Solo Entrepreneur Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.84K Views
Running multiple entities at the same time?

I seem to struggle at one thing, being all over the place. I believe I have good entrepreneurial mindset and wondering if I am doing it all wrong. My aim is to quit the corporate job and run my own...

asked Mar 27 '12 at 01:36
Blank
Akhona
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.67K Views
If I'm registered as solopreneur can I legally avoid disclosing that on my merchant website and a payment gateway landing page?

If I'm registered as solopreneur can I avoid putting something like: Joe Doe, <Home address> and put instead: example.com <solo registration number> on a payment gateway landing...

asked Nov 14 '11 at 19:29
Blank
User14417
8 points

8 Votes
3 Answers
4.6K Views
What to put in an about us page when you are one-man startup?

Most of the about us page puts the purpose of the startup, then the team, background of company, etc. But when you are just one person, no office, and sometimes history of the company is not so...

asked Jun 26 '11 at 00:59
Blank
Victor
593 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.31K Views
Handling Business Analysis and Managing Scope Creep

As a developer, I produce a high-quality product, I exceed expectations and I deliver on time. However, as a project manager and business analyst, I could use a lot of work. I am not particularly...

asked May 19 '11 at 22:29
Blank
Todofixthis
183 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.82K Views
How To Do Single Person LLC Accounting?

I am in a single person LLC, so I am allowed to file my taxes on my personal return and I don't have to cut myself paychecks. I would prefer to take all of the money out at the end of the year....

asked Apr 28 '11 at 08:38
Blank
Skaz
254 points

10 Votes
8 Answers
3.32K Views
Help! I'm a serial entrepreneur that keeps coming up with ideas that never get completed

I am a web applications developer and one of my big problems in launching my own self-initiated and funded web applications is that I just can't stop coming up with application ideas. Seriously, I...

asked Feb 22 '11 at 18:09
Blank
Digital Sea
1,613 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
2.36K Views
Starting a software company in a remote/isolated place

I am in Peshawar, Pakistan ... a place hardly known for software companies. How do I do it here or even online from here? I am capable of developing software, have loads of ideas (some of which...

asked Jan 4 '11 at 04:33
Blank
Mumtaz
138 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
Having a Small Business in California

I applied for a sole proprietorship business in San Francisco. I had to spend money registering for the business($25 for County Clerk's Office) and the fictitious business name($44 County Clerk's...

asked Jan 12 '11 at 07:56
Blank
A.N.N.
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.92K Views
Seeking Wisdom from experienced business owners

Does anybody here understand the basics of online businesses (online billing- client relations management software, etc) and other aspects like hiring and working with outsourced help and Sales...

asked Dec 31 '10 at 17:49
Blank
Sergio Alvarez
46 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.91K Views
How often do I need to renew a DBA?

I have googled to find an answer but all I was able to find was it is 5 years in CA and 10 years in TX. I would like to learn it for SC, GA and FL. And, is there a specific time to do this? Any...

asked Dec 9 '10 at 03:25
Blank
Ncakmak
180 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.15K Views
Becoming a freelancer: where to start? (Taxes, registration, income/expenses...)

Not sure if this is the right site for freelancers, but becoming a freelancer is kinda a one-man start-up. Anyway, my question would be, where to start. I only have a technical education and I...

asked Sep 27 '10 at 07:47
Blank
Znq
164 points

3 Votes
9 Answers
3.02K Views
Looking for blogs and real life stories about entrepreneurs with a family

I really need to read and learn about startup entrepreneurs that have a family, and are managing to take the big risk and do this crazy thing called "start-up". As I see it from my point of view (...

asked Aug 2 '10 at 15:46
Blank
Meir
238 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.77K Views
What resources do you use to get yourself educated in finances required to start a business?

I'm not formally educated in finance but I want to learn it so I can start my business, what resources would you recommend?

asked Jun 7 '10 at 19:01
Blank
Elisha
64 points

6 Votes
9 Answers
3.46K Views
How do you know if you have what it takes to be an entrepreneur?

Many professionals want to start their own venture but are scared of failing. Many of them do not know if they have a multi-faceted personality that is needed to run a business successfully. How...

asked Mar 19 '10 at 02:48
Blank
Joydeep
185 points