31K Views
Name some innovative Social Media Campaigns that garner a lot of attention

Beyond the tools, like Twitter and FB, what are some proven strategies or creative concepts that you have seen companies employ to build their brand. For instance, one company I know of, is...

asked Feb 4 '11 at 10:48
Blank
Zkidd
26 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.83K Views
Approach to online marketing

What online marketing strategy do you use if you run site that sells services? Where do you start?

asked Jan 21 '11 at 12:17
Blank
Mat Banik
325 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
How can we get more sales for our daily deal app? (not Groupon clone)

We've launched our group buying app (no, we're not a Groupon clone) for online retailers about 3 weeks ago. Traffic has been okay, and we have a fair number of sign-ups for the trial. We've only...

asked Jan 12 '11 at 17:14
Blank
Alvin Tan
30 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
The network effect: your best friend - your worst enemy

The network effect is the thing that makes certain products or services useless until everybody is on board. But once everybody is on board then said product or service becomes very useful. Case...

asked Dec 10 '10 at 03:34
Blank
John Berryman
388 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.4K Views
Looking for a social network to deploy my concept

I have (yet another) concept for social media (don't worry, it's cooler than all the other ones). And I am looking for ideas about where to deploy it first. The market group is 18-35 yr olds who...

asked Dec 13 '10 at 07:04
Blank
John Berryman
388 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
1.88K Views
How To Get Featured in the Media

For my new startup, I've tried contacting numerous blogs, newspapers, news channels, and other media channels to help feature my startup. I've written kind, catchy, short, and to the point emails...

asked Nov 24 '10 at 11:37
Blank
Mlocke97
48 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
What term is the business world equivalent to the term “social media”? (Or help us coin the term right here!)

My business will provide an automated “tool” that can be used as part of the pre-sales/pre-purchase process. A by-product of using this tool is the creation of a network of buyers and sellers. (In...

asked Nov 25 '10 at 01:56
Blank
Cesel
128 points