Startup Costs Questions

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.28K Views
Equity equation as 3rd member of a startup

I was working for a startup as a remote contractor for couple of months. The founders of the startups are non technical and I am the only one technical person into the team. After working with...

asked Aug 18 '12 at 19:46
Blank
Arnold
16 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
2.35K Views
Getting Funds for a Startup

Im starting my Startup with $0, a Mac, and A Windows. I need Startup Money but I don't want to get it from Venture Capital. What kinds of Methods are there? Thanks

asked Aug 14 '12 at 09:44
Blank
Coder404
136 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.2K Views
Partnership - Investing time and not cash - What equity should I expect?

Hoping someone can comment or help. I have been invited to join in partnership with two others to start a new company which is entirely there idea. I am not expected to make any cash...

asked Jul 5 '12 at 05:42
Blank
Col
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.94K Views
Stuck in the middle on a start-up venture

My co-founder and I have invested $50k together and launched phase 1 of our social network website. We have started marketing in NY metro and have grown to 300 users in 4 weeks. We are in the...

asked Jun 23 '12 at 04:36
Blank
Rajiv
11 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
7.55K Views
Startups with ASP.Net MVC 3 and MS SQL

We were thinking of starting a Web Startup using the technologies C#,Asp.Net MVC 3 and Sqlserver. We have heard a lot of talk about "cost" when it comes to using Microsoft technologies for a...

asked Jun 3 '12 at 11:05
Blank
User636525
138 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.59K Views
Next steps after launching a social network

So my co-founder and I spent 10 months and launched a social network 2 weeks ago. We are doing simple fb ads and craigslist advertising and have reached 200 users. As anyone will say, our idea is...

asked Jun 2 '12 at 01:24
Blank
R W
8 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
Foreign LLC Fee for a non-US entity?

I'm thinking of working (as a contractor) for a Texas based business; I am interested in forming an LLC/LLP, and looking to do so in the most cost effective way. I read that A LLC must register as...

asked May 14 '12 at 04:33
Blank
User3262424
107 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
Where Shall I Establish My LLC/LLP?

I am an engineer that will soon be having a sole client, an Austin, TX based company. I will be providing my services while working from my home office (in NY state); occassionally (say, once in a...

asked May 14 '12 at 06:56
Blank
User3262424
107 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.33K Views
Determining fund raising stage for venture capital

I've been running a site (community platform) for a couple years and now we are growing fast, getting strong user traction and started implementing a customer oriented business model. In order to...

asked May 20 '12 at 06:35
Blank
Jean Pierre
48 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
Niche market ok if startup and operating costs are low?

i know, i know: go after large markets. the math is easier. but my business plan calls for selling an inexpensively developed but highly compelling product to a niche industry. further, the...

asked May 23 '12 at 10:32
Blank
Brianb
21 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.63K Views
Is there such a thing as "legal insurance" available to startups?

As some kind of a follow-up of my previous question about trademark, I am curious to know about legal risks and protection options, particularly in Europe. As far as I can see, one of the greatest...

asked Apr 23 '12 at 17:18
Blank
Yoav Aner
318 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
1.84K Views
Average Electricity Usage for a Startup?

I'm developing my business plan and I am trying to do some forecasting on my financials. Can anyone help me get a clue as to what is average electricity usage (kWh) for a startup. Lets say...

asked Apr 7 '12 at 04:48
Blank
Griffin
101 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
Issues with Start-Up and Co-Founders

Currently I am stuck in a messy situation where I am the only designer/developer for the web driven start up, along with being co-founder, the other two co-founders (business guy and editor), are...

asked Apr 12 '12 at 03:23
Blank
Izzy
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.79K Views
What Happens After funding and Product Development?

I've been running my own online business and do very well from it however I'm looking to go to take it to the next level as i found there is a ceiling in my current business of mid 6 figures....

asked Feb 21 '12 at 17:43
Blank
Jake
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
focus on only one target or try at least a few?

Because of the nature of startups, they have multiple ways of proceeding with the product. this is the problem right now for us. we were planning to for go for global but now we noticed there is a...

asked Feb 21 '12 at 20:16
Blank
Altuure
103 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.6K Views
Is it a good idea to launch a start up without a marketing plan?

My friend and I have invested $40-$50 k in a website we are launching in April. We have full time jobs but put all our savings into this project. We are done with the development phase and are...

asked Feb 15 '12 at 04:55
Blank
Raj
24 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
4.26K Views
Deferred fee agreement with a Lawyer

Please can someone advise whether the below terms is a good idea. I working on a start-up and engaged a Lawyer on a deferred fee agreement basis, then he sent the following terms. Before I enter...

asked Feb 10 '12 at 02:27
Blank
Tiger
11 points

0 Votes
5 Answers
2.33K Views
Recruiting Students Developers for a Startup Project

I have a startup idea which I want to implement speedily this year. I have developed the concept fully. However, I want to engage a team of 5 students in working on the project. These students will...

asked Jan 31 '12 at 18:25
Blank
Stanley
59 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.52K Views
VC not needed? What am I missing from these costs?

My roommate and I are partners and only employees in a startup focused on a single web application (for now). We discussed VC, but based on the costs we thought of it seemed unnecessary. Here are...

asked Jan 20 '12 at 12:14
Blank
Mirov
384 points

4 Votes
8 Answers
4.38K Views
Buying a low-budget server. What is important ? High traffic?

I need a server that can handle a lot of traffic for my iPhone app. I am just a student, so affording a server in the thousands is rather not an option. How can I handle that ? Can I rent servers ?...

asked Jan 13 '12 at 03:48
Blank
Martin
130 points