Startup Costs Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.46K Views
Liabilities as SAAS should consider

I'm considering registering a business that I am bootstrapping. At this point I am concerned about keeping costs down. The cheapest option in my state is to register a Sole Proprietorship. The next...

asked Dec 14 '11 at 02:42
Blank
Mike Nereson
411 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
1.98K Views
How should I move forward? [Details inside]

I am an 18-year old individual, in my first year of university. At the beginning of the university year, I had an idea for a website that I followed up on and have, at this point, created a product...

asked Dec 6 '11 at 17:55
Blank
Aventuris
28 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
4.33K Views
How much equity should I give these people?

We're two co founders, I'm the tech, he is the business end. We want to bring on a graphic designer (since the stuff we've gotten 2/3 times on Guru.com was awful). We currently have begun raising...

asked Nov 29 '11 at 08:28
Blank
Meow
137 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
How long does it take a company similiar to ebay to get investing

My Company is looking to get angel investing for a startup in order to provide more resources/time to various aspects of our business. How long does it take to sway an angel to invest? I know this...

asked Dec 1 '11 at 09:58
Blank
Meow
137 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.26K Views
How do I get to entrepreneurs?

How do I reach out to the entrepreneurs all over the world easily? Here's the thing. I am (along with a team of entrepreneurs too) working on a project that is supposed to match people...

asked Nov 13 '11 at 22:18
Blank
Mathias Lykkegaard Lorenzen
106 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.87K Views
Is Survival of a Startup possible on Freelancing through websites?

We are a team of four (and great friends) and have a good product in mind and initial RnD shows great potential (Server based application). But the problem is that we need to spend around 1 and a...

asked Oct 27 '11 at 00:40
Blank
Basit Anwer
103 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.29K Views
Credit card processor fees

What is a cost of using a credit card processor? How much does it cost to set up for a small startup (lets say, a small store or a restaurant), what are the fees of using the processor, and what...

asked Oct 16 '11 at 04:42
Blank
The Piachu
113 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.2K Views
What monetization ways I have?

I plan to start business like DropBox. It's not exactly like DropBox but something similar. DropBox is charging monthly fees for their subscription but my service is total free of cost. It's cloud...

asked Oct 18 '11 at 23:54
Blank
Umair Ashraf
135 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.64K Views
Wifi Tablet built to Spec

I have seen a lot of information on the internet about low-cost wifi tablets from India. I have spoken to a reputable tech company in the states about ordering them and they quoted a price of $37...

asked Oct 20 '11 at 11:48
Blank
Eric Littleton
107 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.47K Views
To launch a website business, what do I need for funding?

I just want to have my own website where I sell products that I manufacture using CAD software. I'm trying to look three ahead because that's supposedly how long it takes for a business to start...

asked Oct 8 '11 at 16:55
Blank
Wolfpack'08
99 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.86K Views
Are software startups qualified for SBA loan?

Just wondering if a software startup can qualify for SBA loan or is it actually for brick and mortar mom/pop business? If anyone has experience successfully getting a loan for Software startup...

asked Oct 5 '11 at 06:05
Blank
Gagan
150 points

12 Votes
5 Answers
4.31K Views
Sole Proprietorship vs LLC

From what I read there are two basic types of business recommended for a single person business (in the US): Sole Proprietorship LLC My wife is looking to start a business for blogging/selling...

asked Sep 9 '11 at 23:20
Blank
Joel B
163 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.67K Views
Advertisment on startup is a good idea or not?

As everyone knows that in the beginning days of startups everyone tries to lay low on the cash flow so my question here is that is it a good idea to have ads on the startups(websites)? And if the...

asked Sep 11 '11 at 20:22
Blank
Safran Ali
272 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.58K Views
Where to find mentors/advisors for garage stage startup company?

I have an idea related to healthcare communications and am trying to find mentors/advisors who would be willing to guide my partner and I towards success. I live in Silicon Valley. I was...

asked Aug 31 '11 at 06:10
Blank
Saif Akhtar
53 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.51K Views
How does a US Citizen living in Europe register an US based LLC from Europe?

I am a US citizen currently living in Poland (EU state) and would like to register a US based LLC from here. Is this possible? If so: How? How much is the cost? What are the positives &...

asked Sep 2 '11 at 20:35
Blank
Psylohi
108 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.99K Views
How should I spend my limited financial capability to gain momentum in my startup?

I am a start up, with no office. fairly new to Canada with no financial records. No website (only Domain name). Working from a rented room. I registered my company. Imported a small stock that is...

asked Aug 19 '11 at 13:23
Blank
Ramzi
26 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.12K Views
How have you gone about creating your convertible note?

My startup company has put together a group of friends and family investors who will be investing in the form of a convertible note. I've done quite a bit of research on convertible notes, but am...

asked Aug 15 '11 at 01:29
Blank
Nick Branstator
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.1K Views
Compensation for early startup employee - what is the right balance?

If my company is profitable and able to pay early startup employee at the market salary (compare to MSFT, Google, Apple etc) , should I still need to pay for significant amount of option to...

asked Aug 8 '11 at 23:30
Blank
Howard
126 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.59K Views
Good course of action or no?

Originally when first talking about the company myself, and the 2 other cofounders.. at the time decided to do a split on equity. Now, we're about a 1.5-2 months in and the other two cofounders...

asked Jul 14 '11 at 02:42
Blank
User9968
229 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3K Views
Startup costs info

Does anyone have an excel spreadsheet of their startup costs? I want to make sure I have not left anything off or forgotten about anything. Some background info: I have a website and iphone app,...

asked Apr 10 '11 at 03:23
Blank
Pmillio
57 points