Spam Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.31K Views
Can you do negative SEO on your competitors to gain the #1 spot?

For my target keyword I am ranking as #1. Lately I've started seeing strange backlinks (lots of them) in Google Webmaster Tools.I suspect one of my competitors is doing it to potentially screw up...

asked Jun 19 '14 at 01:42
Blank
Kevin Kinder
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.36K Views
How to deal with negative SEO efforts from competitors?

Lately I have had someone constantly post thousands of spam blog comments which have links that point to my site. It is a huge amount of work trying to keep up with disavowing these links in Google...

asked Sep 9 '14 at 15:14
Blank
Patrick Gonzalez
14 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.63K Views
Alternative to reCAPTCHA to prevent automated signups?

I tried adding reCaptcha to my signup page in order to prevent automated signups (we're having a problem where someone is creating hundreds of accounts a day to spam).Adding the captcha resulted in...

asked Apr 19 '14 at 01:27
Blank
Mark Guy
7 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.91K Views
Is link building dead for SEO?

With all the information being dispensed by Matt Cutts and the Google web spam team, is link building soon going to be dead. In terms of not being a prominent factor in rankings?Especially since...

asked Apr 3 '14 at 10:41
Blank
Christopher Arnold
11 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.2K Views
Sending newsletters

I've had an online site for years, currently with around 3000 users. I want to start a newsletter but am unsure of the laws for this (I've read CAN-SPAM guidelines but this subject isn't really...

asked Dec 7 '12 at 07:52
Blank
Geoff M
115 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
Sending an offer/request by e-mail

Are there in the UK any particular regulations regarding sending business offers/requests by e-mail? I was unable to find any, but for example in my home country, Poland a company can send an...

asked Mar 13 '12 at 04:21
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.44K Views
B2B email marketing spam laws

When sending commercial emails to people you do not know, is there any difference between targeting b2b or b2c. For example, assume I send an email to a contact info of another company (for...

asked Dec 30 '11 at 21:44
Blank
Vondip
584 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.18K Views
Email blasting worth it for small group?

I am currently part of a small team of people (<6) who are working on building a mobile application for release on a few of the popular mobile stores. We were deciding on ways of advertising and...

asked Dec 8 '11 at 00:37
Blank
A Sandwhich
121 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.91K Views
As a representative for my company, how can I suggest my product on blogs and forums without sounding spammy?

My company recently launched a product and I've been attempting to build up the page rank of the product site by building up inbound links to it. To kill 2 birds with one stone, I've been searching...

asked Jun 11 '11 at 05:42
Blank
Erebus
121 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.72K Views
Is reading someone's address book with his permission and knowledge and sending bulk email an act of spam?

There is this scenario. I registered dropbox.com (hereafter DB) and were using it. And DB offered me a referral program that I'll get 250mb for every free register from my referrer. So I gave DB...

asked Apr 14 '11 at 22:52
Blank
Moe Sweet
141 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
Low Google rankings for my site

I have a website with an integrated Web service (an app for card divination online). Age of domain is already almost 2 years. Naturally, I wanted to make my site popular. First I submit my app in...

asked Apr 6 '11 at 04:35
Blank
Astraport
186 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.9K Views
To avoid your emails being treated as spam, does it help to attach a vcf file?

For my online business, I need to send emails to my customers. Sometimes they get rejected by their spam filter. I try to encourage my customers to add my email address to their address book. Do...

asked Jan 1 '11 at 22:11
Blank
Anthony
203 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.89K Views
Are "invite your friends" emails can-spam compliant?

I've added an "invite your friends" feature to my site but reading through can-spam, it seems as if invites should be classified as unsolicited emails. But invites must be can-spam compliant...

asked Nov 14 '10 at 21:47
Blank
Sherif Buzz
462 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.01K Views
Do legitmate businesses make money using spam?

Spam in email, Linkedin Groups, forums, etc is so prevalent. I see it as part of life on the internet but find it annoying and intrusive. Both legitimate and scam businesses spam. Is it because...

asked Jan 20 '10 at 20:29
Blank
Starr Ed
948 points